Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page So maybe Refused are reuniting... ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.09.2012, 08:35 PM   #21
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I can respect them wanting to do "The Shape of Punk to Come" justice, but I would hope that they would do some club dates before or after Coachella as well. Cause Refused aren't really the type of band that would play some big festival and then not play some club gigs. They like the audience interaction, you're not going to get that at Coachella.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2012, 08:48 PM   #22
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
Refused/ATDI to curate next winter ATP NBC.

That'd would be awesome.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2012, 08:57 PM   #23
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad_023
Refused/ATDI to curate next winter ATP NBC.

That'd would be awesome.

They might serve as adequate opening acts for Drive Like Jehu, but I wouldn't go just for that. I never really liked ATDI anyway. They were like Jimmy Eat World's slightly more legit evil twin. Only difference is that they sucked less than JEW.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2012, 09:03 PM   #24
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
They might serve as adequate opening acts for Drive Like Jehu, but I wouldn't go just for that. I never really liked ATDI anyway. They were like Jimmy Eat World's slightly more legit evil twin. Only difference is that they sucked less than JEW.

I agree, Drive Like Jehu trump both. I think they'd both pick pretty good lineups. The Mars Volta's had artists such as Acid Mothers Temple, Michael Rother, Madlib, Battles, Blonde Redhead, Quinton, Lydia Lunch, Damo Sazuki, etc.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2012, 09:20 PM   #25
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad_023
I agree, Drive Like Jehu trump both. I think they'd both pick pretty good lineups. The Mars Volta's had artists such as Acid Mothers Temple, Michael Rother, Madlib, Battles, Blonde Redhead, Quinton, Lydia Lunch, Damo Sazuki, etc.

Hey, I see an intersection of taste here. I love every one of those artists! Well, more Can than Sazuki solo.

I never hear anyone talk about AMT anymore, but they are a longtime fav. of mine. Good to hear their name mentioned. And Madlib. And of course Blonde Redhead.
Old 01.10.2012, 02:53 AM   #26
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Ridiciolus.

They're urinating om them selves.
Please Refused, don't fucking do it!!
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2012, 02:00 PM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
dunno this band.
it s ok; i got the idea.

Shape of punk to come is (for my money) one of the only punk/ hardcore albums that's worth owning from the 90s. But then I say that as someone who doesn't like the genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2012, 07:12 PM   #28
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Shape of punk to come is (for my money) one of the only punk/ hardcore albums that's worth owning from the 90s. But then I say that as someone who doesn't like the genre.

It's definitely a good album. I bought the reissue last year. I do not play it very often, but it was a must-buy, for sure.
Old 01.11.2012, 01:52 PM   #29
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
It says alot about the UK music press that my friends were all excited about At the Drive in but virtually none of them had heard of Refused. Ive definitely come to appreciate Shape of punk to come more recently, even though its responsible for spawning some of the most meaningless shit of the last decade.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2012, 03:06 PM   #30
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
so yeah, i m checking out this album.
sticking to my 1st impression, but you know i 'd def dance to that.
although i m not that exposed, those sounds are pretty familiar to my ears. since my early 20s i believe.
so far, i think this was my fav track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bx8IjKG960

yeh thats my favourite track too
Ive grown up with the bands who have been derivatives of Refused who, instead of being pissed off with society and man's inhumanity to man, were pissed off with the injustices of some girl not liking them. Hence I unfairly lumped Refused in with alot of that. They were a more impressive unit than shit like Funeral for a Friend or other such turd that i had to hear (Glice will know what i mean, i suspect)

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2012, 04:45 AM   #31
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Gottabump.

Saw them last friday...fuck man..mindblowing...
It was awesome..
I just hope they don't take this too far..
Old 08.22.2012, 10:57 PM   #32
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
saw them with OFF! just before i left town, but ive never heard of them before until that night. i was there to see OFF! and that was it. i recorded the show as well, but honestally, didn't think they were all that great. which, who knows if anyone here will be like, HOW IN THE FUCK HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THEM BEFORE, alot of that has to do with the fact that i'm very fucking stubborn about what i listen to, and if this is one of those bands that fall into that same "big craze" as Green Day or Offspring from back in the day, then it's no wonder i never heard of them.

i believe it was Kurt Kobain who said, for every 1 band that makes it big. there are 100's of others who are a hell of alot better then the 1 that did

or something along those lines.
i havent even listened to the recording i got yet
but the OFF! show sure turned out really fucking good, for being 3-4-5 rows back and literally standing in the inner ring of the mosh pit.
Dr Chocolate is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2014, 06:39 AM   #33
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

There are rumors in sweden than they are working on an official reunion, new album etc.
Please don't.
Old 11.26.2014, 06:29 PM   #34
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Wouldn't be surprised, their guitarist apparently quit the band recently, so now its not even going to be the full original line-up. Still dig the old music and Shape of Punk to Come is still a great album.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth