Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Austin Show Setlist
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.24.2006, 12:06 PM   #21
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
No and it has been established that it was Catholic Block.
Old 06.24.2006, 12:20 PM   #22
beecave
empty page

beecave has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I saw Thurston twice yesterday. Not just at Stubb's but also at Waterloo, where I was buying my SY ticket. He was loitering about the bins, just looking around. What's funny was the last time I saw him, it was at Other Music in NYC, where he was loitering about the bins, just looking around. I guess he does that a lot.
beecave is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2006, 03:09 PM   #23
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Looks like the best set so far.
Old 06.24.2006, 11:31 PM   #24
Idontcareican
empty page

Idontcareican has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
It was a good show but Ive seen them and the crowd with more energy before. The show ended way too early. Seriously too early, but Ive seen the band and crowd with more energy before and if the band was a bit tired then its cool I guess. No more, no less for a music capital but the crowd was a little stiff and too cool to be cool in my opinion. I had a group of guys next to me who deserved another encore for sure. But, toward the end of the show, people started to show their true colors and really got into it. Thanks for keeping the sound turned down a little in consideration of the people in the front but at the back of the show, it was like listening to a band on stage off in the distance at a music festival. The venue was cool but something needs to be done about their sound system set up or the band should play another venue next time with a more balance set up. Ranaldo did an excellent job on vocals! Wow is the word. Thurston didn’t go too into his awesome molesting of guitars with drumsticks but I had such an experience from the Sonic Nurse show in Houston last year to know that he is the unquestioned master of the art. The new material for Kim on vocals is stong and very well thought out. This is a band that thrives on a loud sound system and a fanatic crowd. It didnt play out that way but I loved every moment of it.
Idontcareican is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 01:01 PM   #25
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
i was actually glad the sound was not overly too loud. i was right in the front against the railing the whole show and when i left my ears weren't ringing too bad, so i was grateful. After i saw dino jr at stubbs a few months ago my ears were ringing for 2 days!
Old 06.25.2006, 01:59 PM   #26
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
nice reviews! keep em coming
&
looking forward to pictures
&
thanks!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 07:20 AM   #27
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
if i see hear catholic block and shaking hell when i see them, i'll be utterly delighted
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth