Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Godspeed You! Black Emperor curate ATP 2010
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.30.2010, 02:18 AM   #141
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Bollocks!
Country Teasers are clashing with Cluster as well... hadn't noticed that before.
I'm not going but am seeing a number of bands on the line up that are playing in town. Since Country Teasers have not planned any gigs nearer proper civilisation that I know of, I'm hoping they refuse to leave their chalets for the entire duration of the festival so nobody gets to see them.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 05:03 AM   #142
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
You think London is proper civilisation? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 05:41 AM   #143
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
sunday night after deerhoof: the awesome tapes.

cannot be better than jim sclavunos' closing set last year.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 07:55 AM   #144
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Pretty solid non-clashy schedule yeah. Only annoyance is that if I don't want to see Godspeed at 3 in the afternoon, which would seem a bit weird, I have miss either Phillip Jeck or Borbetomagus... Tough call.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 08:25 AM   #145
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Oh wait, even on the sunday they clash with Charlemagne Palestine! Fuck!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 08:50 AM   #146
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'm repeating myself, but this is one hell of an amazing line-up. Less time for drinking, more time for watching gigs = the healthy solution.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 08:59 AM   #147
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Oh wait, even on the sunday they clash with Charlemagne Palestine! Fuck!

Borbetomagus + nomeansno I really want to see
same for white magic + philip jeck

so probably charlemagne palestine is the one i will miss, sadly...
Old 11.30.2010, 09:02 AM   #148
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Palestine is a not-to-be-missed for me, and it'll be the 3rd time I've seen him. It's possible I might not even bother with Godspeed.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 11.30.2010, 09:28 AM   #149
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I'm repeating myself, but this is one hell of an amazing line-up. Less time for drinking, more time for watching gigs = the healthy solution.

Yes.

plus it's give up smoking weather being this cold

i might try to get to Bristol for Thursday night now if this snow keeps up. there's about 6" in my garden now.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 09:36 AM   #150
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
me neither.
i listened some today after many years..again i dont think i m a fan.
i ll choose friday for them - i will check them out live, even just a part.

there are bands that i care and a lot!, bands/musicians that i dont care at all.. and today i was going through the bands/musicians i dont know much about. im very glad, i found out about 3 so far, that i think i m going to enjoy a lot: hangedup, nomeansno and john butcher.

Excellent. Well, you and I can smugly watch better things then. I'm a bit worried about Butcher - I'm sure he'll be great but I hope he has a quiet crowd.

Quote:
Old 11.30.2010, 09:45 AM   #151
EvdWee
100%

we are coming from the netherlands by car. how are the main roads from dover -> bristol?
Old 11.30.2010, 09:51 AM   #152
Glice
invito al cielo

Icy. Are you going M20>M25>M4? Make sure you allow for stoppages on the M25. You're going in the 'off' direction, but it's still a fucker.

Quote:
Old 11.30.2010, 10:00 AM   #153
EvdWee
100%

this is the third time we are doing this trip and we are driving through the night (departure at 4-5 am from dover), so last time we went smoothly past London.

our main concern is the icyness of the roads. will it still be possible to drive 112 km per hour?
Old 11.30.2010, 10:05 AM   #154
Glice
invito al cielo

Uh... I don't drive, but I wouldn't recommend it.The roads will be clear during the day but the motorways probably won't be gritted at that time of the morning. It's probably worth adding 30 minutes or more to your journey rather than risk finding some ice in the middle of the night driving fast when you're tired.

Quote:
Old 11.30.2010, 10:43 AM   #155
EvdWee
100%

last year we arrived at 11am, so we have a large buffer (and 4 drivers).

the weather forecast says it will be -4 oC min. without snow, so we should be fine i guess...
Old 11.30.2010, 12:55 PM   #156
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
The sky may be fine, but apparently the M25 is littered with jacknifed lorries.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 01:32 PM   #157
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
is it too cold in the UK these days? i've seen some British peasants complaining about the snow on our local TV news channel so I guess I have to take weather into consideration

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.30.2010, 01:45 PM   #158
Glice
invito al cielo

The South West is no-where near as bad, snow-wise, as other parts of the country. I'd recommend a beer-blanket, sturdy footwear and a proper man's attitude, and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Old 11.30.2010, 01:55 PM   #159
_slavo_
invito al cielo

i'm remembering last year, with sun, walking outside without a jacket and all that.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.30.2010, 02:01 PM   #160
Glice
invito al cielo

Revolutionary zeal, and whisky.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth