Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Gateway Bands
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.04.2006, 09:46 PM   #21
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i started out in sixth grade or so with Metallica and Megadeth. that lead to Korn, White Zombie and Pantera. in the ninth grade my friend gave me burnt copies of the Dead Kennedys' Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables and Black Flag's Damaged. those two records opened up the world of punk for me. from there, i got into SY and some other post-punk stuff. it's kinda snowballed from there.
Old 05.04.2006, 11:00 PM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Definately true about C/R. I find that they're way more unfocused and boring than the songs on s/t.

now i really like cpature and release, though. i haven't put it in a while but i remember the last time i heard, i was very into it for the whole lenght of the album.

things like that always happen to me; i remember when i first started lurking the sy board and i saw many people mentioning erase errata, so i downloaded other animals and i couldn't get into it, it was all meh, all with nothing excited, i even posted on a errata thread (after i started posting) to why i didn't hear what they all heard and everybody replied saying "you have to see them live, blah blah". but then, couple of months later,i gave the album another spin and BAM!!! totally got it, the rage and fun and excitement were all there, and now i love erase errata.

youthoftomorrow's post made me realize something (because he mentiones metallica, megadeth, korn, pantera and white zombie), i hardly outgrow music; i usually keep listening to new stuff but also keep listening to the stuff i was listening to before, except if they are so burnt out by people around me that i don't feel like listening to it anymore or if they are all in mtv and radio and their current material sucks yet they keep getting more popular (case in point: korn). not many people are like me and seems weird to me, but oh well, i guess everyone's different
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 12:32 AM   #23
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
youthoftomorrow's post made me realize something (because he mentiones metallica, megadeth, korn, pantera and white zombie), i hardly outgrow music; i usually keep listening to new stuff but also keep listening to the stuff i was listening to before, except if they are so burnt out by people around me that i don't feel like listening to it anymore or if they are all in mtv and radio and their current material sucks yet they keep getting more popular (case in point: korn). not many people are like me and seems weird to me, but oh well, i guess everyone's different

dude, i'm the exact same way (even with the Korn thing).
Old 05.05.2006, 04:25 AM   #24
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
right on..

i guess that's what makes music so personal and valuable..
i just crank up an old tune, and i'm 16 again...

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 07:39 AM   #25
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
now i really like cpature and release, though. i haven't put it in a while but i remember the last time i heard, i was very into it for the whole lenght of the album.

things like that always happen to me; i remember when i first started lurking the sy board and i saw many people mentioning erase errata, so i downloaded other animals and i couldn't get into it, it was all meh, all with nothing excited, i even posted on a errata thread (after i started posting) to why i didn't hear what they all heard and everybody replied saying "you have to see them live, blah blah". but then, couple of months later,i gave the album another spin and BAM!!! totally got it, the rage and fun and excitement were all there, and now i love erase errata.

I don't find Korn's old stuff that bad myself even. Like, there's much better stuff out there, but it's not terrible like most of the mainstream.
Old 05.05.2006, 07:52 AM   #26
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
Nirvana/Sonic youth/PearlJam/Soundgarden
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 05:17 PM   #27
laserbeard
empty page

laserbeard has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
my first band was Iron Maiden, i was in elementary school and my older uncle always listened to them. i used to listen to Number of the Beast on my Fischer Price cassette player. things just escalated from there.
laserbeard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 09:59 PM   #28
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Smashing Pumpkins

The rest is history
LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 10:12 PM   #29
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Nirvana

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth