Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth in Dublin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2009, 06:25 PM   #21
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
that's what i was thinking about: 'cause it sells so quickly, they might put out the pavilion stage again for Sonic youth, MBV, DLS etc...

still hoping for just two stages (and the saloon) like last time.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 06:59 PM   #22
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
From what I've learned the Pavillion stage has volume restrictions, so My Bloody Valentine definitely won't be playing the Pavillion stage. They're way too loud. For that same reason Sleep and The Jesus Lizard also played the Centre stage twice during the ATP vs The Fans last month.

I think (hope!) SY are considered to be too loud for the Pavillion stage as well, so I reckon that they'll also be playing the Centre stage twice instead. Hopefully without wristband restrictions, like with Sleep and The Jesus Lizard, but of course Sonic Youth are way more popular than those bands.

I've heard about (early) plans of MBV playing the Centre stage on all three nights to make sure everyone will be able to see them; Don't know if that idea is still on, but I was kind of hoping for SY to play all three nights as well... wouldn't be very likely, I'll admit, because they're not the ones curating it, and if they're already playing in Dublin on the 6th then it's definitely not going to happen.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2009, 03:09 AM   #23
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I guess this means Sonic Youth will play ATP on Friday and Saturday?

Unless they'll be playing just one show at the Pavillion stage, which would be horrible.

that means that yes.

Pavillion stage is the main one?

so you're coming again?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2009, 03:30 AM   #24
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
From what I've learned the Pavillion stage has volume restrictions, so My Bloody Valentine definitely won't be playing the Pavillion stage. They're way too loud. For that same reason Sleep and The Jesus Lizard also played the Centre stage twice during the ATP vs The Fans last month.

I think (hope!) SY are considered to be too loud for the Pavillion stage as well, so I reckon that they'll also be playing the Centre stage twice instead. Hopefully without wristband restrictions, like with Sleep and The Jesus Lizard, but of course Sonic Youth are way more popular than those bands.

I've heard about (early) plans of MBV playing the Centre stage on all three nights to make sure everyone will be able to see them; Don't know if that idea is still on, but I was kind of hoping for SY to play all three nights as well... wouldn't be very likely, I'll admit, because they're not the ones curating it, and if they're already playing in Dublin on the 6th then it's definitely not going to happen.

last time there was a wristband control during fantomas, butthole surfers etc, but somehow i got in twice during butthole surfers and fantomas...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2009, 08:00 PM   #25
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
But that was an ATP where they sold less tickets than usually, right? I think it's going to be pretty packed during SY at this one... but I reckon they'll probably still let you in with a different colour wristband after it has started and the room's not filled yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
Pavillion stage is the main one?

The Pavillion stage is inside the Pavillion, right where the Burger King/Pizza Hut/etc are:

It's the biggest stage, but it wasn't there during Thurston's ATP in 2006. The biggest stage then was the Centre stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
so you're coming again?
I'll be coming... to smack Kevin Shields out of the late 80's/early 90's.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 02:48 AM   #26
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, that's why I didn't know, coz there was not such a stage @ Thurston's ATP. I see now what you mean about the sound.

Old 06.12.2009, 03:05 AM   #27
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Right. Now maybe I'm think but I logged into Ticketmaster right on 9am and there were no seated tickets left. I got two standing alright, but do these tickets even go on sale?
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 03:23 AM   #28
greenlight
invito al cielo

I bought 2 tickets for standing as well. never try seated option, 48 eur. something, right? none of them were left? weird. yeah, I don't know. it doesn't bother me so much.....weird but.

Old 06.12.2009, 03:33 AM   #29
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
I must be thick. I typed think instead of thick.
And standing bothers me not a jot. There are only about 150 seats seated upstairs anyway, by my recoking. Might drop into Sound Cellar later, see whether they got any.
Old 06.12.2009, 03:41 AM   #30
greenlight
invito al cielo

only 150? so they might be gone alright.
*edit*
maybe 98 fm got them all for their radio shows hahahaha.

Old 06.12.2009, 06:40 AM   #31
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
bought mine! got it at 9.45 am in weford but had to join the throngs of miley syrus ticket buying m=ums who camped on wexfords main st since 2 am to get a ticket and then were told "sorry she sold out". wet and ticketless, no fags and sore..... go on the mums of the world!!!!

anyhoo.... i got my ticket and what suprised me is that i was one of 10 people in the queue buying sy tickets! 10 wexford people buying sy tickets at the same time???? strange but yeah, ill give the show less than a week to sell out.. as for upstairs..fuck that shit.... right front of stage as the crowd sees it...illbe there unless i get detracted by lar again and end up hanging by the merchandise stand talking of haino!
Old 06.12.2009, 07:48 AM   #32
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
But that was an ATP where they sold less tickets than usually, right? I think it's going to be pretty packed during SY at this one... but I reckon they'll probably still let you in with a different colour wristband after it has started and the room's not filled yet.

The Pavillion stage is inside the Pavillion, right where the Burger King/Pizza Hut/etc are:

It's the biggest stage, but it wasn't there during Thurston's ATP in 2006. The biggest stage then was the Centre stage.

I'll be coming... to smack Kevin Shields out of the late 80's/early 90's.

They had it for the Explosions in the sky one. That didn't sell out half as quick as this has one has. To be honest, I think it's probably up to the curator whether they want it up or not.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 11:14 AM   #33
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
They had it for the Explosions in the sky one. That didn't sell out half as quick as this has one has. To be honest, I think it's probably up to the curator whether they want it up or not.

Don't imagine its the curator, so much as the promoter. Not having that stage would seriously restrict the capacity for the festival. Its been a permanent fixture at all the ATP's there since Thurston's (as an attempt to avoid the capacity issues in the venues that weekend), apart from the Melvins/patton one. I suspect they decision not to have it there was helped by low ticket sales.
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 01:58 PM   #34
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking Miley cyrus nearly cost me my standing tickets. there were about Sixty people queuing in the rain since 5AM. I was able to negotiate my way to the front by proudly saying, "I'm not queuing for Miley, but Sonic Youth." Picked up my copy of The Eternal as well. Happy Times!!
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 05:51 PM   #35
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha! where you were at the hanna montana mums were obviously less tired and drenched then in wexford... i was quite swiftly told where to go and stick my metal bands tickets when i said the same thing!!!!

by the way seemingly only a couple of hundred tickets left! man i knew they would sell fast but not that fast, shows how big a deal this gig is to ireland... it may seem odd to the americans or even the british but when a band like sy comes to ireland its almost a national social activity! i mean face book is full of sy shit at the moment...at least mine is!
Old 06.12.2009, 06:27 PM   #36
greenlight
invito al cielo

where's ithinkimissyou...

Old 06.12.2009, 08:03 PM   #37
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
ha!

by the way seemingly only a couple of hundred tickets left! man i knew they would sell fast but not that fast, shows how big a deal this gig is to ireland... it may seem odd to the americans or even the british but when a band like sy comes to ireland its almost a national social activity! i mean face book is full of sy shit at the moment...at least mine is!

I'm seeing it all around. everyone working in tower records asked me when they saw the eternal in my hands if I was going to the gig. It's gonna be so good. I was so paranoid about not getting tickets I didn't tell anyone I knew just in case. once I had them I spread the word telling people to come.
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2009, 04:52 AM   #38
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

i told people tho, and told them to go and get their tickets yesterday.... every sy gig ive been to the same heads turn up to it and this one will be the same..... thats one thing i loveb about ireland... these gigs turn into some kind of social event!
Old 06.13.2009, 04:53 AM   #39
Semperet
little trouble girl

Did you secure the Daymount show yet Paul?
Old 06.13.2009, 08:22 AM   #40
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i told people tho, and told them to go and get their tickets yesterday.... every sy gig ive been to the same heads turn up to it and this one will be the same..... thats one thing i loveb about ireland... these gigs turn into some kind of social event!

I really want to go
I suppose ATP might just about make up for it - there better be some good stuff happening on the Sunday night though!
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth