Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Please Register to Vote
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.29.2008, 04:39 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
watching McCain get very very agitated during the 1st debate wqas awful. the man kept bringing up how diplomacy with Iran or Korea would "legitimize" Admedinijahd and Kim Jong Il.
I wanted to shout at McCain to forget the cold war politics and that NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS WAITING FOR US TO "legitimize" Iran or Korea.
Old 09.29.2008, 04:44 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Guess who's not coming to dinner

BY ROGER EBERT / September 28, 2008

I do not like you, John McCain. My feeling has nothing to do with issues. It has to do with common courtesy. During the debate, you refused to look Barack Obama in the eye. Indeed, you refused to look at him at all. Even when the two of you shook hands at the start, you used your eyes only to locate his hand, and then gazed past him as you shook it.
Obama is my guy. If you are rude to him, you are rude to me. If you came to dinner at my house and refused to look at or speak with one of my guests, that would be bad manners and I would be offended. Same thing if I went to your house. During the debate, you were America's guest.
What was your problem? Do you hold this man in such contempt that you cannot bear to gaze upon him? Will you not even speak to him directly?
Do you think he doesn't have the right to be running for President?
Were you angry because after you said you wouldn't attend the debate, he said a President should be able to concern himself with two things at the same time? He was right. The proof is, you were there. Were you angry with him because he called your bluff?
During the debate, Jim Lehrer repeatedly called upon both candidates to speak directly to each other. Obama looked at you. He addressed you as "John," which as a fellow senator is his privilege. His body language was open. You stared straight ahead, or at Lehrer, or into space. Your jaw was clinched. You had a tight little smile, or a grimace, or a little shake of your head.
I had to do two things at once while watching the debate. I had to listen to what was being said. And I had to process your rigid and contemptuous behavior. If you were at a wedding and the father of the groom refused to look at or speak to the bride, how would that make you feel? Especially if you were the father of the bride?
You made a TV commercial showing the moments Obama agreed with you.
Everybody knows he did. Did his agreement show honesty, or weakness?
It is significant that you said it proved he was not ready to lead.
What is the better leadership quality: (1) Willingness to listen to your opponent, and keep an open mind? (2) Rigidly ignoring him? Which of the two of you better demonstrated the bipartisan spirit you say you represent? Was there anything he said that you agreed with? Could you have brought yourself to say so? I'm not the only one who noticed your odd, hostile behavior. Just about everybody did. I'm sure many of your supporters must have sensed the tension. Before the debate, pundits were wondering if you might explode in a display of your famous temper. I think we saw that happen, all right, but it was an implosion. I have instructed my wife to exclude you from any future dinner parties.
Old 09.29.2008, 04:48 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
So, Ebert HATED HATED HATED McCain, eh?

TWO THUMBS DOWN!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2008, 04:52 PM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
So, Ebert HATED HATED HATED McCain, eh?

TWO THUMBS DOWN!

he only gives one thumb. the other thumb is from either that prick roper (sp?) or previously gene siskel, who was awesome but croaked.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2008, 04:55 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

ebert cannot talk anymore. the throat cancer got his voice. Now he pens wicked shit OPED's for the Chicao newspapers.. ha ha!
Old 09.29.2008, 05:03 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
ebert cannot talk anymore. the throat cancer got his voice. Now he pens wicked shit OPED's for the Chicao newspapers.. ha ha!

oh man. that's fucked up.

in any case, what the fuck is it with people taking this election as a joke. fucking delusional.
Old 09.29.2008, 09:03 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the Congress voted not to push Bush's "Bailout" through. The Representatives are feeling the heat from REGULAR PEOPLE callin in and shit man. That's fucking awesome. People are sayin shit
Old 09.29.2008, 09:07 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
the Congress voted not to push Bush's "Bailout" through. The Representatives are feeling the heat from REGULAR PEOPLE callin in and shit man. That's fucking awesome. People are sayin shit

yeah but vox populi ain't always vox dei.

check this out:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...902762_pf.html
Old 09.29.2008, 09:20 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The possibilities and likely things the author mention are necessary for this nation to go through, to understand that exponential growth is just a ponzi scheme and that the old Ideal o quality and slow steady growth, dependable growth, is what is desired. This is really an anti-trust issue and government regulation will be needed, but the government and those who make it up BELONG TO US.
Old 09.29.2008, 09:28 PM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
The possibilities and likely things the author mention are necessary for this nation to go through, to understand that exponential growth is just a ponzi scheme and that the old Ideal o quality and slow steady growth, dependable growth, is what is desired. This is really an anti-trust issue and government regulation will be needed, but the government and those who make it up BELONG TO US.

yeah i agree with you, in principle-- however--call me jesuitic--i do not believe that absolutes apply here. black/white notions never agree with reality. i'd favor a more gradual descent into normality rather than a crash landing, but it looks like we're gonna crack our heads on the way down. then again, maybe not. of course, tomorrow the government might do some shit and the markets will rally again, oh, a few hundred points. and this will never end. but it will-- i'm only concerned about the manner in which it will happen. 20% unemployment is never a good thing.

we'll see if we go the way of japan or what. i smell poo in the air...

--

ps- japan didnt have 20% unemployment... but we could! during the great depression, unemployment went from 3% to 25%.
Old 09.29.2008, 09:33 PM   #31
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Though I have been registered for years, just today I bought stamps so I can send in my new registration for a change of address tomorrow.

That's right. Snail mail.

Prestige.

I wish I could wax stamp it with my own seal and have it delivered by horseback messenger.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2008, 09:46 PM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, I think Rebert's show ended recently, right? So, there aren't any thumbs down reviews anymore, just star ratings.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2008, 10:23 PM   #33
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'm mad because I have to wait until the next election to vote.

I wanted to be able to vote at 18 and every 4 years after. I'll settle for 21 though.
Old 09.29.2008, 11:14 PM   #34
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Also, I don't give a fuck which figurehead/mascot for America wins or loses.
How much do you know about Straussian philosophy?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2008, 08:21 AM   #35
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

either way it is going to hurt. hopefully it hurts on the way to a fix
Old 10.01.2008, 05:31 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh man. that's fucked up.

in any case, what the fuck is it with people taking this election as a joke. fucking delusional.
maybe they can all see the strings?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2008, 10:00 AM   #37
MrBojangles
empty page

MrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentataMrBojangles chews with a vagina dentata
Don't vote for that muslim terrorist fist jabbing bastard Osama, I mean OBAMA
MrBojangles is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2008, 02:43 PM   #38
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olpCyDA4kYA
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2008, 03:50 PM   #39
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not going to vote because I don't plan on voting for the major candidates, they both fucking suck. I prefer McCain though.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2008, 04:08 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I used to respect McCain, but he has been fully analy slammed by the richest and most poweeful of the GOP mambers, and is now kissing their ass in such an obvious aND un-mccain manner that it makes me sick.

also, it seems he is a reactinary didactic man, and that is NOT what is needed in th white house.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth