Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Coronavirus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2020, 02:19 PM   #1181
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Awareness for others who may want it, but weren't aware of it themselves as a setting.

A fair point.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2020, 09:59 PM   #1182
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Humans are decimating wildlife, and the pandemic is a sign, report says

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2020, 03:46 AM   #1183
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
So, you're simultaneously saying that President Trump was horrible for having tried to prevent panic amongst the general public by means of his public statements, and that the COVID-19 pandemic is a good thing by limiting human encroachment upon wildlife.

Kindly recall that, when the pandemic reached the US, President Trump issued the following:

Proclamation on Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus

while Biden said:

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, and fear-mongering to lead the way instead of science.”

according to this ANTI-TRUMP piece:

Fact-check: Did Biden call Trump ‘xenophobic’ for China travel restrictions?

So, while President Trump was dealing with the probem bv soft-soaping his rhetoric
while attempting to save the US by denying entry to the most likely potential carriers of the virus, the Democrats were accusing him of racism on the basis of the actions which he took.

Yet you seem to be saying that COVID-19 deaths are a good thing for wildlife!

Which side are you on, man?

That'd be a first. Admit it he fucked up on a grand scale and no amount of backtracking and buts can change that.

Sorry not sorry !@#$%!

Old 09.16.2020, 03:49 AM   #1184
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
The new UK government lockdown rules are nonsensical: gatherings of more than six people in households or parks are prohibited but dozens of people in a restaurant or work is fine. Is Boris implying the virus has mutated a new intelligence that knows exactly where you are?
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2020, 07:56 AM   #1185
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'll go and get tested tomorrow here in Zürich.

Hope I don't have it.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2020, 08:37 AM   #1186
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I'll go and get tested tomorrow here in Zürich.

Hope I don't have it.

You feeling like you might have it?

Old 09.16.2020, 08:53 AM   #1187
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I have sore throat and headache and feel a tiny bit unwell.

But more like it's that I have been in contact with a colleague from my team who is sick at the moment, so I'm worried.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 09.16.2020, 04:03 PM   #1188
g.
bad moon rising

g. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have sore throat and headache and feel a tiny bit unwell.

But more like it's that I have been in contact with a colleague from my team who is sick at the moment, so I'm worried.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care and rest up.
g. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2020, 06:08 PM   #1189
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 09.17.2020, 05:56 AM   #1190
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Actually, I feel 100% fit today.
Maybe I was just too tired or some shit yesterday.
The suspicious colleague was proven Covid negative, so I'm relieved.

Thanks for caring, my people

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 09.17.2020, 06:06 AM   #1191
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

This is a wonderful report, such a blessing to hear!

I had four colleagues out with positive test at the end of June. When you have that uneasy queasy feeling, every sniffle and sneeze is magnified in our minds. Fortunately, three of my colleagues remained asymptotic and the fourth colleague never had to be hospitalized.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2020, 09:14 AM   #1192
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:

Great news, _slavo_. Rock on!

Old 09.18.2020, 08:01 AM   #1193
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Cosy covid life affirming story corner.
After not being able to taste food for a brief moment I thought I had contracted the big C (other big C move over innit there's a new big C in town, not to mention the syg big Cuntsss n all...eh? Foken eh? Arnly joking). Thankfully as it turns out I'm just a shit chef.

There's quite a few confirmed cases in the office where I work so it's a good job I'm one of them home working hermit's these days. The area where I live is the worst hit in the country now and a total lockdown may be imminent. It's fine however; Scotch and kentucky bourbon supplies are stocked to amazingly toxic levels with double (lol) punk brewdog 8 odd % alcohol cans in full effect to handle these life-trying tribulations - so life as you were then.

Method + conclusion
Covid is shit, yet without it I wouldn't have been able to spend days in the garden getting drunk whilst getting paid or been able to unceremoniously lap up the countries round of applause every Thursday at 8 from my lounge window.

Hijab wearing nutters, no longer nutters but instead a dignified solidarity between the mind and the Cunting public.

It's nay wonder this place is facing another lockdown when the assistants in morrisons ask you to pull your mask down when buying booze. I wonder if they do this to hijab wearers? Which raises a question; has a Muslim woman wearing a hijab ever bought booze from *any morrisons?

The end?

* cos' conglomerate Corp. so it would be 'any' as opposed to just local

Next week's episode: I fucking love covid me, and it will kill you, by floatingslowly**

** where is he anyway?!
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2020, 12:19 PM   #1194
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
It's fine however; Scotch and kentucky bourbon supplies are stocked to amazingly toxic levels with double (lol) punk brewdog 8 odd % alcohol cans in full effect to handle these life-trying tribulations - so life as you were then.

https://www.heavensdoor.com/whiskey

Old 09.19.2020, 06:56 PM   #1195
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Australian corona flight 'to nowhere' sold out immediately

An Australian 'flight to nowhere' from airline Qantas was sold out in 10 minutes. The trip, which starts and ends in Sydney, is a seven-hour scenic flight for travelers who are disappointed to be grounded by corona.

Normally used only for intercontinental flights, a Dreamliner will depart on October 10 with 150 passengers on board for a trip to Australian attractions such as the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru Rock and Sydney Harbor. According to Qantas, it is an ideal way to find inspiration for a domestic holiday, if the corona restrictions make it possible again.

With no landings anywhere, travelers circumvent the strict corona rules that apply Down Under: borders are closed and domestic travel restrictions apply. However, passengers on board are asked to wear masks. A health statement may be added to this.

Generating income

In addition to the beautiful view, passengers also receive the special Qantas pajamas on board, a chef's lunch and a special certificate. The price of a ticket started at 500 euros, a seat in business class cost 2300 euros.

For Qantas, the scenic flight is an innovative way to generate income now that many planes are forced to ground. The airline has to cut 6,000 jobs to cut costs and is considering relocating its headquarters as it downsizes.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2020, 01:05 PM   #1196
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Zakaria's latest Washington Post column:

Quote:
American Exceptionalism Is Costing Lives

What sets apart countries that successfully handled the pandemic? Failure.

What explains why some countries have handled the covid-19 pandemic well and others have done poorly? It’s a complicated question, but if we look at the place that has arguably had the greatest success, the answer is failure.

Taiwan gets the gold medal for its coronavirus strategy. It has close ties with mainland China, where the disease originated, receiving almost 3 million visitors from there in a typical year. It is a densely populated land, and Taipei, the capital city, has crowded public transit. And yet, with a population of nearly 24 million, Taiwan has had just seven deaths. New York state, with a smaller population, has had 33,000.

Taiwan’s greatest asset turns out to be its failed response to a pandemic in 2003, SARS, which taught it many important lessons. SARS was a respiratory virus, less contagious than covid-19 but more deadly. SARS also came out of China, where authorities bungled the initial response and withheld information from the outside world. The Taiwanese were caught unprepared and made several mistakes. In the aftermath, they totally overhauled their pandemic preparedness procedures. They ensured they had adequate supplies of equipment on hand. They made plans to act early, smartly and aggressively.

Many Asia-Pacific countries have succeeded against covid-19 — South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia. All were hit by SARS or witnessed its economic damage, and they learned from the experience. The only non-Asian country with a SARS outbreak was Canada, and it, too, changed its procedures after 2003 and took precautions. Even China learned a great deal from its disastrous SARS response, and, despite early stumbles this time, Beijing has managed to crush covid-19 so completely that the disease has virtually disappeared from the country where it began. SARS doesn’t explain the success of every country that has handled covid-19 well, but it reveals an important aspect of the story.

Consider, on the other hand, countries that have handled covid-19 badly. Anthropologist Martha Lincoln, writing in Nature, points out that several of these countries tend to think of themselves as exceptional in some way. She notes that the United States, Britain, Brazil and Chile all have strong national narratives that see themselves as separate, distinct and better than others. The United States is notorious for this attitude, but that is, after all, also the motivation behind Britain’s desire to leave the European Union. Brazil, meanwhile, believes it enjoys good fortune because “God is Brazilian,” and Chile is smug about being the region’s economic superstar.

That sense of being special makes a country unlikely to adopt the standard attitude of any business when confronting a challenge — to look for best practices. Bill Gates recently wrote that he has always approached problem-solving by starting with two fundamental questions: “Who has dealt with this problem well? And what can we learn from them?” He suggests that we apply the same philosophy to the pandemic.

And yet the United States is remarkably uninterested in how other countries approach similar challenges. Dozens of advanced countries have health-care systems that deliver better results at half the cost of America’s. Most have a fraction of our homicide rates. Many much poorer countries have better infrastructure, which they build at far lower cost. They ensure that money does not dominate their elections. Not only do we not learn from them, we barely bother to look.

In an essay in Foreign Affairs, Jeremy Konyndyk argues that “American exceptionalism — the notion that the United States is unique among nations and that the American way is invariably the best — has blinded the country’s leaders (and many of its citizens) to potentially lifesaving lessons from other countries.” He quotes the eminent U.S. historian Eric Foner, who once explained that American exceptionalism translates into “hubris and closed-mindedness, and . . . ignorance about the rest of the world. Since the United States is so exceptional, there is no point in learning about other societies.” Konyndyk concludes: “That mentality is now costing American lives.” I fear he may be right.

Old 09.21.2020, 04:02 PM   #1197
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Interesting stuff...

How South Korea is Navigating Live Music During the Pandemic

Old 09.22.2020, 11:52 AM   #1198
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Hurray! We are ramping up the precautions again, in preparation for the second wave. Today's reproduction number is 1.33 and also hospitalizations are increasing (slightly but still)
At the same time, a bunch of artists, mostly that have a large fanbase under the young people, started a campaign on social media that they are no longer cooperating with all the social distancing and other regulations. It's all those artists and cunts that call themselves "influencer" but have really no brain cell left.
You might know Mental Theo. Well, him and similar no brainers.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 01:31 PM   #1199
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
got tested negative. on of our colleagues got it, so we all had to go for da test. I am working in a small branch, but it seems like we are going to split into 2 groups, which wont get in contact and will be swapping home office/office on weekly basis as a precaution. hmm i wonder how it will work with flue season coming. should be fun.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2020, 03:01 PM   #1200
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

From Business Insider:

Quote:
This video shows a crowd of anti-maskers 'invading' a Target in Fort Lauderdale, yelling 'take your masks off' and 'we're not going to take it anymore'

Marisa Folz, a 28-year-old boutique owner from Florida, was shopping with her mother and aunt at a Target in Fort Lauderdale Tuesday evening when she heard chanting and screaming coming from a few aisles over. She stopped and looked around the store and then a large group of anti-mask protesters rounded the corner.

"Take off your masks," a blonde woman leading the group shouted, pumping the air with the balled-up mask held in her fist. "We aren't going to take it anymore!"

Another man, dressed in a red "Make America Great Again" t-shirt, carried a speaker playing rock music above his head and gestured for another patron to de-mask and join in. "Yeah, we got someone!" he said excitedly.

Since the outbreak of COVID-19, mask-wearing has been politicized, mutating from a public health measure to a cultural statement. In Washington, politicians have flip-flopped their stances on masks. In supermarkets, mask-compliance has sparked stand-offs between customers and employees. In July, a French bus driver was beaten to death by passengers that refused to wear masks.

The Fort Lauderdale group, composed of about 11 people according to Folz's video, spanned from young men in "Make America Great Again" hats and t-shirts to young women to a little boy.

The Fort Lauderdale Target has an explicit mask policy, with a sign outside the door that tells customers: "Face coverings are required by order of Broward County; all guests must be wearing a face covering to enter the building."

"I was in shock. This is disgusting," Folz said in an interview with Business Insider. "They weren't angry at all. It seemed like a joke to them."
A nurse looking on at the scene said that she worked in a hospital's COVID-19 ward, and commented, "That's so disrespectful," according to Folz.

As the group passed, a message came over the intercom asking the group to leave, Folz said. At that point, her family decided to distance themselves from the group. Folz's mother said, "Let me get my toothpaste... and let's get the hell out of here," according to Folz.

At checkout, she noticed that a few police cars were parked outside the store, lights flashing. Folz showed a police officer the video she took, but was told that there was nothing the police could do, as law enforcement was too late to the scene, Folz said. The officer encouraged her to post the video online and let social media do its work, she said.

"Target requires guests to wear masks whenever they're shopping in our stores. Our priority remains the health and safety of our team and guests and we communicate our mask requirement through signs in our stores, overhead announcements and reminders from team members at the front of our stores," a Target spokesperson said in a statement to Business Insider. "We're aware of the group of guests who came into the store last night and we asked them to leave after they removed their masks and became disruptive and rude to other shoppers."

50575859 60 61626370 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth