Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Which person do you reckon is the best you've spotted dancing in a public place?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2007, 08:02 AM   #1
sarramkrop

A teenage girl going mental to a free piano concert where i work. She was doing this electro shock dance to the calmest of piano pieces. Her mum was visibly embarassed because everyone kept looking at her and smiling.Priceless.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 08:16 AM   #2
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I always love to watch elderly couples dancing together in Spain. They're great dancers and really unselfconscious about it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The guys on acid at Haino. Not so much a dance as some convulsing and confused people.

I like how kids dance up until they're about 6. Oh, there was a girl of about 15 dancing on a wall on my way to work the other day, I liked her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 08:41 AM   #4
sarramkrop

I love the crowds at metal gigs. Some spectacular moshing at The Underworld on a good night.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 08:44 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
You've just reminded me of this time I saw Napalm Death a few years ago. There was some kids 'headbanging' to the support band, and I think one of them was a bit 'special'. He was brilliant, although I felt a bit wrong for laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 08:45 AM   #6
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I love the crowds at metal gigs. Some spectacular moshing at The Underworld on a good night.

I use to go to a pub that had local metal bands playing regularly. There was one bloke who was always there, and used to play air bass. If he got a note wrong, he'd stop and correct himself.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 08:51 AM   #7
sarramkrop

They are a rubbish band, but The Libertines had some of the best crowds i've ever seen going completly berserk. One particular mention to this gig they played at The Hope And Anchor: The place is so tiny and it was a bunch of kids tearing the place apart. Real good fun.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 09:22 AM   #8
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
the indie kids moshing at wolf eyes the other night...lol

btw that included me after a few pints
Old 04.21.2007, 09:26 AM   #9
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
the moshpit at the slayer show was the most organized thing i have seen before, a perpetual motion centrifuge

and i can't think of anything off my head in an odd place, but as for an odd dance, i saw a guy do the 'running man' during a rogers sisters set
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 09:27 AM   #10
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I like how kids dance up until they're about 6. Oh, there was a girl of about 15 dancing on a wall on my way to work the other day, I liked her.

PAEDO!
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 09:30 AM   #11
sarramkrop

A racist paedophile to match. I bet he thinks all black children are born with the dancing gene, because that's all they'll do when they'll grow up. There's no stopping him.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 09:33 AM   #12
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
A racist paedophile to match. I bet he thinks all black children are born with the dancing gene, because that's all they'll do when they'll grow up. There's no stopping him.

Its true they are! At least thats whats taught at my school...
Old 04.21.2007, 09:46 AM   #13
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I saw this couple once at a club in Soho years ago doing a type of Northern Soul dance-off thing. they were fanstastic. The best thing though was seeing Ethiopian dancing at a The Ex/Getachew Mekuriya gig in Paris last year - simply astonishing.
Old 04.21.2007, 09:51 AM   #14
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Me + vodka + dancefloor + sk8er boi = intricate footwork heaven
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 09:59 AM   #15
sarramkrop

In July we have this festival outside work called 'Watch This Space', and the most bonkers of dancers come out en masse. My favourite last year was this middle aged woman who was dancing like she was on acid ( it could have been the case, judging by her behaviour) to an african band. There's also this guy, probably in his late sixties, who wears a tutu and jumps, that's all he does, he jumps. Also a group of older guys from South London, who all dress like Elvis or The Bee Gees and throw retro poses in the crowd.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 10:14 AM   #16
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
a drunk, blind, homeless men singing and dancing with his dog. amazing.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 10:19 AM   #17
sarramkrop

Wait! I forgot to mention this spanish girl on a wheelchair doing the freakiest dance with it in a russian bar, complete with a crowd of russian guys around her. Amazing. All her friends were some of the most surreal people i've ever happened to chat to in a bar, and they had this kind of art collective thing going on. They all looked like they jumped out of a film set.

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 10:24 AM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
this is not the best but the worst: a woman at a party who would do the freakiest jumping motions to the music, and traversed the dance floor as if she was riding a stick pony, regardless of the music

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 12:06 PM   #19
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
we paid a homeless guy 20 bucks to dance in his undies once outside a bar, it was hilarious.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 09:38 AM   #20
Isoflurane
bad moon rising

Isoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to behold
Man, My fucking brother.
I had no idea that kid could move like he does.
He's got feet, and he crip walks everywhere.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth