Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Scarlet Johansson, Edward Norton, Drew Barrymore, Johnny Depp, Chloe Sevigny
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.05.2007, 09:30 PM   #21
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
maybe these pictures will help clarify?

T-I-T-S

TITS AHOY!!!!! sweed lord almighty!

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 09:57 PM   #22
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
That first pic is probobly the sexiest pic she's done, not because of the lack of clothes but the lack of make-up, compare her face with the first pic to the other two, the second she looks like she belongs in "Blade Runner", the third she looks like a drag queen. I hate when beautiful girls wear a ton of make-up, the first pic proves, less is so much more, in more ways then one.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 01:00 AM   #23
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
I used to love Scarlett, lately I dont know...that Timberlake video was awful...but i will forever like her in LIT and Ghost World and Girl with a Pearl Earring...Match Point was sexy, but the 2nd time I saw it, was kinda annoying...I dont know if thats her fault though (I blame Woody)....

MRs Norton and Depp are fantastic...you dont know what you are talking about if you dont like their abilities. that or you are a pretentious fuckwit too 'hip' for your own good.

Barrymore is kinda bland...i think she's tries to be interesting by dating guys like tom green...i dont know...dont really have an opinion of her...her acting doesnt blow me away...she's ok in some things...

Sevigny is an interesting one at least...she's not uber attractive in the traditional sense, and she's come to be the reigning queen of NYC/Indie-dom in film and fashion/incrowd stuff...and someone had to do it...her acting is pretty good most of the time too....
davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 02:10 AM   #24
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I just want to underline this:

"scarlet - has nice tits

edward norton - is not a bad actor, and not a pretty boy either, so he's not annoying"

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 02:15 AM   #25
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Chloe Sevigny- I hate her for very personal reasons; I almost got in a fight with her at the first Dinosaur Jr reunion show in LA.

ALMOST? Damn, that's a story I'd love to hear.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 03:27 AM   #26
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Drew Barrymore was hot when she was making her comeback and posing in Playboy, but she's a bit lukewarm these days.

Johnny Depp gets to do naughty things with Vanessa Paradis, who is hot, and therefore he is hot by association.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:06 AM   #27
sarramkrop

Can we try to separate the fact that an actor/actress is dishy-looking from the fact that they are technically and emotionally versatile? All of the above have been in at least one movie that I have enjoyed (particularly Norton) , apart from Jahansson. That still doesn't convince me about their acting abilities. It just seemed that in those movies the director was carrying the movie, rather than the actor/ess.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:09 AM   #28
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
well krop, I thought she was wonderful in LIT...I love how Coppola didnt allow Bill and Scarlett to see each other's dialogue, so that it would seem more like 2 regular people talking...and it does...watch how she always reacts with a smile and a little laugh everytime Bill says something...it may seem goofy if you dont know what the movie's about...but its just refreshing, and even beautiful in a sense...
davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:13 AM   #29
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Okay.

Drew Barrymore - Seems to be cast in, and to accept, too many cutesy chick flick roles (50 First Dates / Music and Lyrics) that make it difficult to tell if she has the depth to carry off something more weighty.

Johnny Depp - The absolute opposite of the above, seems able to only accept arty thespian roles. When given a more lightweight role cannot resist the oppourtunity to ham it up.

Edward Norton - What was the racist/skinhead one that he was in a few years ago? [edit - American History X] He was brilliant in that. I can't think of any other films that he's been in.

Scarlett/Chloe - Are names rather than actresses whose performances I can remember.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:19 AM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
well krop, I thought she was wonderful in LIT...I love how Coppola didnt allow Bill and Scarlett to see each other's dialogue, so that it would seem more like 2 regular people talking...and it does...watch how she always reacts with a smile and a little laugh everytime Bill says something...it may seem goofy if you dont know what the movie's about...but its just refreshing, and even beautiful in a sense...

That film is rubbish and the story/script is insipid. That sort of acting is also pretty commonplace these days, as well as the way that it's been shot. A highly overrated movie that got way too much praise. Pleasant enough to watch it, but it left me totally empty inside.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:25 AM   #31
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Can we try to separate the fact that an actor/actress is dishy-looking from the fact that they are technically and emotionally versatile? All of the above have been in at least one movie that I have enjoyed (particularly Norton) , apart from Jahansson. That still doesn' t convince me about their acting abilities. It just seemed that in those movies the director was carrying the movie, rather than the actor/ess.

sure.

edward norton is a damn good actor. american history x, fight club... i recently saw him in the painted veil and he managed to remain almost invisible which is what i htink this required. not at all like keanu reeves in "dracula" faking an english accent, jeezus. no man, edward norton is totally an american actor but he's really good. and you dream.

johnny depp is great, come on-- his "pirates" is hilarious, then you get edward scissorhands on the other end of the spectrum. watchu want porks? more range? insane willy wonka, dead william blake in dead man. former undercover cop in teenybopper drama "21st jump street". the libertine, i admit, sucked blood clots, but ... ed wood? oh cmon, you're baiting-- are you baiting?

---
about drew barrymore yes, she sucks in every way, and chloe sevigny is famous for being indie but i don't think she acts much (sorry chloe). and scarlett-- well, scarlett has those tits. she's good in certain roles though, she did great in lost in translation, as well as match point. she's no jessica lange though-- jessica lange! that's a real actress.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:31 AM   #32
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Johnny Depp gets to do naughty things with Vanessa Paradis, who is hot, and therefore he is hot by association.
Those are no more naughty things when you're married. With children.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:32 AM   #33
sarramkrop

Yeah, but take two actors like Dennis Hopper or James Gandolfini (both excellent at playing the meanie), and then compare them to the most violent scenes in Fight Club. Norton lives off an already poor script and fails to overturn it into something good, and in American History X he lives off a good script and that's about it. Both the actors that I have mentioned could have turned those movies into something great, at Norton's age.

Edit - &***%%
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:32 AM   #34
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Can we try to separate the fact that an actor/actress is dishy-looking from the fact that they are technically and emotionally versatile?

In that case it's probably fair to say that Ed Norton is the most talented. A lot of people talk up Johnny Depp in this way but he's just more original in his casting decisions than anything else, IMO.

Scarlet Johansson is decent but losing ground after taking on some terrible roles recently (Kirsten Dunst being her (slightly) more credible equivelent.)

Drew Barrymore hasn't really shown any talent since ET - apart from an ability to appear quirky.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:35 AM   #35
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I will probably download the three pictures of Scarlett into my computer.

Now that I'm looking at them, it does strange things to my body.

(evil laugh)

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:43 AM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, but take two actors like Dennis Hopper or James Gandolfini (both excellent at playing the meanie), and then compare them to the most violent scenes in Fight Club. Norton lives off an already poor script and fails to overturn it into something good, and in American History X he lives off a good script and that's about it. Both the actors that I have mentioned could have turned those movies into something great, at Norton's age.

Edit - &***%%

i dont know about gandolfini's range though-- before the sopranos, he had been forgettable. norton is more of a... hm an anglo saxon, his emotional expression is quite restrained-- has more of a stiff face, tight lips, wooden expression. but that's cultural-- not everybody can play some hot blooded don juan. so he was very good in the painted veil, where he plays this very stiff british doctor/public servant-- his intensity is more restrained, he doesn't move his hands when he speaks. of course pair him against marlon brando and he's going to lose big. he's still a good actor though, does his job well, but yeah he's no dennis hopper, eh.
Old 06.06.2007, 04:44 AM   #37
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Edit - &***%%

I'm glad you said 'at Norton's age' in reference to Dennis Hopper, who's been a diminishing talent for quite some time now.

Most actors are bound to a certain period of their life that will forever define them. Jack Nicholson is a perfect case in point in that his entire career is now largely defined by the series of movies he made between One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Shining. Actors that have managed to remain interesting throughout the duration of their career are few and far between. Paul Newman never really did. Robert DeNiro LOOKED like he was able to but then descended into a kind of pointless self-parody. For that reason, Marlon Brando remains one of the true Hollywood greats in that he can be identified with so many varying roles in films as different as A Streetcar Named Desire, Last Tango in Paris and The Godfather.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:47 AM   #38
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
not thrilled by any, but here:
Scarlet Johansson -first noticed her in a teen/alter movie with christina ricci and liked her there. she is ok, dont relate to the hype, but she is ok.
Ghost World!
To answer the topic:
Scarlet Johansson = I think she's NOT a really good actress, plus she is totally overexposed [ads, music videos ( why, JT, why??), music, too many movies per year], and actually I think she's not SO good looking to deserve this kind of attention, but I suppose she's just making the most out of the moment, her fame will probably fade quite fast (unless she does a really , reaaaally nice flick)

Ed Norton = he's one of those guys (Kevin Bacon?) capable of doing great performances followed by BAD movies. His expressions/acting in the first part of American History X is truly amazing, imo, and he's good (very good) ni fight club and 25th hour.

Drew Berrymore = She is not THAT bad (confessions of a dangerous mind) but at the same time not that good.. I like the fact that she's also a producer. Evan Rachel Woods will take her place soon (drugs, rehab, light hearted movies).

Johnny Depp = I really like him, he did great "career choices", his tattoo is great, he's been with some of my favourite ladies in the businness, AND he's quite a wise guy. So, thumbs up for him.

Chloe Sevigny = I don't like her, but some of her expressions ( no, I didn't say blowjob) are really good, even better when she does not speak (thi is not an insult, but a compliment on her face).
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:54 AM   #39
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
Ad Scarlettim: http://www.truescandals.com/pics/ind...nsson&pg=1&f=t
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 04:55 AM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
norton has potentials i believe, he has this sparcle in his eyes.

exactly, norton's intensity is very internal, doesn't come out in grand expressions and gestures, which was my point.

but to parallel someone else, de niro used to be that way as well (take taxi driver), and in spite of his latest blunders de niro remains a superior actor. still that doesn't meant norton is bad or that his reputation is undeserved-- he's a good movie actor.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth