Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page a thread about the song "helen lundeberg"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.08.2007, 01:32 PM   #1
frades
children of satan

frades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's asses
hello sonic fans!

I really find this song astonishing and I would like to have your thoughts about it. Neither the painter it's featuring nor the lyrics but the melody and music of the verses :

"Blue river open door
Landscape white and orange
Daybreak by the sea
A narrow view sloping horizon
Marina the poet's road
Sundial cimerrian landscape
A quiet place moon sea and mist
Desert road tree in the marsh
Biological fantasy
Ocean view water map
Ambiguity estuary"

the song database gives :

"Performed once by a Lee-less Sonic Youth Trio, and has appeared in Thurston's solo sets. "

could someone say more about that and if not do you know any other song that compares to this one???
frades is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2007, 02:25 PM   #2
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
One of my favorites tracks from "full" Rather Ripped, along with Eyeliner, Pink Steam and Rats. Here is a Thurston acoustic solo live performance from The Flywheel on July 23, 2005: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3k1roq
Sorry, it's only mp3... i don't have a lossless version. Maybe someone can upload a proper version of the show...
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth