Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What music do you listen when you wake up???
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.01.2006, 04:32 AM   #1
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

Spiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's asses
i love SYR2 to wake up.
Spiritual Amnesia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 05:31 AM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
To be honest, everything in my cd collection. I have a 300 disc player w/ 196 cd's in it, so I'll wake up, put the playing mode on
All Disc Shuffle & I blaze a cutchie to all of my favorite groups. So, I like to listen to everything when I wake up.

Excellent thread by the way.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 06:20 AM   #3
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
it depends, though these days I like to listen to Carla Bruni when I wake up.

And if I need something brutal when I snooze too much nothing beats the first few songs of Nirvana's From the muddy banks of the Whishka (sp?)
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 06:51 AM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
And if I need something brutal when I snooze too much nothing beats the first few songs of Nirvana's From the muddy banks of the Whishka (sp?)

Nice choice. Or "Bleach" is perfect for waking up to.
-George Carlin
Old 04.01.2006, 07:16 AM   #5
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
usually I like something chilled out..maybe some Smog, Adam Green, DJ Cam, Nick Cave, Sonic Youth, it depends really on what mood I wake up having
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 07:47 AM   #6
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
i like to listen to the radio when i wake up; so i either listen to the news or a station the plays some pop hits, so now often that hung up song wakes me up. when i open the pc w/ my coffe, i usually put something i feel comfortable w/ like sy or mogwai.
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 09:55 AM   #7
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
today i woke up to the fall - live at the sound republic, london, 15/4/99

my favourite album to wake up to is the velvet undergrounds first album,
just perfect,
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 09:57 AM   #8
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Any thing hyper and loud.
I woke up to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs today.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 10:01 AM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

YYY's

If I would choose any record to wake up to by the YYY's, it'd probably be the "Machine" single 7" LP.
-George Carlin
Old 04.01.2006, 10:26 AM   #10
The 97th Hammer
bad moon rising

The 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard sucka
If I put music on after waking it's generally something short and sharp as I never wake more than an hour before I need to be somewere. Wire and the Fall are pretty common choices. Otherwise I'll put on one of my louder 7"s like Parts & Labor or Sightings.
The 97th Hammer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 03:15 AM   #11
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I get woken by whatever CD I was listening to when I went to sleep, then at 7 o'clock I go watch the music videos on Channel 4 while I eat breakfast and generally faff about, then at 7.30 I switch the radio on and listen to Terry Wogan.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:45 PM   #12
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I always listen to a CD in the shower in the morning. It usually depends on the mood. If it is raining I usually listen to Sonic Youth (Daydream Nation, ATL, Bad Moon) or Glassjaw(Worship and Tribute). When I am excited for somthing or just really need to wake up I go with the First Foo Fighters album, Goo, or the new CKY CD.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 02:25 PM   #13
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
whoa... waking up to BMR... sounds just really weird...
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 03:30 PM   #14
LNC
little trouble girl

LNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's asses
Must must playlist while driving to university: j. cash, calexico, uncle tupelo, jayhawks, gram parsons, bille holiday, pavement, boards of canada, the national, stephen malkmus, evens, jens lekman, belle & sebastian.
Old 04.03.2006, 04:14 PM   #15
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
It depends on my mood. Most of the time I play Minor Threat, it's great to get my heart pumping. Not so great for the neighbors hearing "GUILTY OF BEING WHITE!" at five am.
Old 04.03.2006, 05:52 PM   #16
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Good Choice. Minor Threat and Gray Matter are good ones to get hyped in the morning. I forgot to mention You're Living All Over Me. Just imagine me doing air guitar in the shower to Kracked. Im such a fucking nerd over Dino Jr.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 09:38 AM   #17
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Sometimes I'll wake up to some old school Motown shit. You know, Little Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, etc. In fact, I might go listen to that right now.
Oh, good morning everyone.
-George Carlin
Old 04.04.2006, 09:42 AM   #18
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbars
my favourite album to wake up to is the velvet undergrounds first album,
just perfect,

Good choice, they'd be great to wake up to.
I would have to go with anything by Dntel. Jimmy Tamballero is one of my fav's.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 02:04 PM   #19
Hannah
little trouble girl

Hannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's assesHannah kicks all y'all's asses
Local radio. The guys on it piss me off so much I have to get up out of bed to turn it off. It works.

But happy music would be good. Something like Shonen Knife=instant happiness!
Hannah is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth