Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Voynich Manuscript High Res scans now available
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.06.2014, 05:06 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://brbl-dl.library.yale.edu/vufind/Record/3519597

Yay to the Yale Library for releasing this cool shit.
Old 03.06.2014, 06:29 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I (accidentally) took a flash photo of a Gutenberg bible. you should have seen the guard's faces...

I rarely behave well in museums.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
ha! The Special Collections area of the Library I work at has a Gutenberg Bible and let us look at it once. I touched it. It was OLD
Old 03.07.2014, 09:20 AM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I (accidentally) took a flash photo of a Gutenberg bible. you should have seen the guard's faces...

I rarely behave well in museums.

The Menil Collection had an Alexander Calder retrospective years back. I was chided for (softly) blowing on the giant mobiles to make them move. THEY ARE FUCKING MOBILES damnnit.
Old 03.07.2014, 05:53 PM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
The Gutenberg I saw was at the Huntington Gardens in Pasadena. It sits inside of it's burgler-proof cube, inside of a darkened room, just waiting for me to pounce, camera phone set to maximum flash. Hey, at least they didn't threaten to kick me out...like they did at that one place....and the other....and the other....wash and repeat.

Fun fact: the Huntington Gardens were built on Railway Robber Baron money. He took the money, and said fuck making a railroad. It left a lot of cash leftover to buy things, such as Gutenberg bibles.

To this day, the neighborhood surrounding it, drips with so much rotten-milk stench of Old Money, that the residents once proposed erecting a DOME, isolating themselves from the low-class oxygen of the filthy common man.

Fuck money.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2014, 07:33 PM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The voynich manuscript is amazing. Thanks for this,Rob.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth