View Poll Results: what's the bset, what's your favorite
Murray Street 51 35.66%
Sonic Nurse 69 48.25%
Rather Ripped 23 16.08%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.02.2007, 01:10 AM   #101
weltact
empty page

weltact is a splendid one to beholdweltact is a splendid one to beholdweltact is a splendid one to beholdweltact is a splendid one to beholdweltact is a splendid one to beholdweltact is a splendid one to beholdweltact is a splendid one to behold
sonic nurse definitely. not only the best of these, but the best sonic youth album ever. rather ripped 2nd, nice but they can do that kind of album in their sleep. murray street 3rd, something wrong with the vocals there, making songs not really memorable.
weltact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2007, 01:54 AM   #102
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
the lyrics on the chorus for pattern recognition bother me too much. i fell like im listening to you got the touch. i still really love this song a lot though.
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 09:05 AM   #103
snare_boy
little trouble girl

snare_boy ain't too shabby
Shma israel, my rating of the albums are the exact opposite of the total votes!
snare_boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2007, 08:05 PM   #104
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I was looking for this thread becuz its a great topic an di didnt get to respond when it was initially around.

I vote
1. Sonic Nurse
2.Murray Street
3.Rather Ripped

Sonic Nurse is really the best record theyve done since washing machine, great songwriting with some great noise injected into the songs. Murray Street is goodbut can be a tad too mellow at times. Rather Ripped I felt was only half a good record.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2007, 06:09 PM   #105
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
RR
SN
MS

Sorry RR has alot more fonder memories plus my ex who wast into SY had to pick up the album because of me!!!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2007, 07:15 PM   #106
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
1-nurse
2-murray st.
3-rather ripped
Old 07.19.2007, 07:37 PM   #107
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Murray Street, hands down.
Old 07.19.2007, 09:56 PM   #108
Mildred Pierce
little trouble girl

Mildred Pierce ain't too shabby
Diffecult man,
It suprises me that many people rank murray street as third, to me the first two song empty page and disconection notice in particular are my favorite songs but to be honest I like them all the same, maybe Sonic Nurse indeed if I had to choose one but... I just cannot choose

http://www.myspace.com/judyandthecrackheads
Mildred Pierce is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 07:11 PM   #109
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I dont think any of those albums suck cock or whatever the put-downs are for RR or even Murray Street?! Sonic Nurse is barely the winner, but it is the best in my opinion. From the Richard Prince artwork to the ending Peace Attack, brilliance. Aesthetic, sounds and all, it's a real killer on the art block. The only reason I think RR is slightly lacking (nothing to ruin it for me) is the obvious absense of mr. o'rourke. Less noisy but more killer tracks. final notes: Murray Street is one motherfucking memorable record!

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 07:13 PM   #110
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
...NYC GHOSTS AND FLOWERS is my real favorite, though.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2007, 09:32 PM   #111
syntax-free
bad moon rising

syntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
It's nice to see something other than negativity towards RR. I like it. Not one of my favourites, of course, but it's a good album. Rep, syntax.

yeah it's not the best obviously... most people resent 'new' stuff but they have gotten older and a bit more mellow.. and they are known to change their style alot so... yea.
syntax-free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2007, 11:47 PM   #112
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Rather Ripped is a rock 'n' roll album--like Dirty. It succeeds at being what it was meant to be: catchy and tuneful rock 'n' roll, and contains all very memorable numbers. Don't say you like The Stooges, MC5, original Alice Cooper, etc. if you don't like Rather Ripped--especially "Sleepin' Around", which reeks of "No Fun".

Having said that, Murray St. and Sonic Nurse certainly have their moments as well, but in a very different manner. Comparing Rather Ripped to these two records is like comparing Dirty or Goo to Sister and Daydream Nation--not exactly apples and oranges, but at least apples and pears, or oranges and tangerines.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth