Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.27.2015, 03:43 PM   #261
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
hassan whiteside, yo. heat are looking to trade norris cole, and i love the dude but i can see it. gets whiteside more minutes.
Old 01.27.2015, 05:38 PM   #262
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
For the entire Lebron Miami run of greatness everybody and they mama said, "heat need a dominate center to protect the rim." While on surface this looked legit, and in playoff games against bigger teams it passed the eye test. But stats showed small ball was better for that version of Heatles.. lebron and wade averaged almost a block a game between them and bosh was best pick and roll defender in NBA. Further, Lebron and wade both were in top five in points in the paint. Why? Because there was no lumbering and slow big center clogging up the paint in their offense. Their motion offense was too fast and precise for a big center, it simply wouldn't have worked. However Whiteside is different. This kid is HUGE presence protecting the rim, yet is as fast and quick as smaller PFs like what Bosh was asked to do.. sp he is a unique fit in a Spoelstra offensive system, he is big but fast. And the Heat play fast defense relying on traps and quick rotations. Most big centers aren't quick enough. Roy Hibbert is considered the best rim protector in the NBA yet the guy is so slow and off balance that he destroys his own team's offense.. i mean have you seen how long it takes for the guy to get up after falling? Whiteside on other hand is fast and agile.. liking this addition to heat.too bad the guard rotation is absolute trash. With Lebron that team was able to have a aubpar offensive output from Chalmers/Cole as long as like Lakers used D-Fish, they played elite defense. Now? Points are a rare commodity for 2014 Heat and they need real guards who can score

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2015, 09:29 AM   #263
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Harden game is ugly, like at least half his free throws are cheap shots drawing contact. Take away the refs for a nite guy would look like DJ Augustin yo

Old 01.29.2015, 10:26 AM   #264
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Oh, I've seen enough Hardens boring ten free throw attempts a game. Just because a player graduated from the Kobe School of Cheap Freethrows doesn't make it exciting to watch

Old 01.29.2015, 11:22 AM   #265
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
wins is wins
Old 01.29.2015, 11:23 AM   #266
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
blame Jordan for that mess.
Old 01.29.2015, 11:28 AM   #267
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Wins are wins but if its going to be a bunch of boring freethrows and legitimately questionable calls ill be skipping that game. Kobe was boring. And believe me, before harden became kobe 2.0 i really enjoyed his game.he can handle the ball as goodas anyone, his 3 is destructive, and his pick and roll superb..how ever that is precisely what makes his reliance on cheap freethrows so damned beneath him!

Old 01.29.2015, 11:33 AM   #268
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

blame Morley and coach McHale. They set the offense plans. They have been working to create a team that relies only on 3 point shots and cheap free throws.

NBA basketball, LeBronBron and all, is going the way of the NHL. It is diluted by too many teams, with at least a dozen each season being interminably awful, and the same 6-8 squads in contention every year. It is a boring spectacle.
Old 01.29.2015, 12:06 PM   #269
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

NFL football is the only sport where I can watch any team against any team and enjoy it.

As far as NBA and MLB, I can only give a flying fuck about my home teams (astros and rockets) until the Finals/World Series comes around.

The only other sporting competitions I can really get into watching regardless of who is competing are international things like the Olympics and the World Cup.

In 1994-1995 I watched probably 90% of all Rockets games, home and away.
Old 01.29.2015, 12:17 PM   #270
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Fuck the Spurs.. also actually for first time in years Nba is wide open. There are literally a DOZEN teams that are legitimately contending

Old 02.25.2015, 02:41 PM   #271
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
westbrook was fucking nuts last night
Old 02.25.2015, 02:42 PM   #272
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...land-cavaliers
Old 02.25.2015, 02:51 PM   #273
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
westbrook was fucking nuts last night
Let Westbrook Be Westbrook

Old 03.13.2015, 01:21 AM   #274
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Fucking shit Kyrie Irving has the best handling ive ever seen and ive been there watching bball since i was in elementary school and Magic is my alltime favorite player.. and this KID is only 22 fucking years old?? Fucking shit that legitimately scares me.. when i was 22 i wasn't best at shit yo

Old 03.13.2015, 08:55 PM   #275
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
DeMarcus Cousins had 39 points / 24 rebounds tonight......NO OTHER ACTIVE PLAYER has reached both in a game.

Chris Webber was the last to do it (1/5/01) 51 points / 26 rebounds.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2015, 12:59 AM   #276
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Props to boogie

Old 03.20.2015, 03:41 PM   #277
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

So be honest Rob, Harden flops are getting stupid ridiculous. It was stupid when KD did it so much that the NBA had to adopt an entirely new (albeit rarely enforced) rule about shooting fouls. The "Kevin Durant Rule" states that for a foul to be considered a shooting foul the player must definitively be in a shooting motion and not simply flailing their arms like KD was apt to do..

Old 03.23.2015, 02:43 PM   #278
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
This past Thursday night, the Houston Rockets organization celebrated the 20th year of their NBA Championships. It was great seeing Vernon Maxwell, who has done multiple stints of incarceration. On the court that night against Denver, James Harden went off for 50 points:

http://cw39.com/2015/03/19/clutch-ci...r-anniversary/
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2015, 03:00 PM   #279
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Charles Jones!
Old 03.23.2015, 03:11 PM   #280
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Here is what i want to know.. why did rockets make a big deal of celebrating this in MARCH?? i loved Hakeem era and think he is one of the most underrated players in nba history, he belongs in top 10 ALL TIME and only Shaq bests him at the 5 and only because Shaq was a force of nature, hakeem was the superior "basketball player" and could do things dribbling with a ball that even guards could never do let alone bigs. When i watch Lebron dribble in the post and on the block now i can literally SEE what Hakeem taught him that summer, and know that Hakeem is one of the all time best at "the fundamentals"..

However and again, why March? Whole thing seems like a desperate PR move rather than real effort to celebrate the Hakeem era.. should have at the least saved it for the weekend in April just before the playoffs start. Also i noticed y'all ignored my question about James "Flopping" Harden who needed an embarrassing 25 free throw attempts just to crack 50 points

111213 14 15161724 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth