Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page thurston, kim and coco on gilmore girls?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.06.2006, 09:28 PM   #21
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
How much do u wanna bet that it was coco that convinced them to go on the show ?

Coco: please dad, i want to be on tv and they said i could be on the show if you and mom did a song pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.
Thurston: ok,fine. I wonder if Lee ever has to deal with this kind of thing with his kid ?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 09:52 PM   #22
RockerNino
bad moon rising

RockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's asses
oh man, this should be interesting
RockerNino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 10:01 PM   #23
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
There is worse TV than Gilmore Girls. Lots worse.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 11:34 PM   #24
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I hate the Gilmore Girls and I haven't even seen it. Isn't it a show for like 12 year old girls? But seriously, hopefully somebody will remind us of this when it airs so we don't miss it.
Old 04.07.2006, 12:39 AM   #26
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. I love Gilmore Girls. It's my favourite show on TV. I think it's awesome they're going to be on. Funny that SY fans don't like the show, and GG fans probably don't know who Sy are though.
Old 04.07.2006, 03:43 AM   #27
der Don
empty page

der Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard suckader Don cold hard sucka
I like that show. Funny and entertaining. Great to see Kim, Coco and Thurston on it.
Old 04.07.2006, 03:55 AM   #28
strictlycommercial
bad moon rising

strictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's asses
I admire the balls.
Come on, it's a pair of cooler-than-thou art/rock types standing up & not only admitting that they like a shitty TV show but that they like it to such a degree they're willing to appear in it. Now that's class.

That & it could be useful promo.
I'd only be worried if the primary motivation was promo, appearing on a show you don't actually like just to help sell your album must be a really unpleasant experience.
strictlycommercial is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 03:57 AM   #29
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
This pairing is so insane and random. I don't get it.
Old 04.07.2006, 08:13 AM   #30
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I admire the balls.
Come on, it's a pair of cooler-than-thou art/rock types standing up & not only admitting that they like a shitty TV show but that they like it to such a degree they're willing to appear in it. Now that's class.

well said. why is it that anytime they do something that doesn't fit in with their image and isn't popular with the "indie" community, everyone tries to give them a motive that might be okay enough to keep them on a pedestal? why does it have to be kim's fault, or coco's fault? a feminist might say why isn't it thurston's fault; maybe he just thinks the gillmore girls are hot. (and parenthetically, i have never seen the gillmore girls so i don't even know if that statement is possible.) why do you need to ascribe a justification? why can't the answer simply be, maybe they actually like the show and just want to be on it?
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 08:54 AM   #31
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
wtf is gilmore girls? Becuz I'm thinking of that show about 4 old women living together... but that;s wrong.

I have no idea, but yea, this does seem strange. Not exactly the first time SY have done strange of the such, but it's a lot weirder being here for it rather than reading about it.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 10:23 AM   #32
strictlycommercial
bad moon rising

strictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's asses
Nope that was the Golden Girls, now that would really be something.
strictlycommercial is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 11:40 AM   #33
defcon4
little trouble girl

defcon4 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Folks need to lighten up. I think it's the funniest thing to happen to a good band on a bad TV show since Flaming Lips appeared on 90210. Anyone remember that? Or when SY was on Carson Daly. I don't watch GG but I'll definitely watch this.
defcon4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 12:03 PM   #34
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Never seen it but on a side note what the hell does Coco look like these days?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 12:14 PM   #35
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Well we know how CHOUT feels about this. As for me I'm looking forward to it yes I hate the show and have honestly only watched it once or twice in my life but anything SY related has gotta be cool
Old 04.07.2006, 12:23 PM   #36
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I'm finding this whole thing amusing more than anything else. I have no idea what this show is like... and will probably never see it... SY have never been afraid of the mainstream and I applaud them for that.

Go Coco!.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 12:46 PM   #37
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Oh man The Golden Girls! Thats a funny thought. Imagine back in '95 before Washing Machine came out if Sonic Youth were in Miami and I don't know Rose was found out to be related to Steve or something along those line. And the the first 5 minutes were setting up the situation and the next 22 minutes was a raucious version of The Diamond Sea. They'd cut to commercial mid song and come back from commercial and bam right back to the madness. I wish I controlled TV and so do you
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 12:52 PM   #38
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i'd love to hear a sonic youth cover of "thank you for bein' a friend."
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 01:54 PM   #39
vacuum noise
bad moon rising

vacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's asses
I agree that this album is seeming weirder and weirder but its jsut getting me more excited for it; and I dont really watch TV but Im stoked for SY on GG!!!!!
vacuum noise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 02:24 PM   #40
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha sweet

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth