Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sister vs. Daydream Nation?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Sister vs. Daydream Nation
I prefer Sister 45 40.91%
I prefer Daydream Nation 65 59.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09.03.2016, 10:43 AM   #121
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
Mortte you should listen to Travis Scott, Young Thug and Futher. goddamn sickist shit. can't tell you. sippin. blue, maybe purple. pot of porridge dinosuaris. fuck my oris. yr a tourist. lick bourist. how notorious. uh!

What the hell is going on with you right now? It's not a great look. I can't even tell who you're trolling. Almost seems like you're trolling yourself at the moment.

It kind of sucks when a good conversation is happening, and suddenly there's a bunch of fucking bullshit thrown into the middle of it.

Bad dog.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2016, 07:21 PM   #122
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
What the hell is going on with you right now? It's not a great look. I can't even tell who you're trolling. Almost seems like you're trolling yourself at the moment.

It kind of sucks when a good conversation is happening, and suddenly there's a bunch of fucking bullshit thrown into the middle of it.

Bad dog.

look, you guys are being too hard on me lately. what the hell is going on wit you guys? it's not like my post have changed. my posts aren't bullshit. you and everyone else are acting like a bunch catholic nuns.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2016, 08:21 PM   #123
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
look, you guys are being too hard on me lately. what the hell is going on wit you guys? it's not like my post have changed. my posts aren't bullshit. you and everyone else are acting like a bunch catholic nuns.

no you have been an asshole even by your own standards

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2016, 10:27 PM   #124
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
no you have been an asshole even by your own standards

your fucking crazy. nothing such as this thing is happening. no more of an asshole than i've ever been.

leave me alone Such.
Old 09.03.2016, 11:47 PM   #125
pepper_green
Banned

I worship Satan and im poor. send money to 209 Wonderful Way Sacrilegious Ga 39865.

send food please!!! im hungry. I told my family I need food stamps and they laughed at me.
Old 09.04.2016, 12:09 AM   #126
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm glad you're feeling ok about it here at the moment. I like you. You have great taste in music.

Sorry about that one time, like a year ago or more, when I gave you the impression that I didn't like you. I still think about that. You're a good guy, and I hope I made it clear that I never meant you any disrespect.
Thanx! Well yes, there has been few good posts with you & dasx recently, also with pepper. I donīt take those his "poetry" posts seriously, I know he loves me anyway. I may sound catholic nun really, but itīs just this english language. In Finnish I can do lots of surrealistic shit.

What I really donīt understand here is those people who miss the past of SYG. If this place is horrible now, why they just stop posting? When I came here (I think it was 2010 or 2011) this was very cold place, I felt like people doesnīt want me here. Only Stu welcomed me. Then I got lots of shit towards my face even I just tried to be friendly. Also when looking those 2006 posts, I donīt think this place has been closest to heaven. For example that RR thread from that time, there sounds all who love RR will be burnt in the burning pile. So all you people who are missing past here, go to the old peopleīs home and stop posting!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2016, 12:36 AM   #127
pepper_green
Banned

I love you Mortte! those others are twisted up. don't know what the hell got their panties in a knot. calling me an asshole and things. they don't pump the same blood as me but, you. you get it. even if it's wrong.
Old 09.04.2016, 12:46 AM   #128
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I love you Mortte! those others are twisted up. don't know what the hell got their panties in a knot. calling me an asshole and things. don't pump the same blood as me but, you. you get it.
Youīre my brother (from another mother). Never could call you asshole.
Old 09.04.2016, 12:50 AM   #129
pepper_green
Banned

bro! slick high five over and under. blasted off from the mother land. blood.
Old 09.05.2016, 03:40 AM   #130
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Kool Thing came from the radio just some minutes ago! Although itīs my least favourite song in GOO, it rocks like hell (naturally put volumes high). I donīt remember when Iīve heard last time SY from the radio. Definitely best monday in my working life!

Listened Demonlover yesterday for a long time. Itīs just so fabulous, Move Away, Control Freak, Safe In Hell and all that stuff! Recorded that same time as Murray and although Murray of course is really great, I still think this material is even greater! Really hope they will rerelease this with some archive release!

Have to listen SY more, I think SYR6 will be next, then maybe NYC ghosts, also listened very little Hidros and those many live releases (never heard Walls Have ears at all, have to try to dig it from somewhere...)
Old 09.05.2016, 06:18 AM   #131
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
You guys are absolute cringe merchants.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2016, 06:22 AM   #132
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
your fucking crazy. nothing such as this thing is happening. no more of an asshole than i've ever been.

leave me alone Such.

Yea suchfriends leave the innocent victim alone. It's not like he called anyone: that must have been that other guy pepper meme
Old 09.05.2016, 06:25 AM   #133
Diesel
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Thanx! Well yes, there has been few good posts with you & dasx recently, also with pepper. I donīt take those his "poetry" posts seriously, I know he loves me anyway. I may sound catholic nun really, but itīs just this english language. In Finnish I can do lots of surrealistic shit.

What I really donīt understand here is those people who miss the past of SYG. If this place is horrible now, why they just stop posting? When I came here (I think it was 2010 or 2011) this was very cold place, I felt like people doesnīt want me here. Only Stu welcomed me. Then I got lots of shit towards my face even I just tried to be friendly. Also when looking those 2006 posts, I donīt think this place has been closest to heaven. For example that RR thread from that time, there sounds all who love RR will be burnt in the burning pile. So all you people who are missing past here, go to the old peopleīs home and stop posting!

What happened to being friendly then? If you can't beat em' join em' eh!
Old 09.05.2016, 10:49 AM   #134
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Kool Thing came from the radio just some minutes ago! Although itīs my least favourite song in GOO, it rocks like hell (naturally put volumes high). I donīt remember when Iīve heard last time SY from the radio. Definitely best monday in my working life!

Listened Demonlover yesterday for a long time. Itīs just so fabulous, Move Away, Control Freak, Safe In Hell and all that stuff! Recorded that same time as Murray and although Murray of course is really great, I still think this material is even greater! Really hope they will rerelease this with some archive release!

Have to listen SY more, I think SYR6 will be next, then maybe NYC ghosts, also listened very little Hidros and those many live releases (never heard Walls Have ears at all, have to try to dig it from somewhere...)

I don't own Walls Have Ears in any format. I have heard it, but the fact that the band doesn't approve of its existence makes me uncomfortable. However, it is a really strong live record. I'm not entirely sure why the band disavowed it, but it must have more to do with respect than with the quality of the thing. Had it not been bootlegged, I think the band may well have made an official live release out of at least some of the material. It's just irrefutably powerful.

I haven't heard SY on the radio in forever. Unless you count Internet "radio" a la Spotify and Apple Music and the like. In which case SY pops up a lot on the stations I've started and listened to.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2016, 01:55 AM   #135
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I don't own Walls Have Ears in any format. I have heard it, but the fact that the band doesn't approve of its existence makes me uncomfortable. However, it is a really strong live record. I'm not entirely sure why the band disavowed it, but it must have more to do with respect than with the quality of the thing. Had it not been bootlegged, I think the band may well have made an official live release out of at least some of the material. It's just irrefutably powerful.

I haven't heard SY on the radio in forever. Unless you count Internet "radio" a la Spotify and Apple Music and the like. In which case SY pops up a lot on the stations I've started and listened to.
Walls of Ears as a bootleg is a kind of tricky question. Anyway the first edition is released from the blast first and even the band asked to withdrawn it, they allowed to sell that pressing. Also these days Chris has put it into SY discographs into live albums, so I think band now thinks itīs ok release. Only thing what makes it little "bootie" still is that almost all the songs are the familiar ones, but first I get the impression there are to me never before heard material. So my interest lost little bit, because there are those good lives from the almost same time (live at the continental club, Hold that tiger). Also it seems only way to get it is to buy it and the first edition is expensive (from 50 to 100 euros). So I think I just listen the material that is in youtube from it and concentrate lot more to the other great albums!

I am not also a bootie collector, but have some, mostly material that hasnīt released anywhere else and quality is ok. You can always think for example Stooges Metallic K.O. is not ok release (Iggy wasnīt aware of itīs coming) but I think itīs absolutely fabulous!
Old 09.06.2016, 02:41 AM   #136
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Found oddity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DLRM6W0r3k

I donīt believe this really is SY, because this hasnīt mentioned in a Chris song database. Really hope it isnīt Sy, because itīs just horrible.

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth