Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Rant Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.18.2007, 03:50 PM   #41
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
the mouse that was in my room was really tiny when i caught it but when it was running around it seemed as big as a cat. i felt real shame and sorrow for killing that poor little thing but at the same time, get the hell out of my room!

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:00 PM   #42
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
in a mouse trap.

like this:

not this:

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 09.18.2007, 04:23 PM   #43
jon boy
invito al cielo

yes he bought it alright, i put chocolate on the trap instead of cheese though. mice like chocolate apparantly, who doesnt!

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 09.18.2007, 04:28 PM   #44
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
But to carry on, it's like the grammar-nazi thing. It's really easy to adhere to the dogmatic 'rules' of syntax, grammar and spelling, and repeat them verbatim asif this imbues the user with some sort of superiority. But [proposition?] oftentimes those who do so neglect that language expression is a malleable, fluid enterprise, not some great Victorian edifice to be worshipped without questioning its worth. I'd recommend people read David 'Davey' Crystal on the matter, I have no intention of regurgitating his statements.

I definitely agree. Grammar is really underrated atm.

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 05:15 PM   #45
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Has the spelling police been incorporated into the grammar police to make the spammer/ gramling police? If we're criticising people for being wrong, why don't we try not being wrong ourselves, eh?

Oh, I'm in a bad mood today you'll all be non-plussed to hear.

First off, I'd like to thank you for giving me something to rant about.

Secondly, you're a cunt.

Thirdly, pluralisation is a part of grammar. The word "reply" (a noun ending in a consonant + y) has a regular plural that drops the "y" and adds "ies". This is known as a grammatical rule. The offence therefore falls under the jurisdiction of both the Spelling Police and the Grammar Police. The latter acted here because the most likely cause for the misspelling lies in failure to comply with simple grammar rules... not to mention that the spelling officers appear to be on coffee and donut break most of the time.

Finally, the fact that you seem to be unfamiliar with grammatical rules for regular plurals immediately puts you on the watch list. Your login details have been handed over to the Grammar Terrorist Screening Center.

Yours sincerely,
Pokkeherrie

Obergruppenführer Grammatik-Polizei
Sonic Youth Gossip Reichssicherheitshauptamt
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 06:21 PM   #46
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
My dad likes to tell me about seeing a rat the size of a small dog in L.A. once. He said it looked him right in the eye and moved toward him unafraid before deciding to go into a sewer grate.
The last time I saw a rat was a few weeks ago when I had to fish a dead one out of the toilet in the basement of the (very old and porous) building I work in. Ew.
your dad needs to be evaluated.

my rant for today:
i slept all day
then i got up
then i went for a pack of smokes
then i slept some more
the end
Old 09.19.2007, 11:35 AM   #47
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
First off, I'd like to thank you for giving me something to rant about.

Secondly, you're a cunt.

Thirdly, pluralisation is a part of grammar. The word "reply" (a noun ending in a consonant + y) has a regular plural that drops the "y" and adds "ies". This is known as a grammatical rule. The offence therefore falls under the jurisdiction of both the Spelling Police and the Grammar Police. The latter acted here because the most likely cause for the misspelling lies in failure to comply with simple grammar rules... not to mention that the spelling officers appear to be on coffee and donut break most of the time.

Finally, the fact that you seem to be unfamiliar with grammatical rules for regular plurals immediately puts you on the watch list. Your login details have been handed over to the Grammar Terrorist Screening Center.

Yours sincerely,
Pokkeherrie

Obergruppenführer Grammatik-Polizei
Sonic Youth Gossip Reichssicherheitshauptamt

Right on most accounts, especially the cunt bit. Still, grammar-nazi-ness on the internet is a bit fish in a barrel, and I'm personally of the belief that most people don't care and it isn't important enough to pick people out on.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2007, 02:50 PM   #48
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
True, spelling and grammar isn't really important and pales in comparison with all the other posts in this thread containing relevant rants about work, school, bicycles, rats or what's for dinner.
But I wasn't picking out on Mr. Anal in particular, he just happened to be there with the last post when I opened the thread.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 08:17 AM   #49
eatmychild
children of satan

eatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asses
I fucking hate ice-cream vans and the sickly saccharine tunes they invade our lives with. If they're allowed to play shit like that so loudly then anyone should be allowed to drive around neighbourhoods with an amp blasting whatever noise they want.
Old 09.30.2007, 08:43 AM   #50
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
This is the first time I've seen you write the word fucking. You must be really pissed off Nefeli.
I don't blame you though. A recurring itchy rash sucks bigtime. Hope you get it treated so that it doesn't come back.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 12:52 PM   #51
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i know, never do that. was just immitating eatmychild. but truely gets to me and there is no cure /have asked. but thank you, dear and hello..

on a side note. dont know which hurts more. people's jealousy and poison or people's ignoring where their freedom ends (it ends where the next person's starts).

*hugs 'n stuff*
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 01:18 PM   #52
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
We see you laugh
We see you dance
We take that away
Every day

We see you cry
We turn your head
Then we slap your face

We see you try
We see you fail
Some things never change

We hear you cry
We hear you wail
We steal that smile from your face

Bow down to live
Your life
Head down, hide that smile
Head high got to smile

Head high like a song you like
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Power to the people
Old 09.30.2007, 01:58 PM   #53
jon boy
invito al cielo

ouch, sorry about that nefeli. is there something you can do to make things better? i find drinking a lot usualy is good.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 09.30.2007, 02:51 PM   #54
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am mad that I am not overtly happy today.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2007, 04:20 AM   #55
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
drinking? as drinking :booze?

always! no please dont take that seriously i was semi hungover when i typed that part. i am a spaz.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.01.2007, 04:29 AM   #56
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
A couple days ago it was raining like hell here, and I like rain and going for a walk when nobody's around, so I walked to the city center under my umbrella ella-ella - eeh ehh.

Well, the city looked like a desert, but in like 30 mins I met 3 (THREE) ex-girlfriends of mine, that's pretty much ALL my "serious" girlfriends. I met them in random places jsut walking around, and I talked a bit with each one of them.
Recurrent questions, on both sides : "are you still single?" answer on both sides "yes."
Q: "What are you doing out with this rain?" A: "You know I like rain".
I'm still a bit shocked.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2007, 04:36 AM   #57
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Try Aloe Vera gel for your skin, Nefeli. It's quite good for most things.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2007, 04:45 AM   #58
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Move to the seaside. Salty sea air is good for spots, believe it or not. Or in my experience, at least. Terrible for the hair though.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2007, 05:21 AM   #59
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Skincare is a funny subject. My lady uses countless different facial products and still suffers with spots. I, on the other hand, use nothing but water to wash my face and haven't had a spot in years.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2007, 05:25 AM   #60
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION !$!($)_!($!*%*!_?<<"||}{

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth