Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Avant-conservatism
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.10.2009, 11:37 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Avant-conservatism
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
who is that idiot?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 10:32 AM   #3
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
exactly, that is way too pretentious and wordy to even read through in its entirety without thinking STOP whether you like SY or not...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 12:20 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
"theory"-infused wank from a cultural studies major no doubt.

maybe there's an interesting thesis there but it's larded up with bad prose.

you just drove traffic to his site with that link.

oh noes.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 11:28 PM   #5
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
That "article" (?) aggravates me. In one sense, I can totally see where the person is coming from; when I feel like I'm repeating myself or not pushing my limits mentally, it makes me feel somewhat disgusted. But at the same time, I don't like to push my boundaries too hard (actually, I am very rut-oriented, and the boundary-pushing is all about the minutiae); and as the author himself alluded to, constant rapid evolution (to the point where you're on to something else before you've even finished your current thought) is an "unsustainable lifestyle" (thanks, Beauty Pill)--almost like the ebola virus, how it's too intense for its own good. As an aside, I have a drawer full of scribblings and nonsense that actually involved (relatively and subjectively) complex thoughts that progressed so rapidly, hardly anything of traceable value was documented. While I really am in no condition to be trying to flesh out this finer point after numerous natty lights, the bottom line [at least at this point] is this: the author speaks of an ideal that is both intensely captivating, and yet unachievable in its truest form (not unlike an algebraic asymptote).

Now, think of the opposite end of the spectrum: what do you hear when you turn on the radio? [I know, I know--"I don't *listen* to the radio (blah blah blah)"] But for those of us who aren't fortunate enough to live in a hip never-never land of the coolest and most up-to-date everything, aren't Sonic Youth vastly preferable to the majority of what receives the majority of attention? Everything is relative: so what if they're not breaking new ground with this record--don't we accept "enjoyment" as a valid reason for something's existence anymore?
Either I don't understand the point of "repping," or I do and it really is pointless. Fortunately I'm colorblind, so it wouldn't make sense to concern myself with being concerned about it in the first place.

www.myspace.com/koolthing78
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth