Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Just curious...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.17.2010, 05:52 PM   #21
perverzion
little trouble girl

perverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
1. How and/or who turned turned you on to SY? (apologies.I know it's been asked before)
2. What was yr favorite band before that?
3. Are yr mom and/or dad into SY? Are you into anything THEY listen to?

1. It was year 2005, I guess. After watching "Fight Club" I started to listen to Pixies. At some Russian web-site I've read that music they are playing is called indie and there was a list of other indie bands. I've decided to try Sonic Youth, cuz apparently they did make a song about Charlie Manson in whom I was really interested at the time. At first I didn't like SY at all, but I've downloaded their albums (illegally - granted) from the internet and back then with dial-up it was kind of a big deal to me, so I didn't want to just delete it.. So I forced myself to listen thru all that once again.. and after awhile I didn't have to force myself anymore. I think "Cotton Crown" made it to me.
2. Marilyn Manson.
3. Never tried to hook 'em up... I don'y think so.
perverzion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 05:55 PM   #22
Shloonktapooxis
empty page

Shloonktapooxis has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
1. How and/or who turned turned you on to SY? (apologies.I know it's been asked before)

1. I kept hearing about them everywhere, their name sounded cool, and what I heard on the radio was fantastic. So I went out and bought Sister and Experimental Jet Set Trash and No Star. I've been hooked ever since.
2. Nirvana
3. Parents didn't like them, but they do like Beck.
Shloonktapooxis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 07:25 PM   #23
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
1. Brother gave me a tape of EJSTANS. Thought they would be a weirdo acoustic pseudo folk band when I heard Winner's Blues. I thought Bull in the Heather was the weirdest song in the world with the bass scrapes and weird guitars. Loved it.
2. Uh, probably Dinosaur Jr.
3. My dad couldn't give two shits about anything that isn't Steely Dan or Doobie Brothers. And my Mom says Sonic most of the time makes her physically ill. Having three kids who all love the band must be strenuous on her. But she fucking loves Kim's Chords. Makes me laugh.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 08:10 PM   #24
[Sandbag]
100%

[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses
1. How and/or who turned turned you on to SY?
I was a Radiohead fan, and 'Permanent Daylight' was my favourite song... it is the best song ever written... I wanted to find more about that song (it's a b-side) so I looked up and found out it was supposedly written as a tribute to Sonic Youth.. My sister told me she knew them and made me listen to 'The Diamond Sea'.. later I got 'Daydream Nation' and loved it. I got all of their records.. Now they're probably my favourite band ever.

Radiohead and Nirvana

They're cool with it, they don't really listen to Sonic Youth, but they like the songs. They both have good musical taste.. Mum was the person who made me love Nirvana..
[Sandbag] is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth