Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page roundhouse - saturday
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2007, 06:55 PM   #1
musefreek
bad moon rising

musefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's asses
tonight was spectacular. i thought they were really great and the sound was respectable too.

kim said tonight's crowd was the BEST. woo!

sorry i can't remember the setlist but they did predominantly play RR stuff after DDN.
musefreek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Expresswayyyyyyyyy!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 07:24 PM   #3
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
It was truly fantastic.... the DDNationers got their shit and the expansive improv/noise lovers got their jollies too with a scorching Expressway as the final encore, including the Corsano/Flowers duo (who also put in an A+ support set). So nobody can complain. Thurston was in a very talkative mood when they were doing the RR encore, Extolling the virtues and history of the Roundhouse venue... Ramones/Clash/Andy Warhol etc etc. I am a very, very happy bunny right now!!!!!. It will take me a while to come down.

DDN.
________

What A waste
Incinerate
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Or.
________

Expressway To Yr Skull.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 07:34 PM   #4
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Expresswayyyyyyyyy!

No............... they didnt..............*dies*
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 08:22 PM   #5
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
Corsano on expressway! . . . man, i was on the rail in front of lee during that with corsano just behind . . they were ripping the hell out of it! . . . i couldn't see this one coming . . Or finished it off at eleven, which was the venue curfew, but then they quickly assembled corsano's kit and . . . oh god oh god . . . please god, let me sleep tonight!
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 09:31 PM   #6
elsuko
empty page

elsuko has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
First time i've seen SY live. Bought DDN in '91 and naturally captivated by it- poor thing, was only 17 then!
Hey, gig was 'correct'. Glad I wandered about and retreated a bit to the bar,not feeling compelled to squeeze out ticket value.. And managed to find myself right in the front line, 2nd row, for an exquisite 'Expressway' encore surprise..

un-expected treat, respect to you!

elsuko is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 03:58 AM   #7
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
The gig itself was absolutely fantastic, most likely the best concert I've ever been to. Expressway was sheer heaven, it's hard to describe the energy coming from the twin drumming unit Shelley/Corsano...fantastic !!! Also, I think that the RR songs sounded much better than on the gigs I went to before during this tour (Prague, Vienna).

Apart from that, I was highly pleased to meet fellow boardies sonicl, bertrand, diamond sea and pokkeherrie, to whom I thank for nice chat (and especially to stephen who took a picture of me w/Kim and Thurston). Too bad I did not meet the other boardies on the gig, since this was probably the only possibility to say hello to you, but nevertheles...it was worth coming all the way here to England.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 05:18 AM   #8
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Noooooooooo! I knew they would end up playing Expressway on the one night I didn't go
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 06:19 AM   #9
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyohan
Noooooooooo! I knew they would end up playing Expressway on the one night I didn't go
It's okay, I have video.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 06:37 AM   #10
zhivago
empty page

zhivago has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
they were majestic...I saw them on Friday as well...Expressway was so, so good!
zhivago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 06:43 AM   #11
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Welcome to the board, Zhivago.
Old 09.02.2007, 06:52 AM   #12
thomasboy
empty page

thomasboy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Setlist?
thomasboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 06:53 AM   #13
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
It was truly fantastic.... the DDNationers got their shit and the expansive improv/noise lovers got their jollies too with a scorching Expressway as the final encore, including the Corsano/Flowers duo (who also put in an A+ support set). So nobody can complain. Thurston was in a very talkative mood when they were doing the RR encore, Extolling the virtues and history of the Roundhouse venue... Ramones/Clash/Andy Warhol etc etc. I am a very, very happy bunny right now!!!!!. It will take me a while to come down.

DDN.
________

What A waste
Incinerate
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Or.
________

Expressway To Yr Skull.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 08:54 AM   #14
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
It's okay, I have video.

Nice one - have you posted it anywhere online?
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 09:01 AM   #15
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
it sounds like it was fantastic.
i'm glad i got an expressway in paris w/matts gustaffson on the outro or i'd probably be pretty frustrated right now.
Old 09.02.2007, 09:26 AM   #16
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
we had to sleep in a park cause we had nowhere to stay but they were amazing!

"Whats comes first, the music or the words."
No Star is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 09:51 AM   #17
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
i would like to see your photos?

"Whats comes first, the music or the words."
No Star is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 10:06 AM   #18
sonicl
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyohan
Nice one - have you posted it anywhere online?
I'll transfer it to badongo or something later.
Old 09.02.2007, 10:24 AM   #19
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
can i just say that friday was good as well.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 10:42 AM   #20
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I'll transfer it to badongo or something later.

do you have whole show sonicl?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth