Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page These Dying Days (Short Story)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.23.2007, 01:29 AM   #1
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Friday night, I remember the day so vaguely like I do with everything now a days. Maybe it is the stress, or the fact that I am getting old. I am sixty-five. I just sit here in this old room, thinking of my forgotten youth. What most I can remember. I remember the first time I met the girl I laid in my bed. Her name was Eleanor, she was this tall beautiful girl. Her hair was brown, big brown eyes, and soft medium light skin.

I met her on the field, the sun was shining bright that day. I was with my buddies, most whom are dead now. Don't know lost touch with them after I moved to this city here. Her walk was as sensual as she later proved to be. She was way ahead of me, so I ran, just to catch up to her. I called her out.

"Hey?" She ignored me.
"Hey miss?"
"Yes?"
"How you doing this fine afternoon?" She looked annoyed.
"Fine, I must leave you, I'm in such a rush." With that I stayed back, and watched her go. I can't remember, how we ended up in bed, but I do know that night after that.

I lit a cigarette, and opened a bottle of whisky. Her eyes seemed dim. I remember asking her why. All she said was that the next day she was going to move to a new town. She never said what the name was. Then, she grabbed her clothes, put them on, and left. I was dumbfounded by this. I sat down next to my windowsill, and saw her weave through the shadows, she did not want anyone to see her. Well this was understandable.

Now I sit here in this dump of a room. Medicine everywhere, and dust collecting on the photograph's I have of people I can rarely remember. I look out the window now, and i see people walking below me. Carrying shopping bags, taking their children, and a sort of array of things. The air is stale, and I have run out of coffee. These are my last dying days, in about a week, I will enter a daycare center for the old. And this terrifies me, so much. I wonder how they will treat me.

My biggest fear is dying in a bed, where a stranger has already died before. I fear they will ration what I will eat. Ah! these truly are my dying days. Yesterday, I was walking through the park, and something horrid happened.

Some young man came up to me. He said to me, "Give me your money, old man." Frighten of course, I was frozen still. He repeated his demand again. I of course gave him my money. I did not report it, why? Because the police won't do anything. And also, the city is big, when will they find him?

Oh look at the time, I must go get the pills, to rid of this pain I feel. I think I will up the intake for today. Maybe five pills will do.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth