Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.04.2019, 02:30 PM   #42261
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Feel like I'm going to have to give up chocolate. The amount I'm eating in a week is just daft now. Thing is, I almost feel like an alcoholic in that I don't think I'd have the ability to say "oh, I'll just limit myself to one small bar a day". Plus I'm certain itst the main reason for my podge that I've got coming. Having a podge whilst rock climbing isn't conducive to good climbing. At all.

I think the big thing psychologically is to not look at it as "I'm refusing to eat this" and rather say "I don't need this today".

Now my problem is now finding a replacement for chocolate. Nuts? Bit bland. Fruit? Surely the best option, right?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2019, 02:41 PM   #42262
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Feel like I'm going to have to give up chocolate. The amount I'm eating in a week is just daft now. Thing is, I almost feel like an alcoholic in that I don't think I'd have the ability to say "oh, I'll just limit myself to one small bar a day". Plus I'm certain itst the main reason for my podge that I've got coming. Having a podge whilst rock climbing isn't conducive to good climbing. At all.

I think the big thing psychologically is to not look at it as "I'm refusing to eat this" and rather say "I don't need this today".

Now my problem is now finding a replacement for chocolate. Nuts? Bit bland. Fruit? Surely the best option, right?
joo sirius? no chocolate?

let me aX: what do you get from it? is it the sugar? is it the stimulant/antidepressant drug part of it? is it for hunger or pleasure?

there are ways to get chocolate drug without the sugar. e.g. “cacao nibs.” they taste a little sour and smell like olives actually but they’re alright if you can handle, like smoking filterless cigarettes (gitanes, i miss you so...)

there’s also chocolate sweetened with sugar alcohols (erythritol, xlytol, maltitol, etc) which helps some but can give you the farts/the shits. there’s also stevia which does not meld weld with every flavor.

personally i make a chia pudding with ground cacao (wtf is the difference with cocoa) that can be sweetened with stevia with little harm. the chia + whey provides protein + good fats and the cacao is for drug value. can also be made with erythritol.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2019, 04:55 AM   #42263
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly now it's just an addiction. I'm just eating it for the sake of eating it. Yesterday I had one of those big bags of revels, the at lunch I had to chocolate bars, then I got home and had a coupla slices of rocky road. Gotta cut that shit out.

Old 12.05.2019, 06:10 AM   #42264
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Stop smoking weed, it will stop the cravings for munchies

edit:
and now the more serious answer: there's supposed to be more "healthy" chocolate, e.g. https://lovechock.com/
I've no idea what this is, only did a quick google for alternatives. They claim they make "Chocolate that honours your body." But that could also be total bullocks

There's also carob, which is an alternative for if you're allergic to cacao

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2019, 06:43 AM   #42265
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Haha! I actually only smoke it when with friends which might be a couple of times a week. This is just eating for the sake of eating. I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate. However, it could sate the craving for white chocolate.

Old 12.05.2019, 07:50 AM   #42266
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
sssso you’re addicted to sugar really

fruit won’t cure that
Old 12.05.2019, 07:56 AM   #42267
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

I mean, eating that has gotta be better that scoffing chocolate under the duvet on me tod like a mad man.

Old 12.05.2019, 08:10 AM   #42268
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

haaahaahaaa!

that was very funny. must spread more nutella before etc

anyway i wish i could help but i only got madness to offer

i’ll only say watch the total/added sugar in your food though. like, read labels, especially with an eye for carbohydrates/total sugars/ added sugars. see what daily totals you scarf down.
Old 12.05.2019, 09:56 AM   #42269
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Yeah, it's definitely sugar I'm addicted too. Can't start looking at a 6 pack of doughnuts and saying "yes, this is an absolutely fine replacement to a four pack of wispas". Damn this sugar shit is gonna be a tough nut to crack.

Kevin Smith said that coming off sugar is harder than heroin. Ignoring that he's probably not done heroin he has a point.

Old 12.05.2019, 10:10 AM   #42270
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ok i will post this one and only once, because it will seem super kooky, but no, it’s a thing, i’ve done it, i will do it again whenever i need, and it works

best entry point to go down that rabbit hole likely here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

oh, and you might wanna watch this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3892434/

sincere good wishes
Old 12.05.2019, 11:05 AM   #42271
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

I appreciate that but I ain't a chonker. 5'10 and 11½ stone is fine. It's just a paunch on the belly that needs sorting out! Climbing and work keep me generally fit. Thanks though!

Old 12.05.2019, 11:38 AM   #42272
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hahahaha! great word, that one, "chonker". and i didn't mean you were one, that was just meant as a "sugar rehab method" sort of thing. alright.

ps- also you brought up kevin "chonker" smith lmao
Old 12.05.2019, 01:44 PM   #42273
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesbf
This didn't used to be a problem, but the other day i tried to have a go at a white chocolate toblerone and i found it so sweet i couldn't do it.

The chocolate cereal I used to eat by the bucket load as a kid, same thing...

I think I've grown bitter.
that’s just how to be in old age.

punt e mes or gtfo

-

actually im not crazy about punt e mes lol

but cynar— mmm-mmm-mmm!
Old 12.05.2019, 02:37 PM   #42274
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah same...a lot of candy now is too sweet. Shiteven the edibles I’ve been buying are too sweet. they’re made from rice krispy or fruit loops, with that marshmallow glue stuff. TOO DAMN SWEET.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2019, 07:53 PM   #42275
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
This is the austrian president holding up a polar bear plushie. No particular reason for posting this. It's just weirdly adorable taken out of context.

And now for the context, if anyone wants to know: He used the plushie as a visual device to talk about the plight of many species due to the drastic climate change. I look at pictures like that and it's a stark contrast to the re-elected Conservative Party chancellor (the president being a former member of the Green Party, now a left-leaning independent that however does what the austrian president is expected to do - representation, being calm and collected, generally not interfere too much) who's just a neoliberal on steroids who had many disgusting flirtations with the far right. At least those far right fuckers have lost a good amount of votes during the last election, creating the possibility that the government will enter into a coalition with a party that's more, well, sane. So, there's that. No doubt that whoever will take the mantle will also certainly take the fall once another scandal surrounds that wannabe-Gordon Gekko though.

Now, with all that heavy context it's still an oddly adorable image.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2019, 08:40 PM   #42276
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

A much healthier political prop than our Prime Minister
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2019, 09:14 PM   #42277
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

A much healthier political prop than our Prime Minister

Yikes!

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2019, 09:19 PM   #42278
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Yikes!
This was in February 2017, back when he was treasurer. In the middle of debates about renewable power, and blackouts in South Australia (the state with the highest portion of renewable power supply), this chud pulls out coal and says "Hey, look - nothing to be scared of! C'mon, touch it!" or words to that effect.

Ignoring that our shitty old coal-powered stations are much more likely to collapse under high-workload than the renewable ones. And that we're edging towards, or are past, majority renewable power in several states.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2019, 09:27 PM   #42279
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wow, what a fucking moron. yikes indeed.
Old 12.10.2019, 01:39 PM   #42280
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Roxette SUCKED
1614201420642104211121122113 2114 2115211621172124 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth