Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Songs You're Ashamed To Not Like
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.16.2006, 01:21 PM   #41
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I dislike just about every Dinosaur Jr. song I've heard besides Freak Scene, Severed Lips, Feel The Pain, and The Wagon.

Actually, I'm not ashamed of that.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 02:34 PM   #42
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah, other ones for me include:

Jackie O'Motherfucker
and Sunburned Hand of the Man
Old 12.16.2006, 02:35 PM   #43
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i'm only sort of ashamed, but the rolling stones. they do nothing for me.
Old 12.16.2006, 03:57 PM   #44
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
ha, wow, have to agree with diesel here . . . this whole thread screams "i am too insecure to like what i like and dislike what i dislike when other people might disagree and hurt my oh-so-precious reputation." any kind of pressure to like certain things amounts to mass conformity in the name of nonconformity . . . oh wait, but then the whole "indie" movement amounts to mass conformity in the name of nonconformity. silly me.

that said, i have the following "unconventional" tastes, whatever the hell that means:

--i'll third the whole pixies thing. same goes for pavement, modest mouse, and just about anything else in that vein.

--i like gregorian chant, even though i'm atheist.

--i still like nirvana, but less and less as i get older.

--adding in noise to strategic places in songs adds a nice artistic flair. making full albums of nothing but noise is a waste of time.

--while i enjoy both classical and popular music, classical music is a much higher art form.

--SY need to steer away from the recent "pop" trend.

--listening to people you don't honestly enjoy purely for the sake of some social benefit is laughable. same goes for throwing out obscure names for no reason whatsoever.

--with one or two exceptions, the beatles never excited me that much.

...you can excoriate me now. i invite your vitriol.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 04:17 PM   #45
blastscenealibi
bad moon rising

blastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's asses
It's funny seeing how people worry about how others view them. And how they try to fit into a certain persona.
blastscenealibi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 04:52 PM   #46
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Father, I am afraid I do not like The Pixies, or any of these new noiseniks such as The Magik Markers. I feel they are talentless.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 05:05 PM   #47
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i'm only sort of ashamed, but the rolling stones. they do nothing for me.

No need to feel shame, darling. I don't give a fuck for them either. I say that without hearing anything other than, basically, Forty Licks and some other crap, and I don't care to hear anything else. I stand by that.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 05:06 PM   #48
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
I hate how people continously come in these threads just to say that "you's fuckers is insecure."
YEH, WE FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS ABOUT, NOW SHUT UP. YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS MEANT BY THIS THREAD, IT'S BANDS THAT MOST PEOPLE "LIKE YOU" LIKE, THAT YOU DON'T LIKE FOR WHATEVER REASON. I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE (lifts hands) WITH THIS CRAP!!!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 12.16.2006, 06:58 PM   #49
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry, but Pixies are boring, Frantz Ferdinand makes always the same song, like Oasis, Bloc Party,the Strokes...and all of those groups from "the new rock of the 21st Century. Concerning Sonic Youth, the album I dislike, i'm sorry : Murray Street. Too slow, too pop, even if "Karen..." sounds good. Don't beat me, father !

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 07:04 PM   #50
k-krack
invito al cielo

I'll go ahead and disagree with you there, HECKLER. The Pixies are the oppsite of boring!!! And Murray Street is fucking RAD!

I fucking hate Oasis and The Strokes and Franz... Bloc Party's first album is alright, though. The new song I've heard blows terribly...

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 12.16.2006, 07:27 PM   #51
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
I said I'm sorry for this attack against Pixies that you can't support, K-krack, but people says they 're a special band with a singular song, but for me, when you've listen to Sonic sounds, Pixies sound insipid.
Murray Street is not a piece of shit, but when it came out I thought O' Rourke brought more experimental materials, more guitars... I was waiting for big walls of sound, and I was disappointed. And it's too calm for me.

Old 12.16.2006, 07:39 PM   #52
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I hate all this new trendy indie shit like the kaiser shits, the artic shits, shit party, franz ferdinand, the kooks and all that bollocks. I can't believe how many crap bands are coming out of england, actaully i can.

and if I hear that fucking America song by razorshite one more time I am going to hunt them down and piss on their faces.

I think people need to listen to the first dinosaur records and not base their opinions on the later stuff which I personally think is boring. If you don't like the first 3 then fair enough but I would give them a chance before dismissing them completely.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 07:49 PM   #53
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

Agree with The Lung (my favorite song on " You're living..."!), I saw Dino Jr this week in Paris, and their 80's songs sound good, 15 years after... Not sure people still listen to Frantz ferdinand or other shit in 5 years...

Old 12.16.2006, 07:50 PM   #54
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
fuck you!
fuck you too!

i loathe pavement with every fiber of my being but i am most definitely not ashamed to admit it.

haha!
pavement rock!
suck my pixie-hating balls.
Old 12.16.2006, 07:56 PM   #55
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Xiu Xiu (or is it Xui Xui? WHO CARES!)

I gave one of their albums a listen to at my local secondhand store and thought it was boring as watching paint dry. Perhaps I could give it another listen if I find it somewhere again, but well, I don't care to. Certain people have ruined that band for me even if they do show potential.

I know, I know. I lose all 'indie' cred that I have have attained (if I even had any at all) as they seem to be the indie scene band at the moment. But oh well. I'll still sleep the same at night.
Old 12.16.2006, 07:58 PM   #56
k-krack
invito al cielo

What?!! Xiu Xiu fucking rock!!!! Come on!!! No! You'd better stop sleeping at night if yr gonna think that way!!!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 12.16.2006, 08:59 PM   #57
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I can't believe how many people dislike The Pixies...
Old 12.16.2006, 09:03 PM   #58
k-krack
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I can't believe how many people dislike The Pixies...
Same.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 12.16.2006, 09:38 PM   #59
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
My problem with The Stooges comes from the fact that after repeated listenings the music finds it difficult to be combined with 'other' musics.I like The Stooges and i love Raw Power but they confine those feelings of appreciation to euphoria that is not the norm of my days,nowadays.It doesn't register with a brain and heart that is cracked open and therefore it lacks in terms of sphere of influence.

^just an opinion by porkmarras.The Stooges surely rock the house.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 01:38 AM   #60
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I'm beginning to dislike Sonic Youth. Should I even be here?

It's like when Rather Ripped came out, and I listened to it and thought, "Well that was fucking retarded." And now every time I hear one of their songs it is tainted by retardation. Except for mostly everything on Bad Moon Rising, I mean it's been months since I've played that one, but I imagine it would sound as good as ever.

Anyway, my point is that I am more critical of them than any other band, probably. Sometimes they're just boring, and the lyrics are atrocious, and the melodies are juvenile. When they're bad, they're unbearable, like "What A Waste" or some other such nonsense. When they're good, it's all great and there's "Brother James" and all of that.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth