Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2013, 02:45 AM   #421
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Louder,
I caved last night, and downloaded Yeezus. Saved it for this morning. Put it on at work. Listened four times, beginning to end.

Obviously, it's great. But it really is surprisingly stark. It is not a sequel to MBDTF. It's a different beast. I don't like how abruptly it ends, and some of the tracks could use a few minutes of chill time in between. Maybe some pretty instrumentals to contrast the manic, drill synth bad acid trip skullfuck buzz of the rest of the album.

Yeah, it's goddam brilliant. It's almost too intense, but not quite. I hope it sells a billion copies so he continues to fuck with trends while managing to create them in the process. I hope he's not really as angry as the album would have use believe. I actually feel sorry for him at a few points.

I really need more time to process this Chi-town chainsaw massacre of an album, but you were right in assuming that I would love it.

2013 has a new best rap album. Sorry Ghostface. Maybe repeated listens will put you back on top... I almost feel bad. Wu-Tang is my hip hop Sonic Youth. I don't relish admitting that a member has been outdone, but it's Kanye after all.
"Chi-town chainsaw massacre of an album" - nailed it!! i just watched the American Psycho-themed short-film thing, fucking brilliant.

Quote:
And what's the deal with this awesomely titled new album by Jay-Z? As far as flow and lyrical ability go, he's the King of the genre. Probably my favorite solo rapper out there, and he's releasing his album on a goddamn Samsung???
Samsung Galaxy users will be able to stream the album through their phones a few days before it comes out in stores, or something like that.

perhaps i'm more excited about the album than i should be. the production is gonna be incredible though, now it's all up to Hov himself.

although great rappers like Nas, Jay, Ghost, etc.. never really fall off. they go through wack periods then bounce back strong.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2013, 04:23 AM   #422
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
i just finished listening to the Black Album and put on Blueprint for the first time in a while. feels so good.
Old 06.18.2013, 06:11 AM   #423
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i just finished listening to the Black Album and put on Blueprint for the first time in a while. feels so good.

Can you believe all this hating? It's like: Fuck Kanye because he's cocky and has a style that's.. Like... Not what I'm used to"

Since when did being cocky become the seventh deadly sin of rapping? In case no one noticed, cockiness is perhaps the only feature that all rappers share, regardless of cadence (one more time... If I hear that word one more time my head will implode), delivery, or style?

Name a humble rapper. Kanye is actually extremely humble at times, and incredibly down to earth and genuine more often than anyone would think. Though he does seem to be going a bit militant right now. Whatever, fuck it, new Kanye, new day to blast it into my brain. Good times.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2013, 06:15 AM   #424
louder
invito al cielo

yeah i saw people going like "the new Kanye SUCKS. this shit ain't music, it's just NOISE. fuck it, i'm gonna listen to the new Statik Selektah EP, now there's REAL HIP-HOP". only makes me like it more, honestly.
Old 06.18.2013, 06:18 AM   #425
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Speaking up ups and downs, Jay hasn't had a "down" since Vol. 2, and even that was 50% badass. I don't think we really need to worry. Though the fact that he's catering to such a specific retailer, and essentially joining in the fight against Apple by branding his shit, does not exactly please me.

Samsung is awful.
Old 06.18.2013, 06:21 AM   #426
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah i saw people going like "the new Kanye SUCKS. this shit ain't music, it's just NOISE. fuck it, i'm gonna listen to the new Statik Selektah EP, now there's REAL HIP-HOP". only makes me like it more, honestly.

It is pretty goddamn noisy though. I imagine it's fairly close to what Fear of a Black Planet would sound like, if released in the Facebook era.
Old 06.18.2013, 06:34 AM   #427
louder
invito al cielo

you'd expect Bound 2 to be Kanye's typical apologetic song after hearing the soul sampled hook. but this joint is actually hard as fuck. "i wanna fuck you hard on the sink" - i laughed. perfect album ending. Kanye absolutely gives no fucks at all on this album.
Old 06.18.2013, 06:40 AM   #428
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
It is pretty goddamn noisy though. I imagine it's fairly close to what Fear of a Black Planet would sound like, if released in the Facebook era.
back when Graduation dropped, i couldn't imagine that Kanye would ever make an album like this. his artistic growth is amazing.

will he get even weirder from here? only time will tell.
Old 06.18.2013, 06:51 AM   #429
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Speaking up ups and downs, Jay hasn't had a "down" since Vol. 2, and even that was 50% badass. I don't think we really need to worry. Though the fact that he's catering to such a specific retailer, and essentially joining in the fight against Apple by branding his shit, does not exactly please me.

Samsung is awful.
when it comes to Jay, i just want him to keep it street, that's what he does best. the casual Blue Ivy reference is probably inevitable, but i just don't want an album full of stale rhymes about him having a daughter.

like he said on that 3 Kings freestyle - "i'm still a hood nigga". ok, show us!
Old 06.18.2013, 08:56 AM   #430
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i thought he says "i want to fuck you hard in the sink". i laughed because it was stupid.

anyway, the new Kayne is ok. lyrics?... "meh" and sometimes corny. i'll give it a high rating because it is different and i'm really diggin the minimalism of it all. its definitely not NOISY!!!. yeezz!! i think it could've been noisier to tell you the truth. Kayne's also cocky, sure, but when he is he's like JAY-Z....one of the least intimidating rappers ever.

i'm not going to go on some long tirade about the album because it's just "OK". heard it about 10 times Sunday.....formed my opinion about it, and now life's moving on. i got a mouth to feed.
so you don't like the album but you've heard it 10 times? nice.
Old 06.18.2013, 11:29 AM   #431
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
What everz homie, keep ridin that dudes nutz all the way to his bank account

Like he said, new slaves yo.

Why I could never dig this dude was that for the past years Kanye's cadence has been all the fuck off, that ninja be either (a) talking or (b) yelling but rarely if ever rapping. The key to rap music is TIMING and CADENCE, and that ninja is generally a quarter beat off the track consistently

i'm not hating on that fact that you don't like it, i'm hating on how misguided you are. this album is about the music and it's probably his worst lyrically so when you give it accolades for its lyrics then put down the music it doesn't really make much sense in context.

and... east coast styles? what has that got to do with kanye? what the hell are you talking about? you're full of shit and have always been full of shit. stop being so narrow minded.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2013, 11:51 AM   #432
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
i'm not hating on that fact that you don't like it, i'm hating on how misguided you are. this album is about the music and it's probably his worst lyrically so when you give it accolades for its lyrics then put down the music it doesn't really make much sense in context.

and... east coast styles? what has that got to do with kanye? what the hell are you talking about? you're full of shit and have always been full of shit. stop being so narrow minded.

Always full of shit now? So this went from being about Kanye to just being shit talking on me? You're hilarious homie, keep speaking the real, its impressive to see you let your nutz hang like this

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2013, 03:52 PM   #433
louder
invito al cielo

have you guys already noticed how dope is King L's verse on Send It Up? i wish it wasn't so fucking short.
Old 06.18.2013, 06:15 PM   #434
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
downloading now.
Old 06.18.2013, 07:56 PM   #435
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
"Yeezus" is bangin, not as perfect, or epic, or as beautiful as "Twisted Fantasy," but a quick blast ox experimental tinged industrialist bombast. His boldest statement thus far, and in my opinion works much better than his other out of nowhere album "808 and Heartbreak."

Really diggin this Denino Farrar as well http://www.factmag.com/2013/06/18/do...-patriarch-ii/

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2013, 08:05 PM   #436
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Always full of shit now? So this went from being about Kanye to just being shit talking on me? You're hilarious homie, keep speaking the real, its impressive to see you let your nutz hang like this

Nobody's talking shit about you. I was sincerely replying to your "what's so great about this guy" question. I thought-- perhaps because your comments sounded so eerily familiar I had to convince myself that an old quote of mine wasn't being re-earthed to show my hip hop flip floppery-- that.. (thank you ) ... that maybe we shared some basic sensibilities about the difference between good-ok and "Great" music.
Old 06.18.2013, 08:24 PM   #437
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek

Truth be told I agree about the lyrics. He's taking a page from the Trent Reznor book of blunt and obvious angry guy lyrics, set against complex and intricate music and production. It was a little weird at first, especially since Kanye's always had such a knack for simile... But, as it usually did for Trent, it fuckin' works.

I actually think NIN, Aphex Twin, and Mouse on Mars come closer to sounding like contemporaries of Yeezus than any hip hop artist I can think of.

But yes- as great as this album is (and yeah, it's god my balls right now; I lost 'em, Yeezy took 'em), it's a great lyrical departure from Kanye as we've known him. I think it's musically explosive, though, and extremely raw and unnerving. I respect the hell out of him for this one.
Old 06.18.2013, 08:26 PM   #438
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
^Funny. I had always compared Dark Twisted to Downward Spiral. :\
Old 06.18.2013, 08:32 PM   #439
Severian
invito al cielo

Oh, and I picked up the *last* copy of the Yeezus at my go-to record store- place that generally reserved shelf space for post punk, noise, jazz, and shoe gaze- after work today. (Really doing the no cover whatsoever thing, huh? Ok!)

This is a good sign. It means that the people who buy great music are making lunch break runs to pick up this album. So... Not sure how he's fairing at Best Buy, but I also don't give a shit.
Old 06.18.2013, 08:44 PM   #440
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
you must be a pussy or live a really wimpy life. ha

Unmm... Of course I live a wimpy life. I'm a goddamn deductions analyst.

Besides, this quote only shows my nerdiness and appalling lack of maturity.
192021 22 2324253272 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth