Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page NR Essentials #19: Fugees - The Score
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.30.2009, 12:56 PM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
haha suchfriends, yr my boy. I love you, man.

but please don't sleep on the East, "the East is the seed."
Old 10.30.2009, 12:57 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
"No Chorus" is one of the most ridiculous rap songs ever recorded. The outro alone: "your mixdown ain't right / your vocals are too low / your fuckin' cadence is off / you're whack..." haha. Incredible.
what I love most about Dr Dooom is that whether on the 90s shit or the recent new Dooom album (which is also the fucking SHIT!) is that he takes the whole diss-a-nigga flows that Tupac started with Hit 'Em Up but didn't make it personal. He disses ALL KINDS of MCs and busters but never ever names names! genius!

He proves you can talk a grip of shit without it having to be personal or directed at anyone in particular.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2009, 12:57 PM   #23
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Yup my copy of the Score still gets play but when it first came out it was in the deck for atleast two weeks straight before I pulled it out and listened to something else.
Old 10.30.2009, 12:58 PM   #24
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I know it's awesome. Except on the new one he disses Simon from American Idol by name. Haha. So weird. But yeah, Doc Dooom pretty much just makes diss tracks aimed at every rapper that isn't himself. Haha.
Old 10.30.2009, 01:00 PM   #25
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Yup my copy of the Score still gets play but when it first came out it was in the deck for atleast two weeks straight before I pulled it out and listened to something else.

that's what I'm saying. That record was so evey day for me for months when it came out.
Old 10.30.2009, 01:02 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I know it's awesome. Except on the new one he disses Simon from American Idol by name. Haha. So weird. But yeah, Doc Dooom pretty much just makes diss tracks aimed at every rapper that isn't himself. Haha.

but Simon has it coming! Doc had to drop dime!

"fuck american idol, Simon and his whack ass.. he can kiss the bottom of my foot and paula can kiss my black ass!"

"the kind of guy who could piss on jazz funk and blue grass.. paint yr face black I bet all yr assets you'll come out with a blue ass.." genius!

Old 10.30.2009, 01:06 PM   #27
noisereductions
invito al cielo

haha. I wish all his newer albums were as consistent. His last GREAT album to me was KOOL KEITH PRESENTS THEE UNDATAKERZ from 2004 which is so so so under rated. That album is hilarious. Total mockery of horrorcore. And the beats are soooooo good minimal southern space tracks.

Since then, Dooom 2 was by far the best thing he put out.
Old 10.30.2009, 01:11 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
rap is about the stories suchfriends, not the dancing,. go listen to mc hammer if you wanna dance and shit.

I woud rather hear a simple hard beat, with a hard rhymer, than any danceteria bullshit.

give me EPMD, Rakim, PE, Geto Boys, scarface, too short, slick rick etc etc
Old 10.30.2009, 01:12 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
but then again, I am old.
Old 10.30.2009, 01:12 PM   #30
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
haha. I wish all his newer albums were as consistent. His last GREAT album to me was KOOL KEITH PRESENTS THEE UNDATAKERZ from 2004 which is so so so under rated. That album is hilarious. Total mockery of horrorcore. And the beats are soooooo good minimal southern space tracks.

Since then, Dooom 2 was by far the best thing he put out.

agreed. undatakerz is one of the better since the 90s, but I do really dig the Mr Nagatco shit, I think that album is fly. His best work is with Kutmaster Kurt who is the DJ in Undatakerz right?

blind folks be like somebody turned the lights off...

Old 10.30.2009, 01:12 PM   #31
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
but then again, I am old.

and you have a beard, so...
Old 10.30.2009, 01:15 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
rap is about the stories suchfriends, not the dancing,. go listen to mc hammer if you wanna dance and shit.

I woud rather hear a simple hard beat, with a hard rhymer, than any danceteria bullshit.

give me EPMD, Rakim, PE, Geto Boys, scarface, too short, slick rick etc etc

scarface.. too short.. slick rick.. you can c-walk to ALL this shit.. and Too $hort IS YAY-ar-ee-uh fool! He is one of the pioneer originators of that style! and rakeim.. well I can only dig a bit of it.. the Prince Rakeim album is my favorite has the most grooves..

I don't mind if you tell a story but let me get in the groove over the track.. its music, not a lecture! Its rap, not thanksgiving with grandpa!

I chill with a bunch of wu nutz and other east coast riders.. none of them can dance.. and none of them care. But this shit is the west son, its not called a backyard boogie for nothin

Old 10.30.2009, 01:15 PM   #33
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
agreed. undatakerz is one of the better since the 90s, but I do really dig the Mr Nagatco shit, I think that album is fly. His best work is with Kutmaster Kurt who is the DJ in Undatakerz right?

I don't know the identity of the DJ. He wore a mask, so it could've been. But I don't think so. I think the whole Undatakerz crew was unknowns. And I'm guessing from the South for the most part. At that time Keith was really fascinated by like No Limit artists and stuff.

Nogatco was a good record. So was Project Polaroid.
Old 10.30.2009, 01:16 PM   #34
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

I chill with a bunch of wu nutz and other east coast riders.. none of them can dance.. and none of them care. But this shit is the west son, its not called a backyard boogie for nothin

Do you like The Game? I love his 3 major label albums. They're pretty much much just homages to classic Death Row era shiz.
Old 10.30.2009, 01:19 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Do you like The Game? I love his 3 major label albums. They're pretty much much just homages to classic Death Row era shiz.

I like the post-50cent Game fo sho! After all, I chill in compton, its kinda mando! when in north long beach you have to bump the black knights, snoop and sublime. when in bompton or watts da game and eazy e is absolute essentials.. these are local area soundtracks!

Old 10.30.2009, 01:22 PM   #36
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Even DOCUMENTARY is good, since Dre produced. I'm not a G-Unit fan, but The Game was too good for them. He's so much more complex than they are.

People listen to the Black Knights? I had no idea.

I rocked Sublime all summer. One of my favorite bands in high school.
Old 10.30.2009, 03:24 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

People listen to the Black Knights? I had no idea.

fuck yeah.. not as much these days, people are lame and into all that radio shit, but some OGz still keep it real

Old 10.30.2009, 03:54 PM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:

I rocked Sublime all summer. One of my favorite bands in high school.

some shit you gots to keep to yrself my man.
Old 10.30.2009, 05:32 PM   #39
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I personally like both of Hill's solo albums quite a bit. MTV Unplugged is very underrated to me. She is arguably kind of crazy though.

Oh and yeah, it is amazing how few hip-hop acts actually manage to make it to 4 great albums. In addition to others mention (especially Doom), I'd say Jay-Z has probably done it, but that's countered by the fact that often the albums between the classics are real disappointments...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2009, 06:11 PM   #40
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I personally like both of Hill's solo albums quite a bit. MTV Unplugged is very underrated to me. She is arguably kind of crazy though.

Oh and yeah, it is amazing how few hip-hop acts actually manage to make it to 4 great albums. In addition to others mention (especially Doom), I'd say Jay-Z has probably done it, but that's countered by the fact that often the albums between the classics are real disappointments...

sorry to be so negative.. but gay-z fucking sucks!

but true, it is very difficult for 4 album masters, but then again, isn't that a challenge for most artists of any genre?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth