Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Proposition 19 - California will make recreational pot use legal November 2nd
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.18.2010, 02:54 AM   #81
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Well, keep in mind they just veto the whole anti gay marriage thing, so mayvbe it might not go through this time, but pot legalization is in the future, trust me.

Now of course tyou know our oversized backwater will be among the last to legalize, since we don't even let under 21's INTO bars.

Sorry about the typing...4 shots of cvodka and all...
Old 09.18.2010, 04:33 AM   #82
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
It's possible, sure. + while I'm sure there would be issues at first, I don't see them lasting. It's not impossible to by pesticide/additive free fruits, veggies, or tobacco, nor is it all that difficult.

But yeah, there are typically bugs to be worked out at the beginning.

it's extremely difficult to find them at good prices,peoples income is limited. it's great to have choices but the fact that an alternative exists doesn't change the damage the major companies do to the environment, the countries cursed with the right growing climate, or the health of the people who buy it
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 05:49 AM   #83
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I agree...but I also can see how it may be a bit difficult/expensive to keep everything organic when so many people must be fed. Shit get's expensive for everyone, including the farmers who must make a living too + are often treated like total shit anyways. It's a stressful job most would have no clue how to go about if most of them suddenly vanished.
Old 09.18.2010, 05:53 AM   #84
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
If they sold weed in the supermarket, which department would they sell it in? Fruit and veg?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 06:23 AM   #85
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
If they sold weed in the supermarket, which department would they sell it in? Fruit and veg?

They'd probably sell it near the front, locked away in a glass case with the tobacco product and demand to see some ID before selling it....just like it should be done.
Old 09.18.2010, 08:51 AM   #86
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I don't think I'd really like people being stoned in public either.

Newsflash: there are shit-tons of people stoned in public already. I would never go out amongst the people who, like you, have a stick up their arse all the time without being stoned. FUCK, that would suck.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 10:18 AM   #87
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Well, keep in mind they just veto the whole anti gay marriage thing, so mayvbe it might not go through this time, but pot legalization is in the future, trust me.

Now of course tyou know our oversized backwater will be among the last to legalize, since we don't even let under 21's INTO bars.

Sorry about the typing...4 shots of cvodka and all...

It can't be veto'd. It's gone to the legislative branch now. The executive branch (governors, presidents) veto. Prop 8 has been declared by a California judge as unconstitutional (and I mean California's constitution here) and therefor setting a precedent for gay marriage in California.

It will continually be appealed and sent through the courts until it makes it to the US Supreme Court. And I really think they're going to say that it's unconstitutional to ban gay marriage and set a precedent for gay marriage for the US.

Then I can congratulate my gay friends.

You know why Bush supporters wanted to get a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage? Because they know that a gay marriage ban is unconstitutional and the only way to make it so is insert it into the fucking Constitution.

The only other thing I can see is that the Supreme Court could say that the legislation of marriage is a state right, then in that case the legality of a gay marriage ban is up to California's courts, and then California would have gay marriage while other states would not.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 10:53 AM   #88
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You know why Bush supporters wanted to get a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage? Because they know that a gay marriage ban is unconstitutional and the only way to make it so is insert it into the fucking Constitution.

All because they are lying about knowing that there is a god. Religion is totally immoral in my book.
Old 09.18.2010, 10:58 AM   #89
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Newsflash: there are shit-tons of people stoned in public already. I would never go out amongst the people who, like you, have a stick up their arse all the time without being stoned. FUCK, that would suck.

You know if you met me you'd probably actually like me. I'm a pretty laid back guy, I'm not this stiff collared puritan like your imagining me.

What bugs me is people who go to national parks to get wasted and high and then they litter. You see a beautiful waterfall and down among the rocks there's beer cans, broken beer bottles, roach clips, burger king cups, etc.

Or just people who are openly loud and obnoxious in public. If you're laid back and you clean up after yourself, then I don't care what you do.
Old 09.18.2010, 11:12 AM   #90
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
You know if you met me you'd probably actually like me. I'm a pretty laid back guy, I'm not this stiff collared puritan like your imagining me.

What bugs me is people who go to national parks to get wasted and high and then they litter. You see a beautiful waterfall and down among the rocks there's beer cans, broken beer bottles, roach clips, burger king cups, etc.

Or just people who are openly loud and obnoxious in public. If you're laid back and you clean up after yourself, then I don't care what you do.

All I can say is I love to smoke pot but I would never litter in a national park.
Old 09.18.2010, 11:20 AM   #91
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
all of yr pointless arguing over weed terminology will be moot when the federal government is knocking on yr door.

don't count on legal weed any time soon.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 11:30 AM   #92
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by space
all of yr pointless arguing over weed terminology will be moot when the federal government is knocking on yr door.

For smoking a joint? Not holding my breath (except when, you know).
Old 09.18.2010, 01:07 PM   #93
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You're late. The terminology arguement ended over a page ago. We're talking about gay marriage and public baked-ness now.
Old 09.18.2010, 01:12 PM   #94
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Yeah, I really don't think it's going to happen so soon.
Old 09.18.2010, 03:31 PM   #95
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Public baked-ness? Happens all the time in my neighborhood. Uh, at least when I'm around.

I do have a great penchant for smokin' and bike ridin'. Been doing these fantastic rail trails in western NJ. Nearly flat so you can go pretty darn fast. Really amazing scenery.
Old 09.20.2010, 10:56 AM   #96
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
from huffington post

According to a recently filed campaign finance report, the campaign to defeat a marijuana legalization initiative in California is receiving substantial funding from the alcohol industry. Now marijuana advocates are fighting back, calling on the opposition campaign to explain why it is working with Big Alcohol to keep marijuana illegal.
On September 7th, the California Beer and Beverage Distributors contributed $10,000 to the No on Prop. 19 campaign, which calls itself "Public Safety First." Proposition 19 would establish a legally regulated marijuana market in which marijuana is controlled and taxed in a fashion similar to alcohol.
It's clear why the alcohol industry is in this fight -- to protect its turf and keep Californians drinking. This is the same California Beer and Beverage Distributors gave $100,000 to oppose Proposition 5, the Nonviolent Offender Rehabilitation Act (NORA), which would have reduced marijuana possession from a misdemeanor to an infraction. With marijuana being the second most popular recreational substance (despite its prohibition), the booze industry must recognize the threat legal marijuana poses to its bottom line. Thus, it has a vast financial interest in keeping marijuana illegal and steering Californians away from using it.
But why does the No on Prop. 19 campaign share Big Alcohol's goal of an alcohol-only society? It seems odd that a group that purports to be committed to enhancing public safety wants to ensure Californians can only drink and cannot use marijuana as a safer recreational alternative.
After all, every objective study on marijuana has concluded that it is far safer than alcohol to the user and society. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, alcohol use alone contributes to more than 35,000 deaths each year -- including several hundred from overdoses -- whereas marijuana use does not contribute to any deaths and has never resulted in a fatal overdose in history. Also, whereas alcohol is a major contributing factor in domestic violence, sexual assaults, fights, and other violent crimes, marijuana has never been found to contribute to such problems.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2010, 11:03 AM   #97
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
it only takes a short walk down the beach to see that selling weed in Cali is already "big business".

the line between legallity and criminal activity has been blurred sufficiently to allow both the hustlers and the cops to keep making money off of it.

and you think that will change??

ha.
Old 09.20.2010, 11:20 AM   #98
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
and you think that will change??

Of course things are going to change. If we are open enough to a elect a black president for the first time legalizing marijuana is growing closer and closer. Truth has a way of rising to the surface. It will be no different with marijuana.

The ironic part is the majority of people who oppose this bill are religious folks who believe that God create marijuana in the first place. FUCKING RETARDS!
Old 09.20.2010, 11:34 AM   #99
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

I don't imagine this will go through anytime soon, but the very fact that politicians are actually even considering legalizing pot is a sign of progress. I truly believe anyone under 70 or not reckless/suicidal will see legalization in their lifetime.
Old 09.20.2010, 11:46 AM   #100
space
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
The ironic part is the majority of people who oppose this bill are religious folks who believe that God create marijuana in the first place. FUCKING RETARDS!

the ironic part is that the majority of people who oppose this bill are Californians who are already invested in growing, harvesting and selling weed under the current grey-market guidelines.

ask someone on the clipping and pruning "circuit" what they think of this bill.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth