Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page That Sonic Show - episode 2
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.09.2007, 04:24 PM   #1
blastscenealibi
bad moon rising

blastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's asses
The band is in talks with SST about signing to their label. Thurston wants to get out of handing out gig flyers so he can go to the hardcore show in the Hamptons so he assigns the task to Steve explaining that it's always the "newbie's job". Watt tags along with Steve as he tries to pass out flyers on the subway but Steve is unable to get anybody to accept one so Watt schools Steve on how it's done and gets enthusiastic responses from people as he pretends that he's Steve. He also fills Steve's head with stories about the "California Girls" who he promises to introduce Steve to if, and only if, the band gets the proper "West Coast credentials" by signing with SST. Johnny Carson thinks that Sonic Youth is CCR and keeps leaving phone messages telling the band to play "Suzie Q" on their upcoming Tonight Show performance because he loves that song so much and then mouth-pops the intro to the song every time before hanging up. Kim finally gets some sleep after her recent bout with insomnia but then has nightmares about Alfred Hitchcock scenes that scared her as a little girl and during band practice Thurston can't resist throwing in the riff from the "Psycho" shower scene somewhere in mid-song scaring the hell out of Kim and making her jump and scream. Mini-Lee, the president of the "Lee Is Free" Lee Ranaldo fan club drops by the practice. Mini-Lee looks exactly like Lee except that he is a 3 foot tall midget. The band invites him to jam with them but Mini-Lee has a hard time trying to play the guitar since it's the same size as he is. Then he struggles to get feedback by holding it up in the air above his head but it's too heavy and he falls backwards to the floor. And the band rehearses Shadow Of A Doubt ...

"met a stranger on a train
he bumped right into me
swear I didn't mean it
swear it wasn't meant to be
must've been a dream
from a thousand years ago
i swear i didn't mean it
swear it wasn't meant to be
from the bottom of my heart
he was looking all over me
you take me and I'll take you
you kill him and I'll kill her