Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page weird thing w/ Branca's 3rd
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2006, 03:20 PM   #1
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
something weird just happened. I was in my appartment, drinking whisky and listenig to branca's 3rd symptony. Suddently, during the 1movenment climax, a song comes swiftly in my head and i start singing loud " all we are saying, is give peace a chance" and it sounds in tune w/ the symphony(?!)
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 04:52 PM   #2
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbLsbqvl58Q&search=john%20lennon%20give%20 peace%20a%20chance

the fact that Branca incorporates the I V7 movement in his symphony confuses me, but i havent listened to that piece yet. Ill listen to it later and see....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 11:39 AM   #3
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
the 'give peace a chance' melody is, starting off from E:

E4 D4 C4 D4 G3

G3 F4 E4 D4 C4

the G3-F4 transition would be part of a V7 chord - no? is that what you mean?
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth