Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page David Tibet curates festival in Donau, Austria
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.02.2007, 10:36 AM   #41
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Sure !
i hope there will be a place in the danube to cool the beer,
like last year in Korneuburg.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 08:06 AM   #42
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
update
The bad news first: due to health problems, Marc Almond unfortunately saw himself forced to cancel his performance at the donaufestival 07. So much better, however, sounds the news that we have managed to add the exceptional Sunn O))) to this year’s line-up. To be marvelled at on April 20th at the Klangraum Krems Minoritenkirche.
Old 03.25.2007, 08:22 AM   #43
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Awww, that's hardly replacing like with like, is it? I'd be sorely disappointed if I was looking forward to seeing Marc Almond and ended up with Sunn O))) instead.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 08:40 AM   #44
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Awww, that's hardly replacing like with like, is it? I'd be sorely disappointed if I was looking forward to seeing Marc Almond and ended up with Sunn O))) instead.
haha, very true !!!
Old 03.25.2007, 10:48 AM   #45
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
What would be a suitable "like with like" replacement for Marc Almond, though?
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2007, 03:16 AM   #46
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Anthony and the Johnsons comes immediately to mind.
Old 03.26.2007, 03:24 AM   #47
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Boy George.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2007, 03:30 AM   #48
sonicl
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Boy George.
Old 04.19.2007, 01:05 PM   #49
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Gotta go now, today is the first day.

Hell, yes!
See you next week.
Old 04.22.2007, 03:48 PM   #50
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

First weekend was really, really great!

Sunn O))) played in a church (Minoritenkirche Klangraum Krems) , i mean, yeah, Sunn O))) played in a church. How fucking cool is that? That gig was so good i can´t even tell you how ace they were, in a church.

NWW were amazing too. In my opinion they should have played a little louder but i guess that`s just me. Mr.Tibet joined their set for some time, that was also interesting.

Current 93 put on a very beautiful and intense show, i was really tired when they played but it was still fucking great.

On Thursday we came a little late so we missed a part of Fennesz´s set.
Don´t know what to say, hm...,he was great and i really enjoyed it.

I suck in describing music.....

-Simon Finn was awesome (he played a fantastic version of JERUSALEM)
-Julia Kent was awesome
-I didn´t really like Cyclobe (love Coil, though)
-Addictive TV was great fun and nice to dance to
-Om suprised me positively
-The Notwist were pretty boring
-Little Annie was funny and interesting
-Matmos were OK
-Didn´t really enjoy Larsen

Unfortunately i missed Six Organs of Addmitance. But a friend of mine told me he (Ben Chasney) was pretty drunk and they only played for about 20 minutes.
Old 04.22.2007, 04:08 PM   #51
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Oh yeah, and i won 15€ donated by Will Oldham.
I invested the money in a Current 93 T-Shirt and a Heineken.
Old 04.23.2007, 01:54 PM   #52
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

Spiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's asses
a short vid of current 93 @ donaufestival in krems :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEwLJVhCZ2U
Spiritual Amnesia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2007, 10:14 AM   #53
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

Spiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's asses
!!!! NEWS !!!!

April 30th the Running Order has changed:
Halle 1
Boredoms
Phill Niblock
Haswell & Hecker
Throbbing Gristle "In the Shadow of the Sun"
KTL
T.Raumschmiere

Lounge (in between the shows in Halle 1)
>>>>> FM Einheit (Einstürzende Neubauten) <<<<<<<<< new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04.26.2007, 10:17 AM   #54
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
oh shit guys ... looks like you had lots of fun out there.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2007, 10:20 AM   #55
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

ooh yes !!!!
i won a special David Tibet Interview - recorded at the donaufestival !!
Old 04.26.2007, 02:24 PM   #56
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual Amnesia
>>>>> FM Einheit (Einstürzende Neubauten) <<<<<<<<< new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that made my day.
He´s the perfect addition to an already quite perfect festival.
Can´t wait for tomorrow when we´ll hit the heavy highwayz of Austria riding to Krems.
It´s gonna be a superb weekend.
Old 07.24.2007, 11:50 AM   #57
sarramkrop

Durtro news:
24 July 2007

CANCELLED Current 93 September 2007 concert in Florence/Firenze CANCELLED

We are very sorry to say that we have had to CANCEL the 8 September 2007 C93 show which was to have taken place in Florence/Firenze at the Ippodromo Delle Mulina Alle Cascine. We are now working on dates for 2008 to coincide with the release of the forthcoming C93 album.

Dark Entries: Flemish/Dutch language Steven Stapleton intervie, biography and discography and review of the Ghent NWW concert

www.darkentries.be/index.php?nav=interviews&zoekID=95

www.darkentries.be/index.php?nav=concerts&zoekID=68

David Tibet appears live with Larsen in Belgium, 14 September 2007

14/09/2007 @ Happy New Ears Festival voor nieuwe muziek, Kortrijk, Begium

Larsen & friends play ABECEDA (Larsen with Baby Dee, David Tibet, Jóhann Jóhannsson, Julia Kent, Snejanka Mihaylova)

with Blind Cave Salamander (Fabrizio Modonese Palumbo and Paul Beauchamp with Julia Kent and Marco Milanesio) and Jóhann Jóhannsson

www.happynewears.be

www.myspace.com/happynewears

Release of live Larsen CD/DVD featuring David Tibet

Important Records are releasing a CD/DVD of Larsen's collaboration with Tibet, Baby Dee, Julia Kent and many others. The press release from Important/Larsen follows:

Larsen & Friends ABECEDA (CD+DVD, Important Records, IMPREC 129)
Release date: 7 August 2007
Baby Dee: harp, piano
David Michael Tibet: vocals
Fabrizio Modonese Palumbo: guitar, electric viola
Jóhann Jóhannsson: electric organ, laptop
Julia Kent: cello
Marco "il Bue" Schiavo: drums, glockenspiel
Paolo Dellapiana: electronics, accordion, shruti-box, theremin
Roberto Maria Clemente: guitar
Snejanka Mihaylova: performance
This CD+DVD set captures an extremely special evening for Larsen; one that places them in a perfect visual and musical perspective, revealing more than a little about this enigmatic quartet from Torino, Italy.
For one night only, Larsen assembled their closest musical friends to play to a sold-out crowd at the Teatro Colosseo in Torino. The purpose of the performance was to pay tribute to the work of Czech avant-garde designer, typographer, founder of Devestil, and cultural radical Karel Teige and his Abeceda, a 1926 collaboration with poet Vitoslav Nezva that minimalized text down to its basic components, establishing a poetic dialogue between text and images.
Larsen brings minimalist beauty and melody with a live performance incorporating music, dance, and projections. Joining the group are friends David Tibet (Current 93), Baby Dee (Current 93), Julia Kent (Antony and the Johnsons and long time Larsen collaborator) and Jòhann Jòhannsson (Touch/4AD). The music swells in gentle pulses of softly stated melody, and emotion clings to each note while glistening shimmers of electronics dance quietly in the mix.
The DVD reminds us of what a rich visual experience Abeceda was, and still is. As The Wire so perfectly put it, David Tibet's performance "provides a vital link between the music and the visuals." Thanks to Larsen's definitive discipline and kindred visual & musical collaborators, Abeceda is an event of great subtlety and complexity. It is truly a gift that this performance was so perfectly documented in both an audio and visual format. Where the work of Karel Teige was a tremendous gift for the eyes, Larsen & Friend's Abeceda is a gift for both the eyes and the ears.
"While Larsen themselves sit impassively as their compositions unfurl it's clear that their onstage collaborators are strongly affected by the richly emotional music emerging, with their own contributions seeming to articulate its latent drama and passion. A fascinating and frequently beautiful event."-The Wire.
www.larsen.to.it

www.importantrecords.com

'All Shall Be Well' by Tod Wodicka: a remarkable novel I recommend absolutely

'All Shall Be Well, and All Shall Be Well and All Manner of Things Shall Be Well' by Tod Wodicka.

I was recently sent this novel, and I loved it so much that I wanted to recommend it to everyone.

It is difficult to summarise, as it takes in so many areas--including St. Hildegard of Bingen. But it is funny, tragic, profound and beautiful. People familiar with C93's 'Thunder Perfect Mind' will perhaps recognise the title of the book, which comes from the mediæval mystical Christian treatise by St. Julian of Norwich, 'Revelations of Divine Love'. I have read this book twice in two weeks--please obtain it!

It is out now in paperback in the UK published by Jonathan Cape, as well as in the Netherlands, translated into Dutch, published by Nieuw Amsterdam. It will be published in hardcover in the USA on January 29th, 2008 in the US by Pantheon Books.

Tod Wodicka's MySpace, in the persona of his creation Burt Heckler, the fictional narrator of the novel, is at: www.myspace.com/burthecker

Some other forms of happiness recently

Thank you to, alphabetically, MARC ALMOND, PETER ATANASOFF, OM, RICKIE LEE JONES and SUNN O))), all of whose beautiful concerts I recently attended in London. I also greatly enjoyed the autobiography of an ex-member of Korn, "Save Me From Myself" by Brian "Head" Korn.

I find myself meeting more people from my past as I get older. Someone I re-encountered recently, thanks to David Cotner, was one of the first friends I made in London, Scarlett Cannon, who was married to Ross Cannon.

Scarlett worked in fashion, but was primarily renowned for running nightclubs and being a London icon. Her face was often on the front of ID magazine, and she appeared in many Culture Club videos, as well as working with Andrew Logan on the Alternative Miss World show.

Ross worked at Produktion Hair in London, with Paul Hurst and Christine Glover. Their salon, which had been named by Scarlett, was a remarkable avant-garde hairdressers in London's Kensington Market, where one could buy Whitehouse records. I credited Produktion with being responsible for the haircuts for C93 on NATURE UNVEILED, though of course there were neither photos of the group nor their hair visible on the album sleeve.

I moved in with Scarlett and Ross to their squat in Earl's Court, where the previous tenant had committed suicide by burning herself alive, after scrawling "DED WOMAN DED WOMAN DED WOMAN DED" on the walls in lipstick. My mattress was over the hole the unfortunate woman had created with the flames of her self-immolation. The flat was haunted.

Forwarding 23 years to last week, I again met Scarlett, as beautiful and fascinating as ever. She is now a highly qualified and highly experienced Reiki practitioner.

We spoke for a long time about what we had done and where we had been and what we had become. She is a remarkable woman, and a profound soul. So I write of her to whoever reads this, and talk to myself of how shared pasts are always shared futures. Her MySpace is www.myspace.com/houseofheavenlyhealing.

Thank you and peace to all,

David +++

durtro.com
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 11:32 AM   #58
sarramkrop

30 July 2007

Dear all:

Herewith a brief update concerning NURSE WITH WOUND.

Nurse With Wound official website/The art of Steven Stapleton

Steven Stapleton and NWW now have an official website at www.babssantini.com. The first in a series of limited edition prints featuring the artwork of Steven Stapleton is now available. This series includes mostly new and unseen works. The reproductions are of the highest quality using archival inks on imported cotton stock. Prints may be purchased individually or as a set. Please see the new website for all things Babs Santini.

Steven Stapleton official MySpace site

Steven Stapleton and NWW now have an official MySpace page at www.myspace.com/babssantini

And a reminder of Brainwashed's wonderful NWW site at http://brainwashed.com/nww

Love to all from David Tibet +++
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 12:01 PM   #59
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the link.
Some of his prints is quite interesting, but Livin' Fear of James Last [Product Placement #1] is totally crap.
I don't understand how someone who's made some really amazing work, can be so unoriginal to use the photoshop plastic wrap effect.
Didn't expect that from him. A very disappointing piece.
Old 10.05.2007, 03:43 AM   #60
sarramkrop

Dear all:
a very brief update with a longer update to follow in the next few days.

Nurse With Wound live shows in Berlin and Venice in November 2007
Nurse With Wound, as Steven Stapleton, Colin Potter, Andrew Liles, Matt Waldron, Hazel Two-Twigs and David Tibet, are playing the following shows with the wonderful Blind Cave Salamander as NWW's special guests.

21/11/2007 @ Volksbühne, Berlin, Germany www.volksbuehne-berlin.de

24/11/2007 @ Teatro Fondamenta Nuove, Venezia/Venice, Italywww.teatrofondamentanuove.it
25/11/2007 @ Teatro Fondamenta Nuove, Venezia/Venice, Italy www.teatrofondamentanuove.it

NWW thanks all those involved in, and attending, the Moscow show
Many thanks from all of us for the wonderful audience at the Moscow show on September 30, and to all the lovely people we met there. There are so many names to remember, most of which I have probably forgotten, but especial blessings and thanks to: Grigory Goldenzwag, Inna Makarenko, Igor Tonikh, Alexey Aliaev, Father Kosma, Nicodeme, Geraldine Fagan, Andrei Bakhmin, Elena Zichon, their lovely friend who was with them and us wearing a white linen cap and whose name was suddenly blocked mentally in me and whose name I requested from Andrei but who did not reply in time mea culpa), Zufia and Fabrizio Palumbo. So many faces and so many memories and such kindness. THANK YOU!!!

UK postal strike
The UK Royal Mail is striking for 6 days from this Thursday 4 October. We will still be sending out orders but please be aware that this strike naturally implies a backlog—and hence slower delivery—of orders.
Love to all, you and yours and all that is around you,
David Tibet+++
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth