Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page So I Finally Got To Crowd Surf Last Night..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.19.2008, 02:18 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
and it was the most fun I have ever had at a show. They kicked me out, but the security were so cool with me for having been the obvious rastaman posted outside the venue for eight hours to get in the show, they let right back in!

crowd surfing is the best, I always avoid it just not get kicked out, but I couldn't resist, it was all-or-nothing, and I had to try it.

and it was worth EVERY MOMENT, and even if they did not let me back in, it still would have been the best show for that!

and EVERYONE was happy to see me back in the show, cuz they ALL remembered the Rastaman as well, and were sad to see me go!

thank you deftones and thank you SPACELAND security for being so obliging.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 02:19 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 02:22 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
hahaha

I can't believe I have been going to rock shows for a decade and not tried this. I am the fucking PITMASTER for Christ's sake, this should have been part of my repertoire..

When I get into a pit, it is all good, I keep the circle going, I pick up everyone who falls, I knock any bastard on his ass who is fucking around, I prop up the edge of the wall, I throw people back in who are getting pushed out involuntarily, and further, I stop EVERY SINGLE FIST FIGHT i see about the brew, like last night at deftones they tried to fight the security guard in the pit, but I had to cool it down and hug some folks and calm them down lest they hurt the security, cuz once the security is hurt, the show is absolutely over, been there, done that.

Old 09.19.2008, 03:41 PM   #4
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I pick up everyone who falls,

Ah, one of those guys.

Way back in the day, I believe it was the Dead Kennedys, I realized a split second too late that I should have taken off my glasses. And unfortunately, everybody was trying to help me up when I was trying to look for them.

Yeah, it was DK, I remember driving home with my sunglasses (at night of course) singing "Papa don't preach, I'm gonna eat my baby" at the top of my lungs.
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 03:44 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by akprodr
Ah, one of those guys.

Way back in the day, I believe it was the Dead Kennedys, I realized a split second too late that I should have taken off my glasses. And unfortunately, everybody was trying to help me up when I was trying to look for them.

Yeah, it was DK, I remember driving home with my sunglasses (at night of course) singing "Papa don't preach, I'm gonna eat my baby" at the top of my lungs.

no, I would have noticed you lost your glasses and helped you find them, then picked you up, as I said I am the pitmaster, and I stay alert of EVERYONE'S needs there.

the only trouble is when soft chicks think they can make it into the pit, sorry for the elbo to your face sister, but you stand up to a foot lower then the rest of the crowd, my advice to the less-than-butch chicks, stay out of the pit!

Old 09.19.2008, 04:50 PM   #6
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
crowd surfing is fun indeed. cant' do it so much anymroe as i've gotten fatter in my old age.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 05:15 PM   #7
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds like fun man, cool to hear you had a good time.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 01:37 PM   #8
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
my friend surfed at a metallica show, dude said "i'm going in!" got picked up, got passed by a person, was caught by the next, was upside down and all you could see was his feet kicking in the air, then got picked up again and got tossed all the way to the front of the stage; then, my other friend asks me "hey, how is he coming back to where we are standing?" and i answered "guess he should have thought of that before crowd surfing".

he found us, by some sort of miracle.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 01:43 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
my friend surfed at a metallica show, dude said "i'm going in!" got picked up, got passed by a person, was caught by the next, was upside down and all you could see was his feet kicking in the air, then got picked up again and got tossed all the way to the front of the stage; then, my other friend asks me "hey, how is he coming back to where we are standing?" and i answered "guess he should have thought of that before crowd surfing".

he found us, by some sort of miracle.

as much as you try to avoid it, the stage is the inevitable place to get thrown. this is why I avoid this activity, cuz it is an instant 'yr out' situation..

I always try to help the surfers stay up and away from the stage and the away from the hater security trying to pull them in, in fact what I was so excited about the most was the I was up for nearly the ENTIRE SONG, which is damn hard to keep going, I had to float back and forth for a while to stay away from the stage but eventually I was tossed up there..

It is always a miracle to find people, but miracles are common to the faithful. At the hollywood bowl we got to Reggae Night every august, at least 10,000 folks, I never FAIL to find a single person, I find EVERYONE, even in the dark, scattered across that huge crowd.

Old 09.20.2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
SPACELAND

<3 <3 <3
Old 09.20.2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
by the way suchfriends, did chino go into the crowd?

when i saw them, he sang the first three songs from the crowd.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 02:02 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
by the way suchfriends, did chino go into the crowd?

when i saw them, he sang the first three songs from the crowd.

it was a small place so he only half surfed once, but he does usually do that at all the times I have seen them as well, at the Roxy in 2003 I was holding him up for the crowd surf and this time he returned the favor when I was thrown at him [again, it was an extremely small place]

'Head Up' from Thursday night to show how small the place was [check the dude falling 1:20 into it, that fucker fell flat on his ass cuz there were no people under him]

Around the Fur, I was kick out for this tune

Old 09.21.2008, 11:58 AM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I very nearly got kicked out for crowd surfing at Napalm Death. I'm still incredulous at this fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2008, 12:56 PM   #14
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I can't believe I have been going to rock shows for a decade and not tried this. I am the fucking PITMASTER for Christ's sake, this should have been part of my repertoire..

When I get into a pit, it is all good, I keep the circle going, I pick up everyone who falls, I knock any bastard on his ass who is fucking around, I prop up the edge of the wall, I throw people back in who are getting pushed out involuntarily, and further, I stop EVERY SINGLE FIST FIGHT i see about the brew, like last night at deftones they tried to fight the security guard in the pit, but I had to cool it down and hug some folks and calm them down lest they hurt the security, cuz once the security is hurt, the show is absolutely over, been there, done that.

damn, you sound like a modern rock version of Ghandi or some shit.

on the real though, that's tight
glad you had fun, man
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2008, 06:35 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
damn, you sound like a modern rock version of Ghandi or some shit.

on the real though, that's tight
glad you had fun, man

all sarcasm aside that shit is funny!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cryptowonderdruginvogue again.

Old 09.21.2008, 06:42 PM   #16
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I don't crowd surf.

Random people touching me is a no.

Sounds like you had a good time though It's always nice finding another new fun activity.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2008, 05:31 AM   #17
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Some very large man next to me got kicked in the face about 8 times by different crowd surfers at a Lightning Bolt show. Lightning Bolt crowd surfers are relentless.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2008, 09:06 AM   #18
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Haha I was gonna do it at sonic youth (yes the show I went to had crowd surfing) but I was actually starting to get dehydrated (I had been standing outside for about 5 or 6 hours in the texas summer heat by this point)
and I was not about to do that with the nine inch nails audience.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2008, 12:33 PM   #19
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i crowdsurfed at a wu tang concert in winter 06, and a couple of my old highschool "friends" thought it was hilarious to throw me like as if i were a projectile directly at the ground, to which i suffered a fractured wrist. cocksuckers. stayted the rest of the show too (i was intoxicated)

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth