Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lightbulb debut recording!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Coco Moore, Rozee Leon and Addie Coley's band to release a studio album soon:

http://www.heresee.com/lightbulb.htm

This is the release we have all been waiting for.... technically they are 12 now, but this was recorded when they were 11 and it is a mindblower. Coming soonish will be their studio album which is already recorded and just needs to be mixed down (by master mixer tharper) and pressed. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
hs 072 cdr
lightbulb: live first show
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 05:16 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Coco Mo.

Hilarious.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 05:21 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh god no. children of artists should go on to different fields. even if it's art, but something unsoiled by the parents. o well.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
please say its not true.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 07:57 PM   #5
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
That´s one hell of an amazing success for a band compossed by teenagers.

But i kind of feel like this is something that pretty well could have been posted on April Fool´s Day or something.

April Fools Day? but apparantely this is a real band...
i think its cool, let them do what they want i'm sure thats what their parents are allowing them to do and its something fun and constructive and not something mundane and typical like playing video games and barbie dolls.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 08:24 PM   #6
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh god no. children of artists should go on to different fields. even if it's art, but something unsoiled by the parents. o well.

Good point, I see where you're going.

BUT

I think that regardless of Kim and Thurston's ''stature'' in the music industry, if Kim and Thurston were the same people just not in a band, Coco would still probably be doing what she is.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 09:52 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Good point, I see where you're going.

BUT

I think that regardless of Kim and Thurston's ''stature'' in the music industry, if Kim and Thurston were the same people just not in a band, Coco would still probably be doing what she is.

i don't know. where are picasso's children? one used to make perfumes i think. where are joyce's children? making up lawsuits. is kiefer sutherland as good as donald is/was? living under the shadow of a successful parent is difficult enough, attempting to be successful in the same field, well. is martin amis half the writer kingsley was? need i mention sean lennon? what about the other, even more obscure? on the other hand, alexander calder came from a family of engineers.

but anyway, they are kids, they are playing, what the hell! as long as it remains child's play and nobody tries to sell me a "band", because then unfortunately comparisons ensue.

nicolas cage who used to be a good actor had the good sense of changing his "coppola" last name.

i dont know, im just rambling, i wish them the most wonderful life & hence my nosy & unrequested concern.

on a vaguely related note, last night i watch the milkman ballet that those school kids put together, and it was absolutely wonderful.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2007, 12:33 AM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I love how they switch instruments.....fucking right.
Old 04.20.2007, 04:11 AM   #9
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I would always encourage my kids (If I had any) to get into the arts. Painting, music, etc.
It's a good thing and I wish them the best.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2007, 04:35 AM   #10
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I have no idea what they sound like, but if the album is good, everyone is gonna say "Thurston wrote all their songs!" !
Anyways, I think that Coco (with her bandmates, whoever they are...) have all the rights in this world to start a band and record something and have a label willing to put out their stuff, after all if it's good stuff we'll listen and have fun , if it's bad nobody will force you to listen it.
I'm pretty sure every single kid in the world would start a band if in his/her house there were "available" like 40 guitars and 30 basses (what the fu*k is the bass in that pic???).
My only hope, if they're bad I don't want SY to bring them around as their opening act .
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2007, 04:45 AM   #11
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I would always encourage my kids (If I had any) to get into the arts. Painting, music, etc.

Absolutely. My problem is that I'm very unartistic and unmusical myself.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2007, 05:09 AM   #12
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
ha! there is a track of theirs on the Ecstatic Peace Sweet Release # 3. It's actually quite decent! Sort of like Shaggs or something. Also included on that disc is a fantastic video of Vashti Bashers which is J Mascis and two other cats on drums plus Dredd Foole on reverb soaked vocals. Totally life-affirming.
Old 04.20.2007, 05:19 AM   #13
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Wasn't Cody Ranaldo briefly in a band, with Jad Fair's kid (or possibly with Jad Fair himself)? I seem to remember some sort of a Kurt Cobain tribute song.

EDIT - Yes, it was The Stinky Puffs.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2007, 07:37 PM   #14
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
battle of the bands (sonic progeny episode): stinky puffs VS. lightbulb

Go!
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 04:13 AM   #15
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i wish the girls all the best in their lightbulb world... i think its great!
Old 04.21.2007, 04:25 AM   #16
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's great for them but I can't stop thinking that this isn't going to work out.
Old 04.21.2007, 04:29 AM   #17
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
For justin and britney it worked.
(ha ha, it's a joke.)
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 05:12 AM   #18
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Can you listen to their songs somewhere?
Old 04.21.2007, 12:07 PM   #19
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
I think it's great for them but I can't stop thinking that this isn't going to work out.

i dont think this is a serious job opportunity for the moore/gordon foundation or anything. how many of you guys wee in bands at 15, how many of you guys made it from the same band at 15? the kids are gonna have some fun and noisy fun, that is what this is about, thats what bands should be about. the excitementof a 15 year old starting up a band is brilliant for them regardless of their talent....... it does help that they have ready access to a warehouse of equipment instruments and indeed influences......

btw, is that coley girl byrons daughter??????????????????
Old 04.21.2007, 12:21 PM   #20
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i dont think this is a serious job opportunity for the moore/gordon foundation or anything. how many of you guys wee in bands at 15, how many of you guys made it from the same band at 15? the kids are gonna have some fun and noisy fun, that is what this is about, thats what bands should be about. the excitementof a 15 year old starting up a band is brilliant for them regardless of their talent....... it does help that they have ready access to a warehouse of equipment instruments and indeed influences......

btw, is that coley girl byrons daughter??????????????????

yes it is...i remember thurston saying in an interview she and coco were
born in the same week in '94.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth