Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page No New England Dates?!?!?!?!?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.07.2009, 10:42 PM   #1
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
OK, please tell me why SY arent touring the New England area! Are they crazy? Tennessee gets 2 shows and all of NE gets zip? First Dinosaur Jr snubbs us and now Sonic Youth. Not cool. I have to drive 200 miles to see them now. Thats fucked up. Seriously, half of the band lives in Massachusetts already.

New England, especially Boston, has supported them for a long while now and to be left out for some fucking southerners really offends me. I mean, I just dont get it. It's not like it's hard for a legendary band like Sonic Youth to get a gig in Massachusetts; Boston, Cambridge, Northampton, Easthampton, Amherst and Worcester are all big college communites and have large numbers of alt-rock fans with enough SY fans among them to warrant us even a quick one night visit. But no, we were snubbed for fuckin Royal Oak, Michigan (a town that I've never even heard of with a total population of 60k), Birmingham, Alabama (which I'm almost positive still believes that the War Betwixt the States still rages on) and Tulsa, Oklahoma, a place more associated with football and fag-drags than noise-rock.

So thank you, Sonic Youth for literally turning your backs on your OWN BACK YARD and leaving all of New England holding their dicks in their hands. You are responsible for my rock and roll blue balls.

p.s. If SY end up touring in New England just ignore this post and lets all just pretend like this never happens, see?

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 07:12 AM   #2
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure they will. They just havent posted those dates yet. There's always a Boston show. Usually a RI. and a shit-ton of short-notice Northampton shows.
Old 06.08.2009, 02:19 PM   #3
hooligan37
little trouble girl

hooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
OK, please tell me why SY arent touring the New England area! Are they crazy? Tennessee gets 2 shows and all of NE gets zip? First Dinosaur Jr snubbs us and now Sonic Youth. Not cool. I have to drive 200 miles to see them now. Thats fucked up. Seriously, half of the band lives in Massachusetts already.

New England, especially Boston, has supported them for a long while now and to be left out for some fucking southerners really offends me. I mean, I just dont get it. It's not like it's hard for a legendary band like Sonic Youth to get a gig in Massachusetts; Boston, Cambridge, Northampton, Easthampton, Amherst and Worcester are all big college communites and have large numbers of alt-rock fans with enough SY fans among them to warrant us even a quick one night visit. But no, we were snubbed for fuckin Royal Oak, Michigan (a town that I've never even heard of with a total population of 60k), Birmingham, Alabama (which I'm almost positive still believes that the War Betwixt the States still rages on) and Tulsa, Oklahoma, a place more associated with football and fag-drags than noise-rock.

So thank you, Sonic Youth for literally turning your backs on your OWN BACK YARD and leaving all of New England holding their dicks in their hands. You are responsible for my rock and roll blue balls.

p.s. If SY end up touring in New England just ignore this post and lets all just pretend like this never happens, see?

Ya, I hear ya. I said something a while ago when the tour listed for the first time. Shocked nothing around here. Not only do I see them here for Boston and Providence, but I've been going to the New York shows the last 3 years. So hope they post a date soon. I figure it could be because they tored turn the venues they used to play on Landsdowne St and built a huge house of Blues. Maybe HOB doesnt want them to play there or they are all booked. But the Roxy is still avalible. I dont know, but got my fingers crossed.
hooligan37 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 02:41 PM   #4
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
The closest they are playing to Pittsburgh is Toronto and Philly

No Pittsburgh, no Buffalo, no Cleveland.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2009, 01:36 AM   #5
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan37
Ya, I hear ya. I said something a while ago when the tour listed for the first time. Shocked nothing around here. Not only do I see them here for Boston and Providence, but I've been going to the New York shows the last 3 years. So hope they post a date soon. I figure it could be because they tored turn the venues they used to play on Landsdowne St and built a huge house of Blues. Maybe HOB doesnt want them to play there or they are all booked. But the Roxy is still avalible. I dont know, but got my fingers crossed.

Yeah, I used to go see them play at the Avalon on Lansdowne numerous times. It was kind of a shitty venue though; crowded location (literally across the street from Fenway so if you wanted to see a show on game day forget about it), bad & expensive parking, early curfew (the place turned into a discotheque at 10 pm effectively ending every great show 3 hours too early) and just an all around standard club, just not the environment most conducive for a experimental noise-rock band.

Old 06.13.2009, 08:52 AM   #6
thom_violence
empty page

thom_violence has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
A show at the Paradise would be pretty rockin.
thom_violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2009, 02:43 AM   #7
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom_violence
A show at the Paradise would be pretty rockin.

It would indeed. I just saw Meat Puppets there last week and I have to say I enjoyed the show alot. They played a lot of material off the new album Sewn Together unlike last time I saw them on tour in support of Rise to Your Knees.

My only concern would be that Paradise wouldnt be able to hold as many people for SY in a Boston show. A slightly larger venue would probably be needed.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth