Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Go Watch These Movies. I Command Thee!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.14.2007, 11:12 PM   #1
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Because I say so. No, they are really good! i LOVED them all!

- notes on a scandal - cate blanchett vs. judy dench. UAU!! cate blanchett is as hot as she's ever been and though the plot has a few little holes from the book adaptation the acting is fucking SUPERB. bill nighy too (tho she doesnt look as hot as cate blanchett he he he). a tour the force for (from?) these 2 amazing actresses, i swear.

- little children - perhaps not accessible to teenagers, but if you're married or in a long term situation oh this will be this will be this will be a great damn movie. todd field who directed "in the bedroom" directed this awesome little movie. it's tragic it's funny it's scary it's unpredictable it's fucking EXCELLENT. a brilliant screenplay. and i'm forever in love with kate winslett of course.

-the last king of scotland - impressive, and forrest whittaker is EXTRAORDINARY in it. out of this fucking world acting. you like adventures and dangerous friends? oh go see this. also if you like gillian anderson ( rom the x files) go enjoy her Haggard but Hot looks. hm.. hot. but that's besides the point. this movie kicks ass.

- volver -- yessss!!!!!! penelope cruz in spanish is So Much Better in spanish than the stupid stereotypes she's usually set to play in hollywood crap! and almodovar remains a fucking genius. sure this is not such an insane movie as before but it's insane enough and altogether brilliant-- the way is shot is particularly delicious, great camera moves and angles and oh penelopes fake tits are quite a lovely pair! almodovar sure made fun of them.

- PAN'S LABYRINTH - do NOT fall for the advertising thinking that this is some kind of "labyrinth" featuring david bowie, no no no, this is not so much fantasy as a dark historical drama but SO FUCKING GOOD i have a moviegasm, i mean, fuck, this is a MEXIcAN director shooting in SPAIN and they KICK HOLLYWOOD IN THE ASSSSSSS!!!! oooooh this is something. it's not for children, it's for adults, though there are clearly Bad Villains, but, fuck! fuck! fuck! go have yourself a fucking good time at the movies!!

- the queen i have to say it wasn't that great, maybe if you're into the royalty shit, but i dont give 2 fucks about them & their dramas, thoughi have to say helen mirren was fucking fantastic, she is such a good actress, my first impression of her was naked with snakes around her body (maybe i'm making up the snakes) in Excalibur, that john boorman movie where she plays morgan, king arthur's fuckable little slut sister. anyway she's priceless and will turn a tv movie like this into a proper film which is how it's being marketed in the u.s.

-Curse of the Golden flower - GONG li IS A TOTAL BABE at 41 or 42 holy shit hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm those chinese genes are awesome. anyway blah, this is a fucking glorious technicolor chinese opera. yes it's opera, competely over-the-top melodrama, but it looks so fucking GOOOOOOD!!!!!!! forget the story, it's interesting for sure, but just go and be a visual pig, gorge yourself in those amazing images, blotches of color exploding in your visual cortex like a fire. go!!

that's all i had time to see this week you bastards but if you get a chance to catch any of these don't be a dunce and go see something good. fuck your wii, your wii can wait.

oh and a friend recomended children of men for its cinematography but i have yet to see for myself. but let me know if you liked.

Last edited by !@#$%! : 01.14.2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: retarded title, man...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:59 AM   #2
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I'll take all your considerations to thought. I don't get to go to the movie theatres very often and when there are handful of films that come out that sound intresting to me I end up seeing like one of them and the others I have to wait till they are on DVD. My theatre going is just not what it used to be. I've seen "Pan's Laybrinth" and loved the film a great deal. "Notes on a Scandal" for me would be worth seeing for Cate Blanchett, I think she's a good actress, but it can wait for DVD. "Curse of the Golden Flower" looks great, not sure if I'm going to catch that in theatres though, would like to but if not oh well. "Volver" might be good, that's a toss up and I can wait to see it on DVD. Haven't heard too much about "Little Childern" more of just print ads, so not really aching to see it any time soon. "The Queen" has gotten great reviews but don't feel the need to see it in theatres either. "The Last King of Scotland" has been out for awhile, probobly not playing in too many theatres anymore so that'll have to wait for DVD as well.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 04:02 AM   #3
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Volver is the only one I've seen, and I enjoyed it immensely.
Penelope is indeed better in her spanish roles.
Looking forward to seeing The Last King of Scotland.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 09:20 AM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
agh i apologize for the retardo title of this thread but i found i could edit it and put that command idiocy then i tried to fix it and the shit woulsd not let me. o well. caught with my pants down!

anyway volver is definitely worth watching on a big screen because the footage is quite fucking good, really wonderfully shot.

little children: well, if you liked "in the bedroom" (i loved that movie), this is the same director, and the screenplay is just damned good. a friend of mine who red the book said the book is better but from what he explaind i think it's just different, i.e. they had to adapt and did it well-- just different.

chinese opera loves the big screen too. oh yes im not talking about large tvs...
Old 01.15.2007, 11:55 AM   #5
James Blonde
bad moon rising

James Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard sucka
You can't get eyes off Penelope, James Blonde was thinking during the Volver.
James Blonde is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 01.15.2007, 12:19 PM   #7
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
everyone should watch turtles can fly. amazing film.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 12:41 PM   #8
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Volver is fucking amazing

and penelope is a goddess.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:24 PM   #9
mixtapegrrl
empty page

mixtapegrrl is a splendid one to beholdmixtapegrrl is a splendid one to beholdmixtapegrrl is a splendid one to beholdmixtapegrrl is a splendid one to beholdmixtapegrrl is a splendid one to beholdmixtapegrrl is a splendid one to beholdmixtapegrrl is a splendid one to beholdmixtapegrrl is a splendid one to behold
i want to see pan's and volver! i haven't been to the movies in a while the last film i had to sit through was fucking night at the museum with my 11 year old cousins, and that doesn't count. any thoughts on babel?
Old 01.15.2007, 02:38 PM   #10
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
...PAN'S LABYRINTH - do NOT fall for the advertising thinking that this is some kind of "labyrinth" featuring david bowie, no no no, this is not so much fantasy as a dark historical drama but SO FUCKING GOOD i have a moviegasm, i mean, fuck, this is a MEXIcAN director shooting in SPAIN and they KICK HOLLYWOOD IN THE ASSSSSSS!!!! oooooh this is something. it's not for children, it's for adults, though there are clearly Bad Villains, but, fuck! fuck! fuck! go have yourself a fucking good time at the movies!!

Magnificent film. I could write a couple of pages of praise about it, but I still wouldn't be able to get across how great it is, nor how important Guillermo del Toro is destined to be in cinematic history. If you can, you should watch The Devil's Backbone before seeing Pan's LAbyrinth, as they are companion pieces.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 05:17 PM   #11
thindarkduke13
bad moon rising

thindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's asses
If you can find it, see Zazie dans le metro. It's an early French New Wave fim by Louis Malle (Pretty Baby, Atlantic City) Very, very fun.
Find the last poor Preterite one . . .
Till the Riders sleep by ev'ry road,
All through our crippl'd Zone,
With a face in ev'ry Mountainside
And a Soul in ev'ry stone

Now Everybody -
thindarkduke13 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 05:29 PM   #12
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thindarkduke13
If you can find it, see Zazie dans le metro. It's an early French New Wave fim by Louis Malle (Pretty Baby, Atlantic City) Very, very fun.
oh!
that is a wonderful film, but it does not compare to the book at all. the book is a classic, i don't know why it seems so under rated, as i never hear about it anywhere. full of experimental bouncy prose. the author's last name is Quenault, i can't remember his first name...
wonderful book.
anyway... films...
Old 01.15.2007, 05:32 PM   #13
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
The Queen sounded boring, but man, it was great.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 05:54 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

penelope with no boobies in "all about my mother":

penelope with boobies in "volver":

Old 01.15.2007, 07:13 PM   #15
thindarkduke13
bad moon rising

thindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
oh!
that is a wonderful film, but it does not compare to the book at all. the book is a classic, i don't know why it seems so under rated, as i never hear about it anywhere. full of experimental bouncy prose. the author's last name is Quenault, i can't remember his first name...
wonderful book.
anyway... films...
I tried to check out the book at my university's library, but the translated one has been missing for a long time. It sounds great. I just love word-play like in Nabokov or Carroll. I loved that little girl in Zazie, the actress Catherine Demongeot.
Find the last poor Preterite one . . .
Till the Riders sleep by ev'ry road,
All through our crippl'd Zone,
With a face in ev'ry Mountainside
And a Soul in ev'ry stone

Now Everybody -
thindarkduke13 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 07:37 PM   #16
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses

Cruz

Hayak

The two of them make quite a quadtuplet don't you think?
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2007, 12:55 AM   #17
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
'Hayaks' tits are too big for my liking.

I just watched Three Buriels. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I may have. Nice shots in there though.
Old 01.16.2007, 02:07 AM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

but seriously, pan's labyrinth is as good as it gets. a perfect movie.

maribel verdU from "y tu mama tambien" is in it-- along with this amazing kid

hm, apparently the picture is too large to load. drakull...

well here is another.

conyo i cannot see the pictures... can any of you?

this???

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth