Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Recommend me 2011 albums
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.30.2011, 03:10 AM   #81
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
lol.

I agree w you on Kanye though. Anyone who says he is not ridiculously talented hasn't paid enough attention.

He may be talented, but mostly he's just ridiculous.

Just because you have talent, doesn't mean you use it well, or that you're not a jackass.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2011, 03:48 AM   #82
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I have anything against anybody here. This is free forum where anybody can be. But if I understood correct, Derek just said the quality of discussions have gone lower and he thinks itīs new members fault. So in the internet world I think it is quite easy to put up a group where only qualified can come, if the discussions here irratates so much. I donīt like people who like to complain all the time.

I think he also said if the member just like Sonic Youth it isnīt enough here. I think it is the only reason to be here, isnīt this Sonic Youth Gossib? I have been wondering why some people are here when they havenīt liked Sonic Youth for years. If the reason isnīt they want to play sick social games, tell me what it is?

I just think the people that dislike this board should fuck off and quit complaining. Personally, while I do respect some of the people that have been mentioned, like atsonicpark... I do not see those users as "superior". I have the same respect for pretty much anyone here that doesn't irritate me. I find it silly to put the blame on new users for this place going downhill and not act like you have anything to do with it either. I also think the uncertainty of Sonic Youth's future and longevity of them not recording a new album has somewhat been an impediment to this place. I'm just noticing that a lot of the older members have been acting bitter and ostentatious and it's annoying. Is this place THAT important? it rubs me the wrong way when someone makes a thread insinuating that people should try to achieve their level of intelligence. I like Derek's posts too, but just disagree with a lot of what he's been saying lately.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2011, 04:58 AM   #83
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
also why are these people alive this foreverasskiss is like ni'k if ni'k wasn't as fun or interesting
lol, shawts.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2011, 05:02 AM   #84
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Vince Staples is finally gonna release his first tape today. could be this year's EARL.
Old 12.30.2011, 06:19 AM   #85
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
i like kanye except 808s and hb, i wish he would have a beef with jay z though, that guy bored the living shit out of me ten years ago when he was exponentially better than now, i don't how much more of that assclown i can stand at this point
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2011, 06:56 AM   #86
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
i like kanye except 808s and hb, i wish he would have a beef with jay z though, that guy bored the living shit out of me ten years ago when he was exponentially better than now, i don't how much more of that assclown i can stand at this point
Kanye ain't made for beef tho. at all. haha.

and lol @ SY fans finding Ye & Jay boring.
Old 12.30.2011, 07:04 AM   #87
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
i think kanye could potentially be good at beefing, he's arrogant enough and the fact that he's the polar opposite of the classic battle rapper could turn out pretty original, on the other hand it could end up like deedee ramone rapping or lil wayne rocking, which would at least be entertaining while it's happening
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2011, 08:44 AM   #88
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
He may be talented, but mostly he's just ridiculous.

Just because you have talent, doesn't mean you use it well, or that you're not a jackass.

being a jackass has nothing to do with making music. People need to seperate artist from art. As far as using his talent well, I'm not sure how'd you'd htink he doesn't. Unless like i said, yr just not paying enough attention.
Old 12.30.2011, 08:47 AM   #89
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

see, what I love about Jay is that he HAS improved over the years. Something that doesn't happen often in hip hop. Usually careers get put on autopilot. When he made The Blueprint it was kind of like you thought that as it. That was the top. Then he made The Black Album (I can't say it's better than Blueprint, but it's just as solid). And he was gonna retire. And you figured, ok that makes sense. He's gonna end on this super-solid album. But a few years later he put out American Gangster. THE BEST ALBUM IN HIS DISCOGRAPHY. And Blueprint 3 and Watch The Throne are far from bad or boring. So not sure where yr coming from?
Old 12.30.2011, 08:48 AM   #90
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
i think kanye could potentially be good at beefing, he's arrogant enough and the fact that he's the polar opposite of the classic battle rapper could turn out pretty original, on the other hand it could end up like deedee ramone rapping or lil wayne rocking, which would at least be entertaining while it's happening

^you get it, and I'm with you. Kanye is not a battle rapper, but his own take on it would be awesome... (can't tell him NOTHING)
Old 12.30.2011, 09:22 AM   #91
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
see, what I love about Jay is that he HAS improved over the years. Something that doesn't happen often in hip hop. Usually careers get put on autopilot. When he made The Blueprint it was kind of like you thought that as it. That was the top. Then he made The Black Album (I can't say it's better than Blueprint, but it's just as solid). And he was gonna retire. And you figured, ok that makes sense. He's gonna end on this super-solid album. But a few years later he put out American Gangster. THE BEST ALBUM IN HIS DISCOGRAPHY. And Blueprint 3 and Watch The Throne are far from bad or boring. So not sure where yr coming from?
TRUE. that's what makes Jay the greatest rapper in my book.
most of them will never match their debut album.

American Gangster is fantastic. i heard his next album is gonna have some dope concept.
Old 12.30.2011, 09:29 AM   #92
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
^you get it, and I'm with you. Kanye is not a battle rapper, but his own take on it would be awesome... (can't tell him NOTHING)
Ye is so ambitious. he really wants to be remembered as the best of all time.. he just made a perfect album last year & is still far from finished.

he hadn't made a rap album in a while, his last album was all autotune..
everyone was pissed at him, even Obama.
then he came up with the GOOD Friday leaks, the Runaway movie..
all lived up to the hype. that's so fucking epic.
Old 12.30.2011, 10:22 AM   #93
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yup. 808s was interesting and all. But I didn't love it. Especially following Graduation which I loved. Then the GOOD Friday stuff started coming out and it was like "woah" and then Dark Twisted was just insane.
Old 12.30.2011, 11:48 AM   #94
louder
invito al cielo

i didn't really like 808s when it just came out but it grew on me. the trilogy of Paranoid-Robocop-Street Lights is beautiful.
Old 12.30.2011, 12:11 PM   #95
noisereductions
invito al cielo

it's a good record. It's my least favorite Kanye album. But that doesn't make it bad. Y'know?
Old 12.30.2011, 12:14 PM   #96
louder
invito al cielo

mine is WTT. i prefer 808s cuz it has more emotion. but either way you can't go wrong with a Ye album.
Old 12.30.2011, 01:24 PM   #97
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
being a jackass has nothing to do with making music. People need to seperate artist from art. As far as using his talent well, I'm not sure how'd you'd htink he doesn't. Unless like i said, yr just not paying enough attention.
i like Ye's personality btw. that's just me doe.
Old 12.30.2011, 01:51 PM   #98
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I do too. I think he's an arrogant prick, but he knows that and admits it. I also think he's very publicly lonely and depressed (I think the line on WTT where he says he wants his son to be someone that everyone likes is heart-wrenching in a way) . He's overly emotional, and very self-aware. "The plan was to drink until the pain's over, but what's worse -- the pain or the hangover?" Dude is just an open book, IF YOU decide to read it.
Old 12.30.2011, 03:14 PM   #99
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
I think most people here like Sonic Youth, besides gast30. he doesn't even like girls.
tbh i consider SY to be my fav band, but i can't remember the last time i listened to them. might've been a couple of years..
Old 12.30.2011, 05:29 PM   #100
noisereductions
invito al cielo

SY is far and away my favorite band. They're the #1 music I care about. And that's funny, cuz I barely listen to "rock music" besides these days.

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth