Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Finally getting my SY cherry popped!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2006, 02:37 PM   #1
selfobsessedandsexxee
empty page

selfobsessedandsexxee has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hey guys! long time no SY.com!!

so, august 25th....just got some tickets. finally going to see the Youth! anyone seen them lately? what kind of set can i expect? think theres any chance of hearing some washing machine stuff?

it's nice to be back online, by the way. i've been missing you guys.

kegmama, you still around?

peace!
Old 08.14.2006, 02:39 PM   #2
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Hey. theres tons of Setlists foatin around... check the Mustang site. (www.sonicyouth.com/mustang) in the tour section. kegmama is still around.. im not her though..

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 03:04 PM   #3
selfobsessedandsexxee
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Where the hell have you been?! I have missed you! How are YOUR sonic youth? Are you still with ---?

Have you gotten the new album yet? Be sure to wait around after the show and meet who you can. Thurston in particular. If you are just now getting your SY cherry popped, you might as well make it as memorable as possible. You know, like don't just get fucked by the orgasmic noise of SY; make long, hot, sweaty and sweet love, with foreplay and everything. Be sure to post how it is girl, get pics!

that is fucking awesome. i love you, kegmama.
my sonic youth are great. yep, i'm still with --. haha. -- is okay. he's going with me to see SY.

i hope they play something from washing machine. that's my favorite album. yeah, i got rather ripped the day it was released. it's pretty cool. seems differeent to me than any of their other stuff. reena is a great song i love it. but i'm a sucker for kim gordon, you know that. she keeps me coming home again.
Old 08.14.2006, 05:46 PM   #4
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
enjoy the gig!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2006, 10:30 AM   #5
selfobsessedandsexxee
empty page

oh my god, you guys.. .what a blast! it was awesome. kim is awesome. i was in the front row! thurston came out into the crowd. he said "this is the most fun i have ever had in iowa" and some guy shouted, "yeah, me too!" thurston told us we were a credit to our race.. haha, i can't figure out if he was serious, or if he was making fun of us for being rednecks... i don't know. but i got a great video. i'll post it later on here for you guys. i got them doing Reena.. the entire thing. kim's dancing is great. drunken butterfly style.

this was the greatist day of my life.

the magic numbers kind of suck... but the flaming lips put on a great show.

SONIC YOUTH IS THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD.
Old 09.01.2006, 10:33 AM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth IS the best band in the world!

so glad you enjoyed!

sonic life!
Old 09.01.2006, 10:45 AM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sonic youth IS the best band in the world!

so glad you enjoyed!

sonic life!

Sonic life, brother!!

Woo!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2006, 10:47 AM   #8
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
SOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNIIIIIIIICCCCCC LIIIIYYYYFFFFEEEEZZZZ!!!!

w00000tz000rz!
Old 09.01.2006, 10:55 AM   #9
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses

Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2006, 12:41 PM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
what's a sonic life? i want to try it out

whatever you do, take care of yr shoes
Old 09.01.2006, 01:51 PM   #11
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Hell yeah Sonic Youth is the best band in the world!!! Kick ass, I'm glad someone on this board agrees!!!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2006, 03:17 PM   #12
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
What strange imagery the title encourages...

But good to hear the show rocked. Sounds like SY really enjoyed it, which is usually the main ingredient for a good show.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2006, 03:25 PM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I hope they left you drenched in sonic cum.

they sure did that to me.
Old 09.01.2006, 10:36 PM   #14
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Very touching....yes, very touching.

I'm amazed in astonishment because I agree....Sonic Youth are my favorite band today !

To see you guys's rehookup is nice...ya know.....I've been away from another board and miss some folks.....what's that they say about distance ? Pardon me, I don't know either of you at all, but I share the enthusiasm...

I just saw SY in June and it totally reinvigorated me towards their music. I'd seen them in 1992 and thought they were awesome....but just recently caught up with a huge amount of their music I hadn't heard. Shit, I've bought about 10 cd's of theirs since the show 2 months ago !!! I'm hooked !

I just traded a bunch of King Crimson shows for 9-10 live SY shows...and I cant' get enough !!! Most creative, innovative busy band in the last 25 years...easily.....

Here's your Kimmy....I was in the front row too, directly under her !

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2006, 12:14 AM   #15
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Wait a second, is the same one that posted on old blue?

If so, hello.
Old 09.03.2006, 12:49 PM   #16
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses

after the concert drenched in Sonic Cum!!! The stains are there to prove it!!!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2006, 03:53 PM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

damn that's some niced bootay

haha!
Old 09.06.2006, 12:42 PM   #18
selfobsessedandsexxee
empty page

wait a minute.... i have to find something better than photobucket... photobucket is gay. what's a good video upload site?
Old 09.06.2006, 01:00 PM   #19
selfobsessedandsexxee
empty page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zv-wHGO38

okay you guys.. my pictures were really crappy, but here is the video.. i hope it works. hope you enjoy!
Old 09.07.2006, 08:02 AM   #20
selfobsessedandsexxee
empty page

did anyone try watching this? did the video work?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth