Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Anyone know any good books?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.06.2006, 03:43 AM   #81
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuetzpalin
but it's no surprise.. he was murdered by some christian fanatic, wasn't he?

Not quite.

Pasolini died on November 2, 1975 at the beach of Ostia, near Rome, in a location typical of his novels. He was murdered brutally by being run over several times with his own car. Giuseppe Pelosi, a hustler, was arrested and confessed to murdering Pasolini. On May 7th, 2005, he retracted his confession, claiming that unidentified men had killed Pasolini (he spoke of three strangers, with a southern Italian accent, insulting Pasolini as a "filthy communist"). He gave threats of violence against his family as the reason for his erstwhile confession. The investigation into Pasolini's death was reopened following Pelosi's recantation.
His murder is still not completely explained: some contradictions in the declarations of Pelosi, a strange intervention by Italian secret services during the investigations and some lack of coherence of related documents during the different parts of the judicial procedures brought some of Pasolini's friends (actress Laura Betti, a close friend, particularly) to suspect that his murder had been commissioned. An enquiry of Pasolini's friend Oriana Fallaci (on the "Europeo" magazine) brought up the inefficiency of the investigations; many clues indicate as unlikely that Pelosi killed Pasolini alone. It is true, indeed, that Pasolini, in the months just before his death, had seen many politicians, telling them that he was aware of certain crucial secrets. Following Pelosi's statement of May 2005, the Rome police reopened the murder case; judges, however, considered the new elements insufficient to continue.
Pasolini was buried in Casarsa, in his beloved Friuli. In the grave he wears the jersey of the Italian Showmen National Team, a benefaction soccer team founded by Pasolini among others.
Evidence uncovered in 2005 points to Pasolini being murdered by an extortionist. Testimony by Pasolini's friend Sergio Citti indicates that some of the film rolls from Salò were stolen and Pasolini was going to meet with the thieves after a visit to Stockholm, November 2, 1975. He told others that he knew he would be murdered by the Mafia. Shortly after he was found dead in Ostia outside Rome.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2006, 04:02 AM   #82
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
hopefully i will be getting some for christmas but i can drop hints until i am blue in the face and never get what i want.

From the day I started working in a bookshop, I have never received a book or book token as a present.

people don't seem to understand that I still read books and still have to buy them. Oh well.

From my American literature studies, I particularly loved:
Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth