Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Black One by Sunn O)))
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2008, 08:57 PM   #21
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
I finally have this and I like it. Minutes ago I was listening to "Orthodox Caveman" in the only car my family has with a decent sound system. It put such a grim expression on my face that grew heavier as the song progressed. My favorite moment on the whole album is probably the... I guess it's the "whiteout" provided by John Wiese on "Cursed Realms (of the Winterdemons)": talk about three-dimensional! Usually I listen to the album in the living room with the boombox on the floor behind the computer. So whenever I listen to "Báthory Erzsébet", and Malefic is "singing", it sounds like he's risen from below to do horrible things to my feet. I heard that his vocals were recorded while he was inside of a coffin, and there really is a subterranean quality to his vocals.

Black One is really one of the calmest dark pieces music I've ever heard. And I guess when I say that I mean, when I listen to it, I'm motionless. But, uh, the repetition is pretty hypnotic.

Up next is Subliminal Genocide by Xasthur.
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth