Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page WHo created GOd?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.02.2012, 09:37 PM   #21
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Consciousness is everywhere

Life is everywhere
Fucking hippies.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2012, 12:13 AM   #22
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
people created god. conversation over.
Old 11.03.2012, 02:56 AM   #23
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i couldn't be bothered by such trivial questions anymore. but i'm not going to let some crippled fuck in a wheel chair tell me "something came from nothing".

that isn't the issue. the issue is jumping the gun and stating that "god" is that "something". it's even more of an issue when people claim to communicate with him and live their lives by a set of guidelines that apparently come from god. it defies logic.
Old 11.03.2012, 08:18 AM   #24
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
you have to go back 1000' ds of years and see what the homo sapians first thoughts of god have been created

in the first art of homo sapians we can't see a sign that they occupy their time with god

the first art in caves were only draws of animals they see

that was the homo sapians living without a god

what came after that were stories about different gods
and the for 90% analphabetic population liked a storie

this was also the same for the medieval days 1500-1600
were in religious buildings alot was spoken in images because 90% of the population was analphabetic

draws of jesus who is praying and draws of angels

in egypte you had persons with Highness madness who claimed that they were god themself or half god

and if you don't like that storie
then you were simply killed

you kneel for an ape or this apes army eliminate you, something as we know today as dictatorship

and so the homo sapians created god to a figur that is high and mighty
a male with a beard who comes down from the clouds

if there is a god above the clouds?

take the last 15 years of your life

1. did there a god come down from the clouds to stop the genocide in youguslavia?
2. did there a god come down to save africans in africa from people stealing their gold, diamonds and oil?
3. did there a god came down to stop the weapon industrie from selling / bringing weapons to africa were bloody wars with childsoldiers took place?
4. did there a god came down to stop the hunger in ethiopia or somalia or other places on this planet?
5. did there a god came down to protect whales from beeing slaughterd for luxury by sapians or elephants, dolphins from living in a entertainment prison what sapians call zoo's?
6. did there a god came down to stop the genocide in syria or the war in iraque, afganistan?

you know where i'm going with this vieuw of looking at sapian history
from the time the sapians had no god till the day of today

there is nothing going to come down from the clouds

the last thing that came down from the clouds had destroyed the entire planet, i mean the piece of rock that falled out of space on the planet and wiped out the dinosaurs

you don't have water or food
you will simply die

there is no god gonna come down and hold a spoon into your apemouth to keep you alive

there is no mercy on this planet or out there in the universe
you don't watch out for your life
you will be dead and gone, like the dinosaurs
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2012, 10:49 AM   #25
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses

that man created god...the godfather !
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2012, 02:20 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Consciousness is everywhere

Life is everywhere

If that is the case, why is it so easy to dismiss the idea of God? If consciousness and life is everywhere, in this infinite sense of the word, why can't God also exist somewhere in that everywhere? Further, what is the origin of all this complexity, these patterns, these underlying forms? Randomness? A long enough arc of time? Perhaps, but perhaps not. In an infinite sequence of universes, every possibility can occur, and this is the premise behind non-theistic explanations of the universe, however, how is God also discredited as one of these infinite possibilities? To truly say the possibilities are infinite is not to restrict one possibility over any other..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2012, 01:25 PM   #27
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
which god are we talking about here anyway? yahweh?

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2012, 01:56 PM   #28
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
All of them, I hope.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2012, 02:16 PM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
which god are we talking about here anyway? yahweh?

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2012, 09:20 AM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
If that is the case, why is it so easy to dismiss the idea of God? If consciousness and life is everywhere, in this infinite sense of the word, why can't God also exist somewhere in that everywhere? Further, what is the origin of all this complexity, these patterns, these underlying forms? Randomness? A long enough arc of time? Perhaps, but perhaps not. In an infinite sequence of universes, every possibility can occur, and this is the premise behind non-theistic explanations of the universe, however, how is God also discredited as one of these infinite possibilities? To truly say the possibilities are infinite is not to restrict one possibility over any other..

we ARE god

we make god in our own image.

always have, always will
Old 11.08.2012, 04:54 AM   #31
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Micho
i was just testing ym new signature woah looks so cool and shiny like a diamond

there can only be one Pedro on this msg board.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2012, 09:02 AM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
You have been usurped!
Old 11.08.2012, 02:49 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
we ARE god

we make god in our own image.

always have, always will

That is existentially shallow, we make our interpretations of God just as we realistically make our own interpretations of reality. However, your explanation doesn't solve any of the mysteries of real life. Science is an observation of the mechanisms of nature, not the source. It is the how, not the why or the where did it come from. Further, there are as many gaps and holes in the current atheistic cosmology as those of any good Catholic, so who is kidding who here? At least religious folks are content to say God is Mystery, rather than dismiss the concept of the Divine entirely. Something had to create all of this, even according to the Big Bang, how did all that originally condensed matter and energy originate in the first place? Ah, right caps and holes. Theology is simply to assert something higher or beyond our understanding is personally responsible for reality. This is called God, and as you've mentioned, many folks anthropomorphize conceptions of God by their own individual interpretations, and indeed invent aspects of God. However and again, this shouldn't suggest the Divine doesn't exist outright, that would be scientifically foolish, let alone a terrible bet to place on Pascal's wager.

Old 11.08.2012, 03:15 PM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Religious folk, in my experience, are rarely content to say God is a mystery, and usually want to shove down my throat exactly what god is, and what he does, and what he wants out of me.
There is no atheistic cosmology
there is no real organized atheistic belief, because atheism is the absolute lack of faith in things unproven.

Lack of wetness is not wetness. Lack of belief is not belief.

science allows for doubt, religions do not. science allolws for self-correction. religions do not

hebrews still essentially believe the same shit that they did 4000 years ago.

to me that is the ultimate in self-stupidity.
Old 11.08.2012, 05:52 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Religious folk, in my experience, are rarely content to say God is a mystery, and usually want to shove down my throat exactly what god is, and what he does, and what he wants out of me.
There is no atheistic cosmology
there is no real organized atheistic belief, because atheism is the absolute lack of faith in things unproven.

Lack of wetness is not wetness. Lack of belief is not belief.

science allows for doubt, religions do not. science allolws for self-correction. religions do not

hebrews still essentially believe the same shit that they did 4000 years ago.

to me that is the ultimate in self-stupidity.

By atheistic cosmology I am being quite literal, the current theories of physics and mechanics are by definition an atheistic cosmology. Again, I agree, many "religious" folks have invented their own interpretations of God, but that shouldn't somehow limit or prohibit the concept of the Divine, even if many folks have many misconceptions. If you think religions don't allow for doubt, you've never really explored the depths of religion. Religion is plagued by doubts, its kind of the point, it provokes questions, and asking questions can often stumble onto answers.

You are free to scoff various cultures and organized institutional religions, but to be so caustic towards the concept of Divine seems all the more self-stupid

Old 11.09.2012, 08:42 AM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

depends on how you define cosmology

religions define it differently than science.

cosmoplogy in science is the study of the overall structure of the Universe and how it came to be the way it is

religions define cosmology as their description of how their god created the world.

Two different things entirely

as far as doubt goes, any organized religion ahs a set of dogmas, specific assertions that are assumed and accepted by all who follow such religion as unchallengable truths.

Muslims will kill you if you question their prophets teachings

christians used to kill for the same damn reason.

who gets killed because they disagree with a scientific view? No one. In fact, it is the scientists who get killed by the religious.
Old 11.09.2012, 09:12 AM   #37
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
It's ok people you can relax. Rob's got this one covered.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2012, 09:19 AM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I remember being twelve years old and telling my best friend at church (Episcopal, where my dad was the priest) that since I was 10 years old I had known I did not believe in god, or any tenets of the religion I was raised on.
He got real scared

Parents used to tell their kids to hang out with me and my bro, because as the priest's kids we were a "good influence".

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth