Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is this the last time SOnic Youth will tour?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.02.2007, 03:28 PM   #41
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Hopefully not, I think they still have a very loyal following plus a few good albums left in them. I think they'll keep it going...

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2007, 03:39 PM   #42
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
no worries, I have a plan in place.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2007, 02:43 AM   #43
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
They're recording a new album come fall, touring afterwardsonly makes sense.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2007, 02:54 AM   #44
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
From a secret press release:

The members of the influential rock band "Sonic Youth" have announced that they will retire from the live arena with effect from the end of 2006, as they are finding the extensive travelling to be more and more tiring on their ageing bones. Drummer Steve Shelley is said to be distraught at the decision, as he says that there is no way that his bones could be considered ageing, but bassist Kim Gordon has said that her and her husband Thurston Moore's decision is final.

Lee Ranaldo has said that he sympathises with Shelley's distress, but that he too is tired of touring and is looking forward to spending more time with his cats and tending his garden.

Shelley is rumoured to be planning to recruit new musicians who will wear masks to make them resemble Gordon, Moore and Ranaldo, and an associate of the band says that he is in talks with members of Britney Spears' backing band with an aim to continuing the Sonic Youth live legacy.

Thurston Moore is said to be "apopleptic" at this idea and says that he will sue if Shelley attempts to cash in on the Sonic Youth brand by touring a band that contains none of the band's founder members. As a result of the falling out between the members, Shelley will be replaced by a cyborg on the band's forthcoming live dates.

In case anyone cares to know, this is, in my opinion, my best post EVER.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth