Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page first Daydream show tonight
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2007, 06:58 AM   #81
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I'm just worried about the lack of geographical knowledge of today's youth.... and their tendency to ask silly questions of which they could easily find the answers themselves if they looked for a second or two.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 09:06 AM   #82
satirejohn
bad moon rising

satirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's asses
did they do any big noise jams at all?
satirejohn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 12:05 PM   #83
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by satirejohn
did they do any big noise jams at all?

not really: the end of teenage riot, the interlude part on silver rocket or total trash, and providence were noisy (great moments, believe me), but no big noise jams.

wow, [again] what a creazy and great show, my friends!!!!!!
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 12:47 PM   #84
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Has any Trilogy video surfaced yet?
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 01:34 PM   #85
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I just got back home today and that was one of the best experiences of my life. I was trying to pick out a favorite song from the set but it's too hard. They were a little rusty on the Sprawl and a few parts in various songs but it was still one of the highlights, absolutley amazing. Lee said it was the first time they'd played it in 18 years. Cross the Breeze, Rain King, Hey Joni, Eric's Trip... fuck it they were all amazing. I was on such a high I actually enjoyed the rather ripped stuff at the end, the last song of the encore was great.

Cannot wait to see it again in London when they're abit more tight. I'm also going to say Houdini by the melvins was equally as good, those 2 preformances alone make Primavera the best festival ever. Slint were abit of a let down though, they played a new song which was shit.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 01:48 PM   #86
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
nice youtube vids. there
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 02:58 PM   #87
Billy Shears
empty page

Billy Shears has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Was fucking awesome, easily one of the best things I've ever seen, and I got a setlist after.
Billy Shears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 05:39 PM   #88
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I dont wanna look at any of those videos before i see them in September, though i do hope theres some more variation from just Rather Ripped material in the encore.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 11:17 PM   #89
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Shears
Was fucking awesome, easily one of the best things I've ever seen, and I got a setlist after.

any chance you'd be able to scan in the setlist?
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 05:23 AM   #90
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
}}}creams pants{{{
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 07:21 AM   #91
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
silver rocket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNIWblpmWa8
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 07:52 AM   #92
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
i couldnt attend the show. damn expensive. fuck it.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 01:33 PM   #93
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lung
They were a little rusty on the Sprawl

That was done on purpose, since one of the lyrics is "Steel and rusty now I guess" It's important for the music to sound like the lyrics.
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 02:03 PM   #94
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
That was done on purpose, since one of the lyrics is "Steel and rusty now I guess" It's important for the music to sound like the lyrics.

hahaha, i'd rep that, but apparently I give you too much reputation or something. I didn't even know that.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 03:47 PM   #95
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
If ever a live concert deserved a DVD release, this is it. Either the New York performance, or the Greek Theatre performance would be so great, to see a professionally filmed performance to have for life. Hope SY have thought the same way. Since they haven't ever put out a live DVD, what better reason to have the "DayDream Nation Live" DVD be thier first.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 04:27 PM   #96
anojayea
empty page

anojayea is a splendid one to beholdanojayea is a splendid one to beholdanojayea is a splendid one to beholdanojayea is a splendid one to beholdanojayea is a splendid one to beholdanojayea is a splendid one to beholdanojayea is a splendid one to behold
There's a cool story up on Wired.com about the Barcelona show:
blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/06/sonic_youth_sti.html#more
anojayea is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 06:52 PM   #97
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
not surprised to hear 'rain king' was rough, y'all should be thankful they even figured out how to play it.

i'm gonna skip the vids, too. i can wait another month + a half to hear it myself...

weird encore, i fully agree. i see what they're trying to do, but it's still kinda weird.

i'd say, the question now becomes: which, if any, "new" daydream songs will make the 'non-daydream' sets this summer?
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 06:57 PM   #98
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I am curious as to what gear the band are using for this DDN tour. What guitars have they detuned and retuned? What pedals did they leave at home? Et cetera. I'm trying to work something out with Steve so I can investigate all this pre-show in London. It's hard to judge from the pictures what songs the band was playing..
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 07:11 PM   #99
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
You're aware of http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/eq/ ?

I may be able to take more pix in July, we'll see. This much I know, at least from rehearsals...

LEE = green jazzblaster for RIOT, SPRAWL, TRASH, TRILOGY .// FERNANDES for ROCKET / CANDLE .... sunburst mustang for 'BREEZE' (!) ... 'TELE 1' for ERICJONIRAINKISS....

T = TELE For 'RIOT'/'JONI' RAIN .. RED JAZZ for ROCKET, CANDLE, KISS .. BLUE JAZZ for SPRAWL/BREEZE . DRIFTAH for ERIC. .. BLUE jazz for TOTAL/TRILOGY ...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 07:14 PM   #100
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
LEE = green jazzblaster for RIOT, SPRAWL, TRASH, TRILOGY .// FERNANDES for ROCKET / CANDLE .... sunburst mustang for 'BREEZE' (!) ... 'TELE 1' for ERICJONIRAINKISS....

T = TELE For 'RIOT'/'JONI' RAIN .. RED JAZZ for ROCKET, CANDLE, KISS .. BLUE JAZZ for SPRAWL/BREEZE . DRIFTAH for ERIC. .. BLUE jazz for TOTAL/TRILOGY ...

Thanks. Not too many gtrs between them..
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth