Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.28.2009, 10:28 AM   #181
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
It says on the schedule site that you get a choice. I really hope you do. If I get allocated MBV while Lightning Bolt are playing I'll be mega pissed off.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2009, 10:50 AM   #182
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
hmmmm Primal Scream or Yo La Tengo? they're on in the same time. well I've seen Yo La Tengo this summer, never Primial Scream....decisions, decisions.

Come rock out with me at the Scream. They've got a great live set these days, actually playing more from XTRMTR than their newer albums. Plus bear in mind their gig will almost definately feature Kevin Shields on guitar.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2009, 01:55 PM   #183
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Come rock out with me at the Scream. They've got a great live set these days, actually playing more from XTRMTR than their newer albums. Plus bear in mind their gig will almost definately feature Kevin Shields on guitar.

i will go with you, mate. yo la tengo plays boring music these days.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2009, 02:33 PM   #184
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here

decided I guess!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2009, 02:36 PM   #185
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
decided I guess!

Yay!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2009, 03:27 PM   #186
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still really torn on the issue, but I suspect I'll go with Yo La Tengo, as I've never seen them before and have always wanted too...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2009, 04:08 PM   #187
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
YLT were one of the highlights of ATP NY in '08.

Wish I could be over there with you guys for this one...
Old 11.29.2009, 06:50 AM   #188
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I wish you could be there too, Jenn... it would have made great material for No Setlist Part Deux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666

Oh great... Sonic Youth are playing the fucking Burger King stage.

Godverdomme.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2009, 06:52 AM   #189
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Look, I'm sorry, maybe my expectations are way of for a festival, but this seems a long fucking way from a "shit lineup". I mean sure, it's no ATP New York 2008, but as someone who's only seen SY live once, never seen MBV, never seen Yo La Tengo, never seen Lightning Bolt, ETC, this looks like a damn amazing weekend to me. Even though, sure, there aren't that many "OMG AMAZING" bands there, pretty much all the acts will be enjoyable to see I'm sure, and hell, it's still 3 days of at least decent loud rocking music, in Butlins, which to me is a recipe for awesome under any circumstance. Quit yer bellyaching!

Yo Earl, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Thurston had one of the best ATPs of all time!!!!! Of all time!!!!!!!

Seriously though, don't let a miserable bastard like me ruin your anticipation. It's going to be a wonderful weekend.

ATP is awesome, always and ever.
Old 11.29.2009, 07:41 AM   #190
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
looks like there's going to be a massive SYG party taking place in one of the chalets.

I'm going to get massively drunk, humiliate blunderbuss at go-karting, call you a kokot and more, dance in the rain and piss in Nefeli's bed.
Old 11.29.2009, 10:31 AM   #191
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie

Oh great... Sonic Youth are playing the fucking Burger King stage.

Godverdomme.

Sonic Youth + Burger King = 2 of my favourite things.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2009, 10:37 AM   #192
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
The first time I ever heard "Daydream Nation" I was eating Burger King food.

That was a loooooooooooooong time ago.
Old 11.29.2009, 11:31 AM   #193
londondaydream
empty page

londondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asses
it seems I'm going to have a little trouble actually getting there.. all bustickets have sold out! Anyone driving from Bristol/Taunton or somewhere close? either thursday evening or friday would do.. Would be much appreciated!
londondaydream is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2009, 05:20 PM   #194
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
Sonic Youth + Burger King = 2 of my favourite things.

Good news for you: at the Burger King stage you'll be able to enjoy your double whopper with extra cheese and twister fries while watching Sonic Youth from a distance.

I'm a bit surprised they're playing the Pavillion thing though, I was expecting (and hoping) them to play the Centre stage twice (with a wristband system) like in 2006.
Old 11.29.2009, 05:22 PM   #195
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by londondaydream
it seems I'm going to have a little trouble actually getting there.. all bustickets have sold out! Anyone driving from Bristol/Taunton or somewhere close? either thursday evening or friday would do.. Would be much appreciated!

At the railway station in Taunton you can catch a public bus (line 28), which ends right in front of the entrance of Butlins in Minehead. It takes about 75 minutes or so and costs less than 6 pounds.
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/sout...or=3&source=sp
Old 11.30.2009, 04:25 AM   #196
londondaydream
empty page

londondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asses
ok, pfiew. do you think it will be neccesary to book train tickets for Bristol - Taunton?
UK railway system is soo confusing..
londondaydream is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2009, 09:02 AM   #197
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i wont weight less in one or the other.

that's true, but at the pavillion stage i'll have to throw you over a much greater distance...

it's been a while since i last practiced midget throwing, so i'm worried i'll only be able to reach about 20-25 meters. that's not going to get you anywhere near the front.
Old 11.30.2009, 09:54 AM   #198
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
"midget throwing"

ty kokot

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2009, 07:25 PM   #199
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Im coming all the way from Argentina for this festival, invite me to any of the happenings going there!
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2009, 11:53 AM   #200
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
UPDATE on 1st DEC: Le Volume Courbe play at a later time on Saturday. Th' Faith Healers and mum play at a later time and play longer sets on Sunday. School Of Seven Bells now play Centre Stage on Sunday.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth