Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page CBGB's Roll Call
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2006, 12:43 PM   #41
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Nice. People yelling Box Elder. I have a tape of a Pavement show from Atlanta that I went to where basically inbetween every song the same guy is demanding Box Elder. He finally gets it for an encore. Good to see Mark on stage.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 12:48 PM   #42
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
So it seems Lee plays the acoustic part of Or. I hadn't noticed they played this song with the use of an acoustic guitar in Paris last April.

photo's look awesome.

A whole set of RR? Great, so most of the time Mark Ibold does the bass parts of RR as well? Leaving Kim without an instrument, or am I mistaking?

Was Chris Habib taping?
yeah, but it wasn't easy. there were a bunch of us filming and camera people kept getting in what would be the best shots, so my footage of the first 4 songs is abysmal. soundcheck and the last half of the set are really good though. someone might be making a vid for one of the ripped tracks which is why there were so many of us viding.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 01:14 PM   #43
sonic kid 51306
empty page

sonic kid 51306 has tongues queuing up for a rim-festsonic kid 51306 has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
is there going to be a dvd of the whole concert?
sonic kid 51306 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 01:47 PM   #44
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic kid 51306
is there going to be a dvd of the whole concert?

if there is, it's gonna have to be pretty abstract. i'm also not sure how the band felt about the set--it being the first show of the tour/with ibold.
Old 06.14.2006, 01:51 PM   #45
chabib
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOL Download
Hey guys, I'm working on a new show for AOL, and we wanted to know if anyone headed to the show tonight was bringing a camera with them or would like to do a video blog recap of the show. This can apply to not just the CBGB show but any of the others on the tour. Sorry for the short notice. Please e-mail me and let me know. Thanks so much.

and you weren't gonna check with the band to see if that was alright or anything? AOL can eat a fucking dick.
Old 06.14.2006, 02:25 PM   #46
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Only Shaking Hell and Eric's Trip from the old days? Lame.

i'm sick of this Hayden-dick and his like calling out "lame"
if you can prove to do better then you can whine,
which i highly doubt, otherwise stick a fork in yrself because it seems you have nothing good to say on this board.

Agreed AOL can go bite it...
video blog recap? of the whole show?
what balls especially to do it on the band's message board
its one thing to show a clip er two...
this is were blog-phobia is a shame.

double bass whammy action via kim and mark style nice...
those are nice pics (don't know how ya think they aren't?)
wow! golly damn kim is lookin' great, and thurston rockin' the bass and hair. lee w/ and acoustic like in the badmoon rising days?!(ghostbitch-in!).
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 03:41 PM   #47
habibtheantiamericanbitch
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
hark hark!!!!
habibtheantiamericanbitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 03:54 PM   #48
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Cool, Thurston on bass. And I also think Kim looks really good.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 07:12 PM   #49
hooligan37
little trouble girl

hooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asses
Don't worry Wishful. She'll come around for you again. So glad I hooked up with you two. One of the best nights ever. I'll post my thoughts on the night later. Take care.
hooligan37 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:43 PM   #50
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
here's the link to my pix of the show...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:45 PM   #51
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Some really nice pictures you got there.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:47 PM   #52
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
thanks. it was an awesome show. got to meet SY after the show. thurston's mom (and dad?) were there too...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:48 PM   #53
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Your first time meeting them?
I hope I get to meet them at the Atlanta show, or at least tell the band how wonderful it was.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:48 PM   #54
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Soniknirve, those are great pictures! And you met Nick Zinner too!?
Thurston looks so dorky in that one of you and him.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:49 PM   #55
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Cool pics soniknirve.....thanks.

Nice close up of Steve's bass head!!!!
Old 06.14.2006, 10:50 PM   #56
isis
empty page

isis has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I Fuckin Hope So Then I Can Walloow In Shit Town.
isis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:54 PM   #57
isis
empty page

isis has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
There Really Cool In Person As Long As There Noy Busy And You Try To Bug Em,but Theyll Totally Take Time To Pose For Pics And Chat.the Best Time Is Right After Sound Check Or After The Show When There Heaqdin Out ,but Tahts Usualy Chaotic.
isis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:59 AM   #58
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...to_doomed_cbgb
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 01:00 AM   #59
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002688140

A new sonic documentry by Jem Cohen!!!
Old 06.15.2006, 01:04 AM   #60
Moshe
Super Moderator

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...ryid=1266&cs=1

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth