Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I realized that Kim...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.25.2013, 03:44 PM   #41
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

also, I Love You Golden Blue makes me cry, especially listening to it late at night driving around
QFT

Truth. I get a bit emotional every time I hear Kim sing these lyrics.

I don't glitter like the stars above
I don't glow, like neon alone.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2013, 03:51 PM   #42
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The only 2 albums I don't like are Rather Ripped and Sonic Nurse. The Eternal should have been their next record after Murray Street and then Kim and the rest of the band should have kicked Thurston out of the band and decided to call themselves Body/Head. After that Thurston, if he was the gentleman he says he is, should have joined the Vivian Girls and produced another return to form by Bob Dylan or Patti Smith.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2013, 05:29 PM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
oh wow, imagine hearing NYCGAF for the first time!
it still fucks me up now how good it is!

It did. fucked me up like it does any morning I put that on when I'm trodding on the light-rail before dawn getting off to work..

"on a free lane.." while I stare out the window half-awake watching people suffer through insufferable traffic day after day..

that is a moving album.

My top current five?

1) Sonic Nurse
2) A Thousand Leaves
3) NYC Ghosts and Flowers
4) Day Dream Nation
5) Rather Ripped

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2013, 11:53 PM   #44
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
It's the self-confidence that makes women look beautiful! No matter how beautiful body or face (in conservative way) you have if you're ashamed of yourself. Kim Gordon is self-confident woman and looks beautiful although she's already 60 years old and looks of her age.
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2013, 12:38 AM   #45
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasx
It's the self-confidence that makes women look beautiful! No matter how beautiful body or face (in conservative way) you have if you're ashamed of yourself. Kim Gordon is self-confident woman and looks beautiful although she's already 60 years old and looks of her age.

Hold the fuck up. I never meant to suggest that she was ugly or lacked beauty, just that she definitely to me shows her age

Old 06.26.2013, 03:55 AM   #46
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hold the fuck up. I never meant to suggest that she was ugly or lacked beauty, just that she definitely to me shows her age

And that's exactly what I meant too.
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2013, 04:21 AM   #47
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Lol
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2013, 05:57 PM   #48
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
QFT

Truth. I get a bit emotional every time I hear Kim sing these lyrics.

I don't glitter like the stars above
I don't glow, like neon alone.

I do too, but its only because one way or another in 2004 we all thought this song was about Kurt Cobain, and we as much as they truly miss him.

Old 06.27.2013, 07:57 AM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
she stayed young lookin for so long because of the music. the music, man!!!

the innocents of good music...the vibrations and chill bumps rejuvinates and revitalises your skin.

see, this is why Alanis Morissette looks like dogsheeit.

Alanis looks that way because of so many slime dumps on her head.

Old 06.29.2013, 10:27 AM   #50
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I think all Sonic Youth songs are about Kurt Cobain, I think they said that in an interview.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2013, 01:09 PM   #51
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
No, that one's about Kurt Cobain too, look:

If I could give you anything
I would give you a kick
You'd rather have a dollar
Than a hug from your sis -self explanatory, Kurt Cobain wanted to be a successful rockstar so bad he sacrificed his relationship with his family, even his sister (his favourite relative)

You really fucked up this time
Your old lady's really pissed
She's not just laughing
She's polishing her fist -Kurt Cobain did something and it pissed off Courtney Love and she hit him (she's famous for having a bad temper and hitting people)

If you could give me anything
Would you consider a fist?
Don't give me yr soul
It's caught is an abyss -Kurt Cobain is dead and his soul is trapped in the abyss, because of this he hasn't been able to give anyone anything but he's had plenty of time to think about it now (9 years)

Here's a pack of ciggies
Fresh from the wonder lips
A dream, a wish, a heart's desires
Cinderella is a kiss -Kim Gordon is giving a pack of cigarettes to Kurt Cobain because he smoked, and it's better than giving him heroin (even though it was his favourite thing)

A cold is gonna take you
And freeze away your tears
Come a little closer honey
You can be so near -Kurt Cobain suffered from depression so he cried a lot, but the cold of the abyss froze his tears, Kim Gordon is saying if he came back she'd be nice to him and cheer him up by melting his frozen tears with the warmth of her body

Mind your heart aside you (?)
Really got no sense of time (?)
Ninety-nine inside you (?)
That I'm scared if you were cryin' -Don't know what this means, probably private stuff (private between friends, Kurt Cobain and Kim Gordon were friends before he killed himself)

If I could give you anything
I would give you a kick
You'd rather have a dollar
Than a hug from your sis -Kurt Cobain's family are pissed off at him for prioritising his career over seeing his family, which is kind of what made him kill himself, they want to give him a bloody good kick up the arse!

A cold is gonna take you
And freeze away your tears
Come a little closer honey
We can be so near - People always thought Kurt Cobain had a cold because he always had a runny nose, but it was really due to the side effects of heroin, Kim Gordon is offering to put some honey in his tea as this is good if you've got the sniffles
Old 07.03.2013, 07:39 AM   #52
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
you know Corporate Ghost is all about Kurt right?
cause he was a corporate ghost
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2013, 08:02 AM   #53
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Really? we still talking about Kurt Cobain? ...its 2013 already.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2013, 08:14 AM   #54
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
If SY's songs were about Kurt then you have ruined my favorite band.
Old 07.03.2013, 08:15 AM   #55
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
we already had a long series of threads about this where we went through the lyrics of every single sy song and explained how the lyrics referred to otis cobraime.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2013, 11:47 AM   #56
Pinkunicornnx
little trouble girl

Pinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
If SY's songs were about Kurt then you have ruined my favorite band.
Yep sames:/
Pinkunicornnx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2013, 11:48 AM   #57
Pinkunicornnx
little trouble girl

Pinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's assesPinkunicornnx kicks all y'all's asses
I think that 'Junkie's Promise' is the only song about Kurt.
Pinkunicornnx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2013, 12:09 PM   #58
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkunicornnx
I think that 'Junkie's Promise' is the only song about Kurt.

To quote Goodbye 20th Century:

"Although Moore denies Cobain is the subject of 'Junkie's Promise,' their late friend's spirit nonetheless hung over the song (particularly the chorus line, 'I heard you say, 'You know I hate myself,' which seemed to reference Cobain's 'I Hate Myself and I want to Die')."
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2013, 01:03 PM   #59
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I think SY has known a lot more junkies than just Kurt.
Old 07.03.2013, 03:16 PM   #60
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

A little known fact is that Junkie's Promise is the only SY song that isn't about Kurt Cobain, it's actually about Kim Gordon coming off heroin when she discovered she was pregnant. Have you ever noticed how from Washing Machine onwards Kim's vocals sometimes sound a little strained? That's because she didn't have any heroin to relax her during the stressful recording process.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth