Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Schooner Band From North Carolina: Montreal Pop On Parents' Dime.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.25.2006, 01:52 PM   #1
swenson clane
bad moon rising

swenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to behold
swenson clane is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2006, 08:47 AM   #2
Approaching

did you just post this because of the irrelevant tiny reference to sonic youth? this article is crap - unfocused and badly written.

i'm friends with this band, and i don't think they were out to exploit the montreal scene or whatever this writer's trying to get at. they were booked onto a festival or something? and for what it's worth, they're not rich kids.

though if you went to the show and have an opinion on the music or the band, you're certainly entitled to it. but what's the point of posting about that here?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2006, 12:04 AM   #3
swenson clane
bad moon rising

swenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to beholdswenson clane is a splendid one to behold
Old 11.02.2006, 09:08 AM   #4
swenson clane
bad moon rising

Old 11.30.2006, 08:06 PM   #5
reidjohnson
empty page

reidjohnson has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by swenson clane
...still here. still waiting.

wow, you guys really have it out for schooner, yes? schooner a rich kids band? well, i guess a couple of us are recently above the poverty level. if you say it enough times, though, it's got to be true. you really take a page out of the old fox news playbook. thanks for the unbiased, genuine artistic critique, with no sense of ego or spin; oh, wait...
you guys suck, and i wish you'd get that therapist, boyfriend or girlfriend you've talked about for so long so you can talk through some of these issues and not take it out on each entity that threatens your precious little bubble. until then for god's sake try to do something constructive with yourself. i'm worried about you kids and all your pent up anger. it's not your fault.

Reid-Schooner
reidjohnson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2006, 08:11 PM   #6
reidjohnson
empty page

*(this article written by Stanley Birge of The Montreal Mirror)

*I enjoyed reading this article because I recently saw this band (who just so happen to have the same name as my band, bitterness duly considered...) at a bar a few streets down from my place. Now that I have "experienced them," I may state quite honestly that everything written is very true.[/quote]

wow, you guys really have it out for schooner, yes? schooner a rich kids band? well, i guess a couple of us are recently above the poverty level. if you say it enough times, though, it's got to be true. you really take a page out of the old fox news playbook. thanks for the unbiased, genuine artistic critique, with no sense of ego or spin; oh, wait...
you guys suck, and i wish you'd get that therapist, boyfriend or girlfriend you've talked about for so long so you can talk through some of these issues and not take it out on each entity that threatens your precious little bubble. until then for god's sake try to do something constructive with yourself. i'm worried about you kids and all your pent up anger. it's not your fault.

Reid-Schooner
Old 02.28.2008, 04:17 PM   #7
reidjohnson
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by swenson clane
...still here. still waiting.

Still waiting, Swenson. I figured as such. Feel free to contact me and talk out your issues next time. I know you've needed a little space to figure out some of the more complex or unfair things in life, and that's cool. Just let's not do this type of stuff to other folks, okay buddy?

Sweet dreams.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth