Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Android Must Haves?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.18.2010, 10:02 AM   #1
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
So, just got an Android phone. Anybody got any must have apps?

And is it just me or did Steve Jobs pervert the meaning of 'app'? Used to be, an 'app' did something. Now it seems that a lot of 'app's are really 'content' and don't, of themselves, do anything. True or False?
Old 09.18.2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
My friend has one, they're pretty nice.

The coolest application he has that I can think of is this one where he can scan the barcode of any product (just take a picture of it) and it searches the 'net for a torrent of said product, then he can have his PC start downloading the torrent immediately, so that it's fully downloaded when he gets home.

I always thought that was pretty neat, not sure what it's called though.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 10:58 AM   #3
Adolfo
children of satan

Adolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

The coolest application he has that I can think of is this one where he can scan the barcode of any product (just take a picture of it) and it searches the 'net for a torrent of said product, then he can have his PC start downloading the torrent immediately, so that it's fully downloaded when he gets home.

It's called Torrent Droid. http://torrentfreak.com/torrent-droi...rrents-090311/
Adolfo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 11:59 AM   #4
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

that sounds like an awesome app.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth