Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page why the world should vote in US presidential elections
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.03.2008, 06:27 PM   #41
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to vote, because I think the puppet on the left is alittle better quality...but if you think politics is as simple and fair as they say think again. I'm not even saying the candidates themselves are aware of it when they run for office, but do you ever wonder why people get elected as president and then completely flip on the stances they had when they were running. Common sense and first glance would give the impression they are just greedy liars...but there is usually some kind of "crisis" that grows from another "crisis" that they use as a distraction for the reason they go against their word.

Do you ever wonder if it's because their orders and actions are being guided by someone else.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 06:27 PM   #42
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
There is less apathy in this election than any election I have ever seen.

i agree, but we are young... lets ask gmku

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 06:27 PM   #43
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
it appears the State can't handle the citizens actually voting...the Bush junta forcing the replacement of all "aged" "manual" machines across the country with the result-flipping e-machines - these are turning out to be a disaster for the citizens wanting accurate results, but easy for the fascists to manipulate results.

hours on line waiting to vote is simply unacceptable. There is no reason the State can't get its act together. The US can kill thousands of children in the name of democracy but doesn't allow its citizens to vote. And that's the phoney contempofascist shit they pull "Oh sure, come vote at this time and date as required by the Constitution" but then when you go you can't actually vote for one reason or another or you are waiting around for hours or the cops greet you down the road to give you a seatbelt pamphlet etc etc in the end the animals come out and start lapping at the blood.

Corruption happens. It's only a problem if people do not make themselves heard that they dislike it.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:28 PM   #44
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
wonderful!
Glad we have your approval.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 06:28 PM   #45
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
really? I find political debate far more interesting than religious, at least there is a point. Religion is about a man and his god. Politics is about a man and his neighbours.

Yes, but it is all about man. Who is both fallible and flawed.

When money is on the table, man moves awefully quick to CREATE things like Religion....political crisis....regimes.....cults.....private clubs.....gangs.....and organizations.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:28 PM   #46
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I'm going to vote, because I think the puppet on the left is alittle better quality...but if you think politics is as simple and fair as they say think again. I'm not even saying the candidates themselves are aware of it when they run for office, but do you ever wonder why people get elected as president and then completely flip on the stances they had when they were running. Common sense and first glance would give the impression they are just greedy liars...but there is usually some kind of "crisis" that grows from another "crisis" that they use as a distraction for the reason they go against their word.

Do you ever wonder if it's because their orders and actions are being guided by someone else.

yup, money + power and the people who own these things.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:29 PM   #47
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Glad we have your approval.

I think it's really sad that you might believe that your country shouldn't need the rest of the world's approval toward your leader, when it affects us all so greatly.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:30 PM   #48
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

^^Now you're thinking.

I'm not overly paranoid about certain things, but one thing I have become more passionate about is the illuminati and the secret organizations of the world. Fatcats come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe I'm retarded.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:31 PM   #49
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
there are a lot of people here, stay close to the people you like, and life is great, no matter what asshole sits in the white house.

THAT is the whole point, and THAT is why they do it. To keep people just happy enough to let them be, while they do as they wish to the rest of the world.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:32 PM   #50
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
^^Now you're thinking.

I'm not overly paranoid about certain things, but one thing I have become more passionate about is the illuminati and the secret organizations of the world. Fatcats come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe I'm retarded.

It isnt retarded at all, its only retarded to even remotely believe that it doesnt exist.

People have a lot more people than they might believe, to make changes. But people also have a lot more power than they might believe, to prevent positive change, by just doing NOTHING.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:32 PM   #51
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
THAT is the whole point, and THAT is why they do it. To keep people just happy enough to let them be, while they do as they wish to the rest of the world.

yeah they do a pretty good job of that. kudos to them

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 06:34 PM   #52
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
No, it wasn't. You apparently aren't even aware of the history of the United States.

What, the US imported all of the population of native north and south americans in a trade deal with Mars?
Old 11.03.2008, 06:35 PM   #53
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think it's really sad that you might believe that your country shouldn't need the rest of the world's approval toward your leader, when it affects us all so greatly.
I believe in sovereign states. This includes my opinions on U.S. foreign policy.

Also the United Nations exists for good reasons.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:37 PM   #54
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
What, the US imported all of the population of native north and south americans in a trade deal with Mars?
Is this just a weird joke? What are you saying?
Old 11.03.2008, 06:39 PM   #55
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

When it all comes down to it, every country with a great amount of power, no matter their original intentions...becomes corrupt. so corrupt that it can only be destroyed from within via revolution.

You shouldn't judge people based on their country because not everyone believes in patriotism just because you were born in a country. In fact I don't think anyone should be patriotic about any country at all....we're just animals molding the land like playdough. sometimes we don't like our design and start over. sometimes we find one we like and stick to it because we like it, even if it could be better. The United States is Rome, it is England, it is Egypt, it is Persia...it is a region of land that has great wealth and moronic citizens who feel a sense of purity and pride and a government who laughs as it digs it's hands into those citizens pockets. Every single country has corruption, scandals, tragedies, genocide, revolutions, trials, torture, war, and all the 'bad' things in the world. There's just usually one or two countries in the center spotlight that put on the show for the rest of the world to get distracted by the history of mankind. This isn't new. This is just the boring stage where people talk about dissatisfaction and change. I give the revolution another 50-100 years. If we make it that long.

We are already on the downward spiral.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:39 PM   #56
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
I believe in sovereign states. This includes my opinions on U.S. foreign policy.

Also the United Nations exists for good reasons.

You do or you don't believe the US uses it's position of power to unfairly trade with other states? Or if you can get away with it, then it's fair?
Old 11.03.2008, 06:41 PM   #57
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
You do or you don't believe the US uses it's position of power to unfairly trade with other states? Or if you can get away with it, then it's fair?
I do believe the US uses it's position of power to unfairly trade with other states and I disapprove of it.
Old 11.03.2008, 06:43 PM   #58
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Is this just a weird joke? What are you saying?

I wasn't sure why you were denying the importance of the hispanic population of the americas in the foundation of present date US..
Old 11.03.2008, 06:44 PM   #59
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
I do believe the US uses it's position of power to unfairly trade with other states and I disapprove of it.

at least we agree on something
Old 11.03.2008, 06:46 PM   #60
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:

We are already on the downward spiral.

yes, but it doesnt have to continue.

It might be and seem very very very hard work to fix, but, maybe, it is possible?

I dont know.. some days I am apocolyptic and others I am hippie extremist and want to evoke change. In my heart I wish everyone cared enough to do the right thing, even if it is harder than the wrong thing.

But the way of life most first world populations have lead in the past 50 years means it is very hard for people to imagine giving up certain wants in the name of a better tomorrow.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth