Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Joe Cocker is finally dead
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.22.2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...at-70-20141222

we can all rest easy now...
Old 12.22.2014, 03:16 PM   #2
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

What a nice sentiment. Maybe one of us can start a "Rob Instigator Death Watch Thread".

I'm not a big fan of Cocker's but his self-titled Joe Cocker album from 1972-1973 (not the one with the exclamation point after his name) was quite good for what it was, especially High Time We Went, a chart hit that's not often remembered today--good song, straight ahead rocker. And while I prefer his more funny, whimsical stuff like Pardon Me Sir (from the same album) and That's Your Business, that's not what the public wanted to hear, obviously. There certainly are a lot worse classic rock fossils hanging around than him. RIP, Joe.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
go for it.

I hated that fucker and his music so much. we all die. it's no big deal.
Old 12.22.2014, 04:31 PM   #4
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Back in the days I tested the advance search options of this board searching for "hate" and Rob's username and copypasted a bunch of stuff. I wonder if I can track that list down and add joe cocker to it, unless he was on there already. It was a long list.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2014, 04:49 PM   #5
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
found it!

"I hate smashing pumpkins
I hate the Beach Boys
I hate spending time in hollywood or blockbuster
I hate most Lynch films
I hate green day...I have hated them since time immemorial
I fucking hate sweaters and have hated sweaters for my entire life
My CD's are all in three large rubbermaid bins. I hate them
I FUCKING HATE BARS
I hate the Fuckemos.
I hate fucking sing along choruses in rap music. HATE THEM.
I hate people but I hate being alone
I dread the shake-cam shit though. I HATE that shit
I hate Van hagar so much.
I hate foam in my coffee.
I would say I hate pop up ads. I ahte them, but the worst thing is pages that as they load up have to pop up to the forefront on yr desktop. I hate that shit.
I HATE when fuckers do not return their shopping cart!
I hate Blondie's "song" Rapture
Sade, Luther Vandross, or any other such fucking "slow jam" quiet storm bullshit. I fucking hate that shit so much.
I hate people who give me the old "I like everything" line
i fucking HATE sing song choruses in rap
fuck I hate games like that
I myself HATED and HATE IT, but that's just me. Asstown is not coducive to the Instigator.
I hate Katie Couric
I HATE the shag cut!
I hate selling my shit
i just hate the concept of pop art and i think he was a prat
I hate when people for whom radiohead is the weirdest band they listen to tell me what they think I will like
i hate christopher lee
jesus fuck. I hate revivals
I hate (F)aul
FUCK I hate me totalitarian governments
I hate these fucks with acoustic guitars singing their claptrap nonsense. I fucking hate it so bad.
i hate the way the USA covers the olympics
I fucking HATE anne rice
I hate it when people who listen to bullshit safe rock call others close minded for not liking their bullshit safe rock
management? i hate management too!!!
I fucking hate that kind of music.who is these terse douchebags?
I HATE the fucking stupid scarf that cocksmear daltrey wears in that You Better You Bet video wrapped around his sholders like a goddamn prep school nancy boy
I HATE BECK AND HIS STUPID WHITE BOY MISH MASH SHIT!
I have hated him since the first sighting
I fucking hate them and their ass faces
fucking hate the slow jams.
i hate when people are late
I too have tried over and over to listen to aerosmith
I fucking hate them
same for the NY Dolls
i hate many of his "dream logic" movies.
fuck I hate music like that.
I hate me some hippie fucks especially hippy fucks who like to wear their pants saggy so that the top of their pubes shows....
I hate wilco and I hate terror twilight and I HATE the Jicks
(I HATE the album they put out)
BECK SUCKS!!!!
I HATE HIM AND I WANT HIM DEAD!
I hate that shit so bad.
I hate rappers that sound like they stopped reading at an 8th grade level
I hate it when you rag on futurama
I just HATE boring monotonous house music, fucking electronic background music. ...
I hate when you catch a whiff of a large obese lady who does not wash properly and the smell of dirty, unwashed PUSSY just wafts from her.
they add these scrolls and sliding commercials at the bottom, sometimes cutting off nearly 13 of the video screen. I fucking HATE IT.
and of course every pussy bitch ass fake asshole in the country who could not handle ten minutes of a nirvana live show, much less an entire show of their true insanity, LOVED the "unplugged" acoustic set. fuck I hate that.
I hate hearing songs I like on commercials
I HATE THIS FUCKER SO MUCH>
I HAVE HATED HIM FOR SOOOO LONG (conan o brien, incidentally!)I hate it with all the passion I resevre for religion, monarchies, and slow jam R&B
I hate reading the computer colored and drawn comics. they look like glossy shit
I just hate it when bands look and act like what they are doing is hard work and not fun and a chore
My ringtone is a mellow Tristeza song, because I fucking hate ringing phones.
I hate "hella"."holla","Yr my dawg"
I fucking HATE family Guy and have ahted it since it's inception and have avidly railed against it's stupidities
I hate ordering so much paper and toner and all that shit.
I hate shopping for clothes
I hate ziggy marley
the fucking hippie soft shit that has been purveyed as "folk" since the days of the goddamn kingston trio is just one tiny teeny slice of true folk music.and I HATE IT
I too hate those fucking ear buds modeled for a goddamn 100 lbs japanese teenager
she gets a hard on for jazz vocalists and I fucking hate that shit
it sounds nasal in english, while in spanish it sounds breathy and seductive. I hate it either way
I hate these fucking sub-urban assholes with fucking fgiant homes with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and a thre car gaarge and parents that make six figure salaries telling me how much they fucking HURT...
I hate tagging.
I hate her performances and I hate her music.so I hate laurie anderson,. so fucking what? ...
I just hate pretentious prog music.
"hate" is an apt description for the rage and venom that ensues every single time I have to listen to or watch Laurie anderson. I actively HATE IT, just like I actively hate when I have to sit and hear Counting Crows.
I hate the fucking Lakers!
I hate the grateful dead though. soooo much
these fucking goddamned stupid ignorant religious assholes.... FUCK I HATE THEIR BULLSHIT SO MUCH
fuck I hate roots rock
everyone knows I hate Beck and his stupid shit
U2 is not horrid music. it is just earnmest jesus rock, and older people love it because it makes them feel alive.I hate it.
Midwest is a stupid term and I hate it and I wish it would disappear from our lexicon.
I hate the whole "exotica' revival that occurred after the ska revival
I hate that you have to use an adapter for the spindle
I Fucking Hate David Bowie And I Want Him Dead.
I fucking HATE aerosmith

1. the sex pistols
2. blondie
3. Elvis Presley
4. U2
5. Beck

I fucking HATE these fuckers "music"
fuck I hate white girls doing R&B
I hate the Malkmus solo shit
I hate fucking assholes. (Pavement)

I hate this Putin fuck
what I fucking hate is that bar bands always play BROWN-EYED GIRL
I Hate Poison And Bret Michaels And His Fucking Bald Head Disguised With A Wig And A Bandanna
i fucking HATE bono
Shaft is the single most over-rated boring piece of bullshit private dick filmmaking ever. I hate it and I want it dead
I fucking hate bars
It was trying so very very hard for WHIMSY, which I fucking hate
I hate that stupid line, my veloria, even I adore ya. fucking stupid stupid

39. Do you watch Family Guy regularly?
no. I hate it so much. I hate it like I hate racism and Conan O'Brien. I wish everyone associated with family guy would drop dead so they could bury that fucking unfunny show and mankind can get back to it's proper course.

I hate shopping for anything other than books and records. I HATE IT.
I hate fucking hip hop samples where you can tell exactly what song it is from and that only samples one song so you are basically rappig over an instrumental version of a police song, or a tom tom club song. I fucking HATE that shit.
i also hate when songs aere used where the lyrics are suposed to describe the plot taking place.
I honestly think ALL staches suck. I hate them with a passion.
he loves the fuckemops and I hate hate HATE their bullshit music!
fucking sting. I hate sting.
I fucking HATE Tool
korn sucks ass. I hate them. It is like the scrawled angst of a twelve year old loser.I hate the deftones too
I FUCKING HATE that slow jam shit. HATE IT. I hate it so BAD
I hate it so much.
sonic youth is my all time favorite band, my all time favorite musicians, the single most important influence on my musical journey upon the Earth, but I fucking hate that album.

I hate the normal shit. I want the cutting edge shit.
I hate hearing bands tune on stage. hate it.
I was just talking shit about guys who wear makeup. I hated it in the 80's watching glam metal fucks do it and I hate it now.
me and earnest folkies do not mix. I hate their boring emotions.
fuck I hate today's rockabilly. any rockabilly after 1959 can go fucking die.
Andy Dick is a stupid ass dumbfuck. Not funny, the even more unfunny (barely)male equivalent of Kathy Griffen, who I fucking hate with all my heart.
I fucking HATE the harpsichord. HATE
I hate university of Texas college football fans most of all
however, I also hate the typical sports idiot, who thinks his cock is meausred by the amount of fervor he worships his personal sports heroes with.
I hate him and I want him dead (Conan O'Brien again)
I hate Preznit Dubya's double-speak bullshit.
I am sorry but I hate your hair (to Inhuman)
I HATE the fucking MEAT PUPPETS country trock bullshit!

I hate his musical decisions. I hate his decision to destroy the Police originally. I hate his mangling of Police classics on the new tour. Sting is hated by me for many many reasons.
I ESPECIALLY HATE STING ofr his atrocious "re-mix" of Dobn't Stand So Close To Me '86. FUCKING DESERVING OF VIRULENT next level HATE

I hate these guys. (My chemical Romance)
Nothing I hate more in the world that sitting whiel someone tells me their dreams seeking some sort of meaning.
I hate these fucking republicans./I fucking HATE these fuckers.
I fucking HATE Bright Eyes and he can fucking go die.
I hate fucking sell outs
I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!! (smashing pumpkins)

I fucking HATE HATE HATE HATE the SMASHING PUMPKINS> I take great pleasure in deriding them, their fans, their "music" their fucking ridiculously stupid band members, the troglodyte D'arcy (so artsy fartsy she has an apostrphe in her name like some sort of lovecraftian gargoyle), and dipshit fucking james Iha with his bullshit stupid fucking solo record. what a fucking waste of human breath. this is the band I take joy and pleasure in pummeling. if i ever run into Billy Corgan i will kick him in the neck with my steeltoes and laugh laugh laugh as he chokes on his frothy phlegmy blood and i will yell in his face "This one's for PAVEMENT BITCH!"
Old 12.22.2014, 04:49 PM   #6
nicfit
invito al cielo

(PART 2, a single post couldn't accomodate the whole thing)

I hate THOMAS KINKADE! I HATE THIS FUCK SO MUCH!!!! I hate them! (RATM)
UGS suck ass too I fucking HATE trhem
I hate that shit, that whisper singing to hide the fact trhat you cannot sing.
One thing I do hate, and it is slightly irrational, is buying a vinyl of something I already own on CD.
I HATE top 40 music, I find it to be lowest common denominator music.
I HATE Bud adams
I HATE THAT! I don;t want to buy no fucking import nonsense!
If there is one thing I hate is the fucking stupid smug attitude that so called "scenesters" give me when they find out I LOVE football, and sport in general.
I hate it when someone plays just ONE SONG off of an album over and over and over again. I want to crush their foreheads
I hate the Family Guy with a vehemence fit for Top 40 radio.
Conan O' Brien, the talk show, I fucking hate with the rage and intensity of ten suns.
I hate Family Guy more though.
I FUCKING HATE FAMILY GUY, and I have hated it since the beggining
I FUCKING HATE IT LIKE I HATE U2
Oh, and I HATE the Jicks, I hate preston school of DULLNESS and I hate Maklmus' solo shit. it SUCKS> BORING AS FUCK

I left some out, but here's an excerpt from your very first post on the board:

Random Fact: I hate U2"

I think joe cocker wasn't on there yet.
I wonder how many eligible entries I missed during the couple years I spent without logging in on this board.

As you can see in the ->original thread<- the list was made out of boredom an just for fun, Rob is capable of lots of luv too (see the other list at the end of the thread). Ciao!
Old 12.22.2014, 07:31 PM   #7
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Rob is not hateful enough. I hate him.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2014, 08:28 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
nicfit's posts here are the funniest thing i've read in many days. all funerals need jokes. i had totally forgotten the original thread.

anyway sorry about joe cocker. i didn't know he was only 70 and still alive till yesterday. wasn't he at woodstock or something? in any case, i never had a reason to hate the guy-- it's not like he had a big part in my life or anything.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2014, 02:26 AM   #9
nicfit
invito al cielo

"You can leave your hate on"
Old 12.23.2014, 04:50 AM   #10
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nicfit again.
Old 12.23.2014, 04:51 AM   #11
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
i don't care about joe cocker's music and don't really have any personal reaction to his death. however, he is from sheffield (a city i live in and love) and lots of sheffield folk seem really genuinely upset about it. i didn't realise but i guess he is a local legend. really wouldn't have expected this kind of response.
Old 12.23.2014, 05:04 AM   #12
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
My parents are from Sheffield and they bang on about him being from Sheffield given half the chance.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2014, 05:08 AM   #13
lucyrulesok
100%

to be fair most sheffield 'local legends' are shite
Old 12.23.2014, 05:24 AM   #14
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I only remember him because he did the soundtrack to that 80s soft porn movie.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2014, 10:42 AM   #15
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I only remember him because he did the soundtrack to that 80s soft porn movie.

love that film.
and she is sooo fucking beautiful in that one.

Rob you got me somewhat angry with those posts.
i always get angry with such title threads about someone's death.
then i thought what if celine dion was dead. would i say smth like this.
and i have tried thinking like you do -about death.
sometimes i succeed in it.
anyhoo. honestly, atm: whatever..zzz cannot be arsed and the such.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2014, 11:18 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
love that film.
and she is sooo fucking beautiful in that one.

yes! i rewatched that just the other day, i remember being completely dazzled by it years ago, and now less enthralled it's really not a good movie in terms of structure, but she-- she's from another planet! so in the end it works.

also, found out about the writer of the original novella. then i realized the movie didn't work 100% because some important things had been omitted. now i want to find out more about her (her dad was a nazi. i'm serious.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
Rob you got me somewhat angry with those posts.
i always get angry with such title threads about someone's death.
then i thought what if celine dion was dead. would i say smth like this.
and i have tried thinking like you do -about death.
sometimes i succeed in it.
anyhoo. honestly, atm: whatever..zzz cannot be arsed and the such.

ha ha ha celine dion.

i'm trying to think of people whose death would bring sweet relief to me, but they're nobody famous

oh! dick cheney! (but he'll keep harvesting organs from children and keep living forever)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2014, 11:24 AM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Joe Cocker and his spaz raspy white-boy soul tortured me as I grew up. No more Joe Cocker.
Old 12.23.2014, 12:42 PM   #18
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
one of the singers i feel like that about, is/was whitney houston.
and not only about her voice, but for the songs she sang. always thought, they are completely unnecessary songs to exist. vex.

and yeah, after celine dion, i thought about a certain politician, the one who most of all destroyed this country. he died mid 90s. didnt cheer however.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2014, 12:50 PM   #19
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I have not cheered. just acknowledged our freedom from Joe Cocker.
Old 12.23.2014, 02:36 PM   #20
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth