Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VII
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.22.2018, 01:56 PM   #141
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Dr Octagon - Moosebumps

Wtf is this???

Well, first off, it’s a song from “Dr. Octogonecologist.” But I think you knew that. You must have known that, because if I recall correctly, a mutual love of that album is one of the things that brought the OG café group together in the first place.

But since you mention it, I googled it. Apparently Kool Keith is reuniting with Dan the Automator and DJ Qbert for a new album called “Moosebumps: An Exploration Into Modern Day Horripilation.” I guess they’re using the Dr. Octagon moniker, which is exciting, but chances are it won’t compare even a little bit to the aforementioned classic.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ctagon-w516791
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2018, 03:53 PM   #142
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
yes of course I was referring to this new project, and not the song from the album that I've been listening to since I was a sophomore in high school. :|
Old 02.22.2018, 04:44 PM   #143
shola420
empty page

shola420 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
yo
there's a sick band called shellac, great sound
if anyone hasn't heard of them you should give them a listen!
saw them live n the front man steve albini was having the deepest monolouges after each song it was f incredible.
anyone have any bands they can suggest that r similar
always looking for new bands to listen to!!!!!! :')
shola420 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2018, 06:59 PM   #144
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
yes of course I was referring to this new project, and not the song from the album that I've been listening to since I was a sophomore in high school. :|

Stitch up your asshole brother. I said as much already!
Old 02.22.2018, 07:42 PM   #145
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Come at me bro
Old 02.22.2018, 09:15 PM   #146
Severian
invito al cielo

Hey this is gonna sound really bad, but am I the only one who *kinda* likes that “Icon” song by Jayden Smith?

I mean... not the rapping — Sounds like he’s aping the laziest flow from the laziest tracks of about five different rappers — but that intro is dope, right? The loop and the beat are dope, yes? Can I say this an not eat shit?

I’m surprised. I’ve been meaning to mention it for a while, but I kee forgetting (also I’m embarrassed), but I’m legitimately surprised that such a shallow little famous-guy-Rap-dabbler chose such a sick instrumental track for his first big single. Because that shit is sick. It’s like something you’d hear on the Blueprint III — just, like, very bombastic and also sharp as hell.

Sorry I guess I kinda like a Jayden Smith song.
Old 02.23.2018, 04:45 PM   #147
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Danny Wolf made a Noisey Mix "It’s just aux-cord sauce—really some shit you can play with hella people in the whip. "

https://soundcloud.com/noisey/noisey-mix-danny-wolf
Old 03.01.2018, 06:56 PM   #148
Severian
invito al cielo

Watch Drake steal money from poor people in this hilarious backwards “God’s Plan” video.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...ideo-backwards
Old 03.05.2018, 09:08 AM   #149
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
First Listen: August Greene, 'August Greene'
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/05/58988...-august-greene
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2018, 09:55 AM   #150
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
This is the best release from Common this decade, for sure.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2018, 10:52 AM   #151
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
This is the best release from Common this decade, for sure.

Didn’t even know this was a thing. Definitely digging it so far (love “Black Kennedy”) but isn’t it a bit early to say this is better than Black American Again?
Old 03.07.2018, 04:06 PM   #152
Severian
invito al cielo

Echo!
Old 03.07.2018, 04:09 PM   #153
Severian
invito al cielo

So I’m listening to 4:44 for ththis first time in — fuck, four months or so — and while some of the tracks have lost a bit of their sparkle, the thing really holds up. I remembered all the lyrics to “Marcy Me” and rapped the whole thing in my car a minute ago. And “Caught Their Eyes?” Forget about it. I do think this is the best Jay-Z album.
Old 03.07.2018, 05:24 PM   #154
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I've been blasting the new Rae Sremurd triple LP on the way home from work yeah!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the moment suck-ass Common pops up on my TV screen or on my radio, I turn that shit OFF. what a fucking bore. what a fucking goddamn waste of time. I HATED SPOKEN WORD/DEF POETRY. hate it with a passion. that dumb fuck was laying his stupid spoke work schtik at the Oscars and it was as fucking horrible and fake-ass as everything else that loser does. His commercials, where he tries to "rap" to the kids about how unlimited their potential is if they just get their parents to purchase $3,000 in soon-to-be-outdated electronics makes me fucking SICK,

fuck COMMON
Old 03.07.2018, 10:48 PM   #155
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I've been blasting the new Rae Sremurd triple LP on the way home from work yeah!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the moment suck-ass Common pops up on my TV screen or on my radio, I turn that shit OFF. what a fucking bore. what a fucking goddamn waste of time. I HATED SPOKEN WORD/DEF POETRY. hate it with a passion. that dumb fuck was laying his stupid spoke work schtik at the Oscars and it was as fucking horrible and fake-ass as everything else that loser does. His commercials, where he tries to "rap" to the kids about how unlimited their potential is if they just get their parents to purchase $3,000 in soon-to-be-outdated electronics makes me fucking SICK,

fuck COMMON

Man you’re so off.

Not even the “kids” (not even fucking Pitchfork!) likes Rae Sremmund’s stream-trolling *triple-LP.* Why the fuck do they need a triple LP? Three LPs of triplets and songs that aren’t as good as “Black Beatles?”

Fuck man. Educate yourself. Listen to some Common records.

I assume you also must loathe Tribe and Roots and D’Angelo and other shit that strives to have a purpose.

I love you, but in terms of hip hop, you are consistently wrong as fuck. Like, laughably off-base 100% of the time.
Old 03.08.2018, 07:05 AM   #156
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I am curious what endorsement Rob's talking about.

I linked to August Greene's Tiny Desk Concert a page or so back, for anyone who missed it.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2018, 07:54 AM   #157
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

I linked to August Greene's Tiny Desk Concert a page or so back, for anyone who missed it.

Thanks!
Old 03.09.2018, 09:31 AM   #158
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Man you’re so off.

Not even the “kids” (not even fucking Pitchfork!) likes Rae Sremmund’s stream-trolling *triple-LP.* Why the fuck do they need a triple LP? Three LPs of triplets and songs that aren’t as good as “Black Beatles?”

Fuck man. Educate yourself. Listen to some Common records.

I assume you also must loathe Tribe and Roots and D’Angelo and other shit that strives to have a purpose.

I love you, but in terms of hip hop, you are consistently wrong as fuck. Like, laughably off-base 100% of the time.

sad to hear anyone who is a Sonic Youth fan decry someone's personal musical taste as "wrong as fuck".

Common SUCKS. his "music" SUCKS. It is not even worth mentioning along the likes of Tribe or Roots. (I don;t give a fuck about D'Angelo either, who is NOT Hip Hop, but straight soul R&B)

I listen to what makes me feel good. Rae Sremm, Young Thug, Future, Kevin Gates, Lil Yachty, 2Chainz, Ty $, and more are fucking awesome fun and amazing to blast and fucking entertaining. Common is a fucking windbag of mediocrity using "wokeness" as a selling point for his extremely bland "music." Fuck that loser.

There is nothing innovative nor actually clever in any of Common's "music." fuck that puto.

de la distanced themselves for Common Sense early on because they knew right away he was a fake ass bitch
Old 03.09.2018, 09:33 AM   #159
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

common endorses Zune, Microsoft, Diesel jeans, and all sorts of stupid shit, but it is his goddamn pretentious and fucking outright STUPID Microsoft AI commercials during the super bowl which I hate. https://youtu.be/9tucY7Jhhs4 what a fucking loser
Old 03.09.2018, 10:09 AM   #160
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Fair enough. That was a pretty obnoxious ad. Why is he speaking to an empty auditorium? I don't get that.

I tried reading his book, but that was pretty obnoxious too.

I find a lot of his albums contain three or four good songs, surrounded a bunch of filler. Not all, but most.

But those three or four songs are fantastic. I made a personal "best of" Common mix, and it's the greatest thing ever. He's generally an excellent lyricist. His positivity has undoubtedly made shitty lives better. To the best of my knowledge, he's never endorsed a liquor product.

Parents and kids can dig Common, which is kind of corny but also kind of cool.

I dunno. I can think of at least a dozen contemporary rappers who deserve hate more than Common.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth