Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page any1 here play MMO's if so post what game u play?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.11.2006, 10:01 PM   #1
JazzyJeff
little trouble girl

JazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's asses
well currently i just got finished with 1 and i want every1's opinions
so i can check out the game they play
JazzyJeff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 11:58 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i have no idea what are you talking about but you have the raddest screename here.

cheers!!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 08:24 AM   #3
JazzyJeff
little trouble girl

JazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's asses
thx
Old 05.12.2006, 10:38 AM   #4
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
MMO's are a waste of time. Get a guitar, a girlfriend, or a job.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 08:31 AM   #5
JazzyJeff
little trouble girl

ok good idea no really i dont care spectral u lame ass this post is for mmo recomandations so dont talk shit go cry somewhere else
Old 05.15.2006, 10:42 AM   #6
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Have you seen the WoW warcraft funeral that got ambushed? Still not sure if it's the funniest thing ever or the saddest.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 12:19 PM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff
ok good idea no really i dont care spectral u lame ass this post is for mmo recomandations so dont talk shit go cry somewhere else

How was my post crying? MMOs are a scam to suck you dry of money that coincidentally suck away a lot of your time. Being good at PVP in an MMO isn't about being skillfull, it is about joining a big guild every night spending 3 to 4 hours in a dungeon, killing big monsters, and getting "phat lootz" that makes you better than your competitors. Or maybe you don't get the best loot in dungeons--well the RPG guys thought about that as well! Getting the materials to make the best loot is a huge time sink too!

And what is this all for? The plot doesn't progress in these games, new areas may open, there may be world events, but in general, the world stays the same. If the game allows for players to create their own towns, it ends up that there are large deserted towns everywhere. If you do player versus player in world of warcraft for example, what does it accomplish? If you spend an increasingly heavy ammount of hours each week, you gain rank and get "phat lootz" but as I recall, you have to play about 100 hours a week to be able to get from the 2nd highest rank to the highest rank. But does winning a battle allow your side to capture territory? No.

Sure, you might not spend 100 hours a week to get the top rank, but to stay competitive you have to still spend a lot of time each week in dungeons, not to mention the time you spend having "fun" playing player versus player. Also, you have to wait in queue to play in PVP, sometimes for hours. Hours at which you can't dedicate yourself to any dungeons because you could be let into PVP at anytime.

So what is all this time replacing? Your social life? Your homework? Your sleep? Your family life? Your work life?

It isn't healthy for you, and worst of all, it is addictive.

Now on the other hand, let's talk about Half-Life 2 and Half-Life.

The actual game takes about 10-15 hours to beat. So, one to two weeks, an hour or two a day. Sounds fine to me. Plus, you can do it at your own pace. You don't have to depend on 39 other people to beat the monsters in Half-Life 2.

Then you might get into multiplayer, you can do Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike, or Deathmatch. This would be the "PVP" aspect. Let's talk Counter-Strike. Counter-strike you get gear, but you get money to buy gear by playing good, and you can max out your money pretty quickly if you are skilled. Learning the game takes a few hours, and you a round takes 5 minutes. You play the same map for 1/2 hour and then you switch maps. You can quit right there. When you come back a week later, people haven't "leveled up" past you or got better gear than you. There is always an even playing field. You don't need to play constantly to be a decent competitor.

If you join a Counter-Strike clan, odds are you will be on a ladder too. But as I recall, your ladder matches are usually once a week, on the weekends, and last about an hour to two hours. Playing in a clan just means playing on their server when you practice, and playing "serious games" once a week.

Oh, so I'm a "casual" computer game player. I'm not "hardcore" like you MMO'ers. "Casual" has a negative connotation to you guys. Well guess what? I get sleep and I do productive things, and I feel when I play computer games, I am actually having fun and not doing a chore- MMOs pretty much turn into a job.
Old 05.15.2006, 08:50 PM   #8
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that's why I'm not to interested in MMO's, the leveling up and everything associated with it seems like such a chore. I'm more than a casual gamer but I still do a lot more than sit around for months and earn experience points; it takes the fun out of playing video games.

I still love traditional japanese turn-based rpgs though.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 08:53 PM   #9
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I don't really like multiplayer games. I prefer to play with myself. *snicker*

BTW, Half-Life 2 is one of the best games ever. Better than any MMO.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 09:45 PM   #10
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
Yeah, that's why I'm not to interested in MMO's, the leveling up and everything associated with it seems like such a chore. I'm more than a casual gamer but I still do a lot more than sit around for months and earn experience points; it takes the fun out of playing video games.

I still love traditional japanese turn-based rpgs though.

Oh, I love RPGs. They are great. Diablo II was a lot of fun. I just don't like things designed to be addictive money sinks.
Old 05.15.2006, 09:48 PM   #11
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
SpectralJulianIsDead is completely right. MMOs are a waste of money, time, and your life.

JazzyJeff, why don't you and jeff go buttsecks it in a tree somewhere and leave us alone?
Old 05.16.2006, 08:05 AM   #12
JazzyJeff
little trouble girl

no they arent not ahhhh its prolly cause i can stand lvling up for hours or even days

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth