Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Dave Cromwell Writes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.21.2010, 04:56 AM   #21
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
Oliver was a great man.

My point of view is that Keeping it Stupid knows little to make comments about this man.

Maybe she likes Saddam Hussein, Stalin and Pol Pot too. Why not? They are just misunderstood.

Who can hate a man who conquered Ireland? The Irish always deserve a kicking. William of Orange is another great man.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2010, 06:41 AM   #22
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
This is why we never discuss politics or religion at Thanksgiving dinner...
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2010, 09:09 AM   #23
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
This is why we never discuss politics or religion at Thanksgiving dinner...

Or the Great Pumpkin.
Old 08.21.2010, 11:33 AM   #24
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

DaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
Or the Great Pumpkin.

The point is - I am blown away by the combined precision and creative musings of Jennthebenn's writing.

DaveCromwell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2010, 12:21 PM   #25
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCromwell
The point is - I am blown away by the combined precision and creative musings of Jennthebenn's writing.

Such praise warms the cookies of my heart!

Old 08.21.2010, 01:25 PM   #26
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

DaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
Such praise warms the cookies of my heart!

It's well deserved. I have been carefully reading your blogs all week. The information therein is a veritable treasure trove.

Quote:

Lol! Snoopy knows.

So (not seeing anywhere else to put this)

Who else watched this:

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/soft-focus-a...thurston-moore

I liked Thurston's and Kim's answers - but wasn't particularly impressed with the interviewer.
Old 08.22.2010, 10:47 AM   #27
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
it was all right, there's another thread on this few topics down. about that plane crash: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster

best part was when they were talking about the Cramps, the one that went nowhere was the leaders question (needlessly provocative the way he worded that question and then bringing up Mussolini).
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2010, 11:31 AM   #28
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
it was all right, there's another thread on this few topics down.

Thanks. I found it now

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39291

Quote:
about that plane crash: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster

Tragic.

Quote:
best part was when they were talking about the Cramps

Yeah, that was good. Thurston made the whole interview by carrying it. Kim bailed early and I thought the interviewer wasn't particularly engaging.

Quote:
the one that went nowhere was the leaders question (needlessly provocative the way he worded that question and then bringing up Mussolini).

Agreed. He just seemed to have a real lazy approach to this interview.
Old 08.22.2010, 03:48 PM   #29
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Both of you missed the point of this interview altogether. I am sure if he came out and said something Kim would say something like "What makes you assume that" or "Its just a media construct" or "false stereotype". So the interviewer played to that level, and the whole thing became flat with awkward silences.

Rapid fire, Larry King, point and shoot questions wouldn't act with Moore. Its more about following someones wits than 'cornering them'. Think of this interview like a dance, that both parties have to follow as oppossed to 'a kill'.

Matching wits with Thurston would be a battle enough.
Old 08.24.2010, 10:30 AM   #30
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

Quote:
Both of you missed the point of this interview altogether. I am sure if he came out and said something Kim would say something like "What makes you assume that" or "Its just a media construct" or "false stereotype". So the interviewer played to that level, and the whole thing became flat with awkward silences.

So . . . "flat with awkward silences" was the point?

Quote:

Rapid fire, Larry King, point and shoot questions wouldn't act with Moore. Its more about following someones wits than 'cornering them'.

I understand that tactic.

Quote:
Think of this interview like a dance, that both parties have to follow as oppossed to 'a kill'.

I certainly wasn't endorsing any kind of "kill". Just didn't expect that kind of ramble.

I think the presenter is quite impressed with himself.

Quote:

Matching wits with Thurston would be a battle enough.

Thurston seemed rather agreeable to converse in a relaxed and non-confrontational manner.

So, perhaps the interviewer did a "good job" after all.

Old 08.24.2010, 02:12 PM   #31
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses

Maybe, these are artists, I don't understand them either.

Silencing is

deafening
Old 08.27.2010, 01:23 PM   #32
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

Quote:

Maybe, these are artists, I don't understand them either.

Well, the interviewees are artists. The individual doing the questioning - his "art" seemed to be that video intro of himself in many different poses
Quote:
Silencing is

deafening

Remember when silence = death

Ah, nostalgia . . .
Old 08.27.2010, 01:26 PM   #33
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
hey dave!

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2010, 01:28 PM   #34
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
hey dave!

Hello.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth